The Coronation and the Trial of Elements (Part II)

My Dark Moon

A/N

Sorry to my subbies if I just updated a month again. Lots of things happened and I don't know anymore if I'm on the right track but with a will to finish this story I scraped this for all of you hope you liked it.


 

 

            Everyone retreated to the King’s chambers while the shrine maidens erected the soul barrier. The chancellor, curious of Taemin’s duty, buzzed around the King’s door as soon as he was somewhat finished in carrying out the order. But seeing the door locked and a barrier erected made him furious.

 

            What the! I’m the chancellor for Valkir’s sake! I should know these things!  He furiously exclaimed as he stomped away to complete what he was ordered to do.

            The chancellor seemed unpleased that we excluded him my liege.  Lady Hyori suddenly exclaimed getting everyone’s attention as now they are in the spirit world.

            Leave him be. He’ll understand soon enough.  King Yeong hastily replied as he looked towards Taemin.

            I assume you’re curious as to how he grew up?  Taemin asked as he held his hands toward Lady Sulli who was digging in her baggage getting out a book.

            A book?  Youngmin asked as he too was curious as to how his twin grew up.

            Nope young prince. To be specific it’s an album. It’s a collection of pictures or in equivalent terms to ours is a mini painting.  Taemin clarified as he presented the album to the king who put it in the center of the table for everyone to see.

            Would you like to see from the baby up or in reverse?  Taemin asked.

            In reverse please.  Youngmin asked as his curiosity eats him up. Taemin immediately complied as he flipped the album in reverse. Kwangmin’s student council group photo showed up making everyone gasp except for Taemin’s group.

            It can’t be… but his face was different!  Youngmin said unwilling to acknowledge that the one he was looking at was himself but with black hair.

            It’s true my prince. He was using a body changing spell, that’s why his face was different.  Donghyun explained as Youngmin nodded in understanding.

            This one is Minwoo right? But who are the others, his warriors?  Youngmin asked Taemin while the latter shook his head.

            Kwangmin was a member in the Student Council and those are the other members which are humans.  Taemin clarified.

            Student Council?  King Yeong asked.

            Yes sir, a student council. In the human world, education can continue even if you are an adult. The early stages of education which are elementary, middle school and high school are kept in check by one body represented by students. They are there to address the students’ needs and to be the representative of the students in school meetings so the teachers and students are in accord with each other and to avoid the teachers over abusing their authority.      Taemin further explained.

            What’s his post?  Youngmin asked.

              Kwangmin was in second-in-command and Minwoo was in outside relations officer.

            Second-in-command, as expected of a prince.  The Queen said smiling. Youngmin noticed this and he couldn’t help but be jealous. The Queen noticed Youngmin’s sudden actions.

            Please understand my dear. I love you both equally since you came from me but since we’re separated since birth I just can’t help but fawn over.  The queen replied as Youngmin understood.

 

            They kept at it while asking some things in the way until tiredness took over the king and they retired. Meanwhile at some southern town, Kwangmin was busy buying supplies trying to act inconspicous as there were lots of Royal Phalanx in the area. He was busy haggling for some herbs when a royal messenger came shouting the news he was waiting for.

 

            Hear ye! Hear ye! The day has come! The passing of the crown is at hand! Prince Youngmin and his new guardians will be coronated in 20 days! All is invited to participate even the arancarrs! Hear ye! Hear ye!  And the messenger galloped off spreading the news to the other part of the town.

            All is invited eh? Hehehehehehe…  Kwangmin laughed evily which made the store seller somewhat wary of him.

 

          The days passed and the preparation was complete, the coronation just a day away. Youngmin couldn’t sleep so he stared at the night sky. His would-be guardians popped by his side. Then he noticed something on a tree near his balcony. A raven with its eyes as red as blood was perched on a branch and it seemed like it was watching him. Gathering his courage he put up his hand as if telling the raven to perch there. The raven tilted its head seeming to question his action but obeyed. The quartet’s focus was now on the crow. It hopped on to Youngmin’s shoulder and nuzzled its beak in his face.

 

            Can’t sleep?  The crow suddenly talked which made the three alarmed ready to fight but Youngmin held them off.

            If I say I can’t, can you help me sleep Kwangmin?  Youngmin asked as the crow jumped and landed on an empty spot as it transformed into a caped human form.

            Depends on what kind of sleep you are talking about. Kwangmin sarcastically remarked.

            I’m talking about a sleep which I can still wake up from.  Youngmin challengingly said as the other laughed.

            That’s easy.  He said as he sat at one of the lounge chairs and opened his arms beconing Youngmin to him. When Youngmin was comfortingly snuggled, Kwangmin magically modified the chair so it rocked. He started humming a lullaby his deep voice comforting Youngmin his scent filling his nostrils.

            Can I see your true face?  Youngmin suddenly asked looking up to Kwangmin his eyes drooping.

            Tommorow, for now sleep.  Kwangmin said as he returned Youngmin’s head to his chest.

            Soon after that Youngmin was fast asleep. Kwangmin magically laid him to bed as he talked to the guardians.

            Take care of my brother for me.  He said to the other three dispelling his body changing spell.

            Of course it’s a given, you don’t need to say it.  Jeongmin proudly said puffing his chest. Kwangmin shook his head in amusement.

            I need to say it because I’m not referring to Youngmin.  Kwangmin said which earned him confused looks from the three.

            I’m referring to Minwoo.  He blankly said.

            Why?  Was all Donghyun could ask.

            I’m returning him to Youngmin as Youngmin needs all the help he can get in the trials ahead.  Kwangmin said as he stared off into space.

            What trials?  Hyunseong asked now curious of Kwangmin’s objective.

            In time guardians, in time. For now that’s all you have to know and if you’re going to ask him where am I, tell Lady Hyori one thing – revemerio.

            Now you three need to sleep too.  Kwangmin said as the three started to become weak not knowing Kwangmin had released a sleeping powder on them. As the last of them fell, Kwangmin comfortingly put them beside Youngmin’s bed complete with covers.

            Sleep tight you four for tommorow is a big challenge.  Kwangmin said as his figure began to become sand.