The Preparations

My Dark Moon

         With Youngmin suspecting there is something wrong, the food came and they ate in total silence which was totally serious with only the clang of spoons and forks could be heard. The king finished eating and looked at the guardians which nodded in understanding and stood up. Youngmin immediately followed, wanting to know what’s the matter, until they arrived at the Moon Shrine. The king looked at Youngmin.

 

            Youngmin, I want you to check the construction at Kaleid Town and tell me its status also bring them with you.  King Yeong said pointing the three would-be guardians.

            Alright father.  Youngmin said as they turned to leave.

            He just wants me out of the way, I wonder what it was.  He thought as he glanced back at the figures that entered the shrine.

 

            They went to the inner chambers of the shrine. Once inside, the shrine maidens erected the soul barrier and they went again to the spirit world with the help of Lady Hyori.

 

              Onew, I want you to go check now at the location for any traces of that magic user that you felt. Check carefully. Do not leave any stone unturned understood?

            Yes my liege.  Onew said bowing.

            You two, I want you to mobilize the royal phalanx to each of the towns. I want at least 4 phalanxes – 1 from each shrine, to be stationed at each town. They will be the head of security for the time being and any disturbance I wanted to be reported directly to you and at the end of each day report to me any significant happenings. Remind them to be vigilant and no detail left out in their reports. After your assignment Onew, join them. Is that understood?

            Yes your highness.  The three guardians said. The king turned to Hyori.

              What is the possibility that what Hyunseong detected earlier is Kwangmin?

            It’s very likely that it’s Kwangmin your highness. I’ve been sensing a large concentration of magics in the area at the south and sometimes in other places as well. It seems he knows he might be detected so he jumps from town to town. And with communications cut off with Lady Victoria since some time ago suggests that something might have happened to them in that world.  Lady Victoria told them.

            I see so I guess the inevitable is happening now. Hurry the preparations at once.  The King said grimly.

 

           All of them bowed and they came back to the real world with the three guardians immediately doing what they are told. Youngmin was already in his horse when he saw Onew fly towards Mt. Beil. Then he heard the royal phalanx assembly horn. Curious he immediately went to see it. He saw Kibum and Minho organizing the troops. He went to Kibum who looked at him questioningly.

 

            Why are you still here?  Kibum asked Youngmin.

            Why is the royal phalanx being mobilized?  He countered with a question of his own.

            We’re just having a drill.  Kibum immediately answered.

            We don’t do drills in the palace.  Youngmin retorted.

            Well now we do.  Kibum said sarcastically getting irritated.

            Can’t you tell me what’s happening?  Youngmin tried to pry information for the last time.

            There’s nothing to tell.  Kibum said and Youngmin angrily turned back.

            Besides you’ll know soon enough… when you become king.  Kibum muttered the last part as he looked at the prince sadly. Minho’s hand in his shoulder brought him out of his musings and continued the deployment.

 

~Kwangmin’s side~

 

           After a few moments of floating, they went down to the forest. Kwangmin immediately picked stones and threw them to the trees which got stuck like glued onto it. Minwoo looked at him questioningly.

 

            I think that they detected my magic when we did that floating. I bet they will send an investigator which can be one of the other guardians particularly Onew. I want to talk to that person though without my real body.  Kwangmin said while Minwoo nodded in understanding.

 

           Then they walked northwestwards until they found a medium sized puddle. Kwangmin stood close to it and began doing something while Minwoo watched in amazement. Soon the water glowed and Kwangmin looked to Minwoo.

 

            Minnie jump in it now faster.  Kwangmin said as Minwoo complied immediately jumping in the puddle, his whole body absorbed.

 

          After Minwoo disappeared Kwangmin immediately followed and after he disappeared the puddle stopped glowing. They were somewhere Minwoo noticed. It was pitch black with only a small light from above but Minwoo can’t picture out anything. Then he heard Kwangmin and then bright blue flames appeared giving light inside the cave. It was like a hollowed out cave with a small hole at the top with no other exit points except the pool of water on both ends of the cave from which they came from.

 

            It’s nice isn’t it? I found it when I was looking for a hiding place from the investigators.  Kwangmin said as Minwoo traveled his eyes inside the cave astonished.

            So you lived here?  Minwoo asked.

            Yup. And this is where I learn my magics.  Kwangmin said as he fished out the book in his bag.

            Cool. Can I learn too?  Minwoo asked cutely in a way he knows Kwangmin couldn’t resist. Kwangmin flicked his forehead.

            Pabo. Even if you don’t ask I’ll teach you. But first we need to know your element. Put your hand here.  He said as he opened the book and pointing to a page with a hand print on it. Minwoo put his hand on the print and then water started leaking then gushed out from the book.

            You’re the water guardian.  Kwangmin said blankly seeing that his partner might become his enemy.

            No I’m not. I’m not planning to join them.  Minwoo said.

            We don’t know yet for sure…  Kwangmin said but then looked as if he was in a daze.

            The investigator’s in there and it is indeed Onew. I’m going to talk to him.  He said to Minwoo as he grasped the necklace and sat next to the water pool.

 

            Onew was following the footprints he saw when he heard someone calling him. He looked left and right and the voice said to talk through the necklace Taemin gave him. He stopped in his tracks and grasped the necklace and began to reply.

 

            Is it you Kwangmin?  He asked in his mind.

            Am I? I don’t know… maybe.  Kwangmin replied in his mind.

            Where are you?  He asked again.

            Why should I tell you? You might hand me to the royal dungeons.  Kwangmin said sarcastically.

            What are you planning to do and what happened to Taemin!?  Onew asked angrily.

            Taemin and the others are alright on our world so don’t worry. As for my plans I might appear sooner or later so be prepared also I wanna ask you to deliver something to the king.  Kwangmin said as he conjured a dagger like item and dropped it in the pool.

            What is it?  Onew asked wary of what that something is.

            Follow our tracks until you see a puddle. You should see something floating in it or if not put your hand in the center of the puddle and get it. I want you to give that item to the king with Lady Hyori preferably in the spirit world. That is all for now Onew. See you soon.

            Kwangmin! Kwangmin! Hey Kwangmin!!  Onew kept screaming at his mind but there’s no more reply. He followed what Kwangmin told him and found the puddle in it he found –

 

 

 

            A bright blue dagger.

 

 


A/N

 

Woot another update ahehehe. I'm not particularly busy nowadays that I might update this another day ahehehe and please can you post the links on your wall I need views T_T comment and subscribe please to spread the Kwangmin's love ahehehehe.