The Awakening and the King’s Curse

My Dark Moon

Sleep tight my baby~

Be still love don’t cry~

Sleep as you’re rocked by the wind~

Sleep and remember my last lullaby~

So I’ll be with you when you dream~

 

Taemin-ah, Oh Taemin!

Ride carefully for me!

Such precious cargo you bear~

Take him somewhere where he could be free

Taemin-ah, protect him there!

 

            Uwahhh!!  Kwangmin groaned as he woke up from the dream gasping for breath. The seal was broken and he now knows everything that had transpired. He now knew his real identity and was having trouble accepting it. He now knew the woman that was in his dream was his mother and Youngmin was his twin. He now knew that in this house he was not a family but a prisoner for a crime he didn’t commit. He felt hurt as the people who said who loved him lied to him by keeping his true identity a secret. But he tried to hide his feelings. No one must know that he knows everything even to Minwoo who also knew nothing. He eyed his surroundings and seeing Minwoo gone from the bed they share meant he was either downstairs eating or still showering. The latter proved to be true as a Minwoo strutted to their room still dripping. He noticed Kwangmin staring at him.

           

            Yah! If you’re awake now better go shower or we will be late!  Shouted Minwoo making Kwangmin snap from his daze.

            Yeah yeah whatevs.  Kwangmin said to Minwoo as he got his bathroom supplies. He gave one last look to Minwoo and thought I’m sorry and went showering. After a while they were all eating downstairs. Taemin was busy reading the newspaper while Lady Sulli was preparing their lunch and Lady Victoria was serving the food. Lady Victoria noticed the look Kwangmin gave to them and thought.

 

            I guess he knew some by now. I guess I need to talk with him.  Lady Victoria said in her mind. They were saying goodbyes when she went out and called Kwangmin.

 

            Kwangmin-ah!  She said waving for him to come near. Kwangmin warily went to her.

            I’ll tell you everything later. Be home soon okay?  Kwangmin nodded in understanding and went to run towards Minwoo who was waiting. At school, Kwangmin was immediately flooded by his fans greeting him Happy Birthday receiving a sneer from Minwoo. He glared at the other and took the presents however due to the enormous quantity he tossed some of it to Minwoo. When they arrived at the SC room more presents are piled in one section of the room. The day passed but it seemed only one thing occupied Kwangmin’s mind throughout the day that he seemed dazed. He even ate slowly, much to the concern of Manshii and Jieun but Minwoo only shrugged saying it happens most of the time when he’s thinking of something. The day ended and they were in the office with Yang Yoseob and President Gikwang in the council room. Once again Kwangmin was dazed while thinking at his table. Yoseob doing nothing looked around the room noticing Kwangmin and nudged Jieun.

 

            Do we have a big event for him to be dazed like that?  He asked worriedly.

            Other than the school dance which is way months later, there is nothing in schedule. Dunno why but he’s been like that ever since this morning. He must be thinking of stuffs for his birthday, it is today after all.  She said shrugging and Yoseob oblivious of the matter immediately turned his attention elsewhere.

 

            The hours went by fast and it was already 5:30 (Classes end at 3 for this fic though I doubt that it’s like that in real life since Martina from EatYourKimchi said their school hours can go up to 11pm). The others were already finished with what they have to do and were cleaning their tables. But still Kwangmin felt he still has something to do so he told Minwoo to go home first. Feeling something is really up, he wanted to ask Kwangmin but decided against it as he knew Kwangmin will talk if he wants to. He cast him a worried look and just nodded.

 

            Don’t be home late okay?  Minwoo said while Kwangmin nodded.

 

            Minwoo left and he went back thinking in his chair. After a while he felt stuffed that he decided to do some stretching. Since the council room is near the rooftop he went there to watch the sun set. He was staring at the orange sky as he felt a presence from behind him. He turned around and saw someone. He recognized that person from his visions. That person came close and Kwangmin stood up.

 

            You… why are you here?  He asked. That person didn’t say anything but bowed before him. Kwangmin eyed that person as it took a book and presented it to Kwangmin.

            A gift… Don’t let that other girl see it.  That person said. Kwangmin understood that other girl meant Lady Victoria but was curious about the book and started browsing the book. Surprisingly he could read it but was going to ask questions when he noticed that that person disappeared. He said thanks particularly to no one and a wind blew caressing him. He savored the feeling then decided to go home. It’s time to interview Lady Victoria.

 

~ Valkir ~

 

            The castle was quiet as the days past Youngmin’s birthday. He requested that no celebration must be held for his birthday. His reason was it’s the time his father will start dying and he wasn’t looking forward to it. The king looked okay but as the days passed, the signs of the curse starting can be seen. They were together one time eating when he suddenly started coughing. He coughed nonstop and when he did, blood was seen in his mouth. Youngmin was worried and proposed an early coronation so the king could rest but the king was unbending and said he will only do it when his body is too weak to move anymore. Youngmin couldn’t help but watch darkly as his father die slowly day by day.