The Prophecy Unfolds

My Dark Moon

           

            A woman in dark clothing is standing at the mouth of a cave looking at the sky. She seemed solemn while staring at the dark starry sky, the wind blowing softly. Then she raised her hands high as if catching something and the soft wind became hard. She didn’t even yield or blink as she kept staring at the dark sky. After a while the wind died down and she brought her hands together. She looked towards the kingdom of Valkir.

 

            I guess it’s time.  She said as she went inside the cave, torches lighting up as she pass by. In a far wall deep inside the cave, a spring is collected in the center by a large stone with a bowl shape hollow. She went and sat on the side of the stone and touched the water. Ripples appeared and as it lessened it gave an image of a man – a noble to be exact pacing back and forth in a magnificent room while his servant watches worriedly and tries to speak.

 

In Mangnificent Room

 

            Forgive me for my insolence King Yeong but will you please stop pacing the ground? The royal physician is already at the queen’s side and Hyori, the Head Shrine Maiden is also there with some of the maidens.  The servant said.

            I can’t stop worrying and calm down! It’s already been hours since she was supposed to give birth and yet there is still no word Chancellor Kim!  He said, his worries clear on his tone and face. He then chose to sat down and wait again for the news.

 

The Queen’s Chamber

 

               AAAahhhhh!!! Uuuuuhhhhhh!!!!!!!  The queen struggled to contract for the baby with the physician holding her hands and encouraging her.

                 That’s right Queen Kwanhyeong, push!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!  The queen shouted again while Hyori, the head Shrine maiden became ecstatic.

                 I can see the head!  She exclaimed as the queen struggled again. Soon cries can be heard throughout the halls of the castle as a healthy baby boy started crying.

          Congratulations my Queen it’s a prince!  Hyori exclaimed as the whole room became ecstatic congratulations being said one after another. The queen momentarily smiled affectionately but suddenly flinched again as another contraction is felt. Hyori looked again at the queen and was shocked at what she saw. She looked at the two assistants and the royal physician and they nodded in understanding. She thought it was a good thing that they were inside a veiled room. She immediately orders the palace maids just to make sure.

            Palace maids! We need more hot water and linen, the queen is bleeding we need to stop it now!  She shouted as the palace maids immediately shuffled to get what she requested. As soon as they were gone she ordered a shrine maiden.  Do not let anyone in! If it’s the maids, get what they bring and tell them to wait outside.  The maiden bowed as they locked the doors and even the windows. The queen struggled again and after a few moments, another cry can be heard but none of the people there were celebrating. It was a healthy young boy like the first one, though the only difference that will determine their future is that the younger boy had black hair. Hyori looked to her assistants and the physician as she immediately wrapped the boy in linen hiding his trait.

            No one must know about this. She said as she casted a spell on everyone on the room. A mark is seen on the foreheads of the people inside except the queen.

            It’s the amnesia mark. It will prevent you from talking about this matter because you will forget it. Now go and get the king, he must be pretty worried and if he asks tell him it’s a prince and no more.  She said gesturing to the royal physician who bowed and left. The queen didn’t hear the exchange as she passed out immediately after her ordeal.

 

The King’s Chamber

            The King was pacing the floor again but now faster as he heard of the queen’s plight. He was deep in thoughts as he didn’t hear the chancellor call him. The chancellor coughed loudly to get his attention.

            What is it Chancellor Kim!?  He said irritated. The chancellor lowered his head and talked slowly.

         The royal physician is here your majesty.  He replied as the king immediately went to the door and opened it. He grabbed the physician by the shoulders and started bombarding him with questions.

         How’s the queen? Is she okay? Did the bleeding stop? Was it a prince or a princess?  The King asked nonstop. The physician smiled as he calmed the King down.

            Calm down your majesty. The Queen is okay. Lady Hyori stopped the bleeding immediately. And congratulations it’s a prince!  He said as the King became ecstatic.

                A prince!  The King said giddily.

          Yes your highness. Now go, the queen asked for you.  He said as his majesty released his grip and started running towards the queen’s chambers followed by his entourage and the physician. The King entered and is going to be followed by the chancellor when the physician blocked him.

            Now now Chancellor Kim. Give them some family time. The King was obviously waiting for this for hours. Let him have their time alone. Just join in the celebrations tomorrow.  He said as he patted the chancellor’s shoulder.

               Sorry my friend, but I can’t tell you the whole truth.  The physician thought.

               I guess you’re right. By the way is it really a prince?  He asks the physician.

         What? You think I’m too old to be able to not differentiate a prince from a princess?  He asked irked.

          Maybe… who knows?  The chancellor joked, a smile appearing on his serious face.

            Why you! Come on I need to tell something to the chef for the queen’s food and maybe some for you to clear your mind.  The physician said while faking a smile as he thought of the plight of the black haired prince.