The First Meeting

My Dark Moon

A/N

            I know I'm supposed to update yesterday but something caught up so today there will be two updates just finishing the other one

            Update 1 of 2

 


 

         Kwangmin was scanning frantically for Minwoo. He may be athletic at school but he’s still a little guy compared to the people here. He was even more frantic at the thought that Minwoo might have been crushed under people’s feet or much worst pushed to the front of Youngmin. He was shaking at the thought when he noticed the crowd got quieter. He searched for a higher place and upon seeing a barrel, he immediately jumped into it. What he saw confirmed his fears. Minwoo was on the ground staring at a half kneeling Youngmin on his side. He immediately moved forward to that direction.

 

            Are you okay?  Youngmin asked the little boy whom he saw fighting with the crowd to get out but got pushed instead. Minwoo looked shocked then become horrified upon seeing him puzzling Youngmin and his would-be guardians.

            It’s okay… are you hurt somewhere?  Youngmin was about to touch his shoulders but Minwoo moved backwards still on his and with that horrified face still on. Something clicked on Youngmin’s mind on the little boy’s expression.

            I’m not gonna punish you if that’s what you’re thinking.  He smiled to which the girls swooned but Minwoo didn’t buy it and still had that terrified expression as if Youngmin would eat him alive.

            Minwoo!!!!!  Kwangmin called and the crowd parted for him to pass. Youngmin and Minwoo turned their heads at him as they stood up.

            Are you hurt? Does it hurt somewhere?  Minwoo’s face loosened up as he nodded and shook his head at a fussing Kwangmin who keep checking him for wounds.

            Are you his relative?  Youngmin asked.

            Yep. I’m his older brother but not by blood. I was found by his parents when I was a child and took care of me like their own.  Kwangmin said as took Minwoo’s staff, dusted the bag with the meat and dusting Minwoo’s but too without sparing a glance at Youngmin.

            That staff… are you magic users?  Youngmin asked in curiosity.

            This?  Kwangman held his staff.  It’s just an ordinary staff and sorry for his behavior earlier, we are wandering hunters and it’s his first time seeing royalty as we hardly come out of the forest.  Kwangmin said as he bowed to Youngmin. Youngmin laughed a hearty laugh and waved it off.

            Don’t be. In fact I’m the one who should be sorry. I’m partially to blame as why the crowd was rowdy.  Youngmin said and some of the crowd looked down guiltily.

            If it’s okay with you, I would like to invite you to have lunch with me as an apology.  Youngmin invited and Kwangmin pondered about it when Minwoo’s stomach growled causing many to laugh and him to blush in embarrassment.

            I guess we can take you on that offer though we won’t stay long. We must check the traps we laid before the other hunters get our loot.  Kwangmin bowed and Youngmin led the way.

 

            They went to a restaurant and they were given a room upstairs for themselves. Kwangmin and Minwoo didn’t order anything to which Youngmin raised an eyebrow.

           

            How could I treat you lunch if you don’t order anything?  Youngmin asked. That seemed to snap Kwangmin out of his daze as Minwoo kept looking at him since he can read but not confident in speaking the language yet.

            Well we need two large platefuls of canbas (Valkirian equivalent for perrilla leaves) and another two medium sized plates of chap (Valkirian equivalent for rice) also can we have a griller here with some extra charcoals, a bottle of roise (Valkirian soy sauce), a deep bowl and a large empty plate thanks.  Kwangmin said as Youngmin looked at him quizzically.

 

            Kwangmin dug in his bag and took the meat out. Minwoo did the same but his meat was in greater quantity and Kwangmin smiled at him and ruffled his hair. He fished out two sets of large thin porcelain chopstics. He gave one to Minwoo who gave him a “you can’t be serious” look. He just shrugged and continued to take out powdered herbs and spices. His materials came before Youngmin’s food and he began his cooking quest while Youngmin looked on curiously. He began unpacking the meat which was wrapped in some kind of large leaf and saw it was sliced in thin slices the way he wanted to. He poured a generous amount of roise, sprinkled some herbs and spices to a bowl and soaked the meat there. He went to place the grill on the window and asked Donghyun for help.

 

            Can you light it please?  Kwangmin asked and Donghyun asked how did he know.

            That badge. You’re a guardian candidate a fire guardian to be exact, the others are from the earth and air.  Kwangmin said blankly and Donghyun lit the grill while Youngmin was deep in thought. Kwangmin started grilling and a wonderful aroma started to fill the room. He looked to Hyunseong.

            Can you direct the wind outside so the smoke won’t suffocate us and the smell won’t stick on our clothes?  He asked and Hyunseong immediately did what he said causing Youngmin arouse more suspicions.

 

            Soon the first batch of meat was done and he put it in the empty plate. He took a leaf via chopstick, filled it with two slices of meat, put drops of the sauce and wrapped it.

 

            Say ahhhh!!!  Kwangmin said to Youngmin who eyed the wrap but immediately opened his mouth to receive the wrapped meat. Youngmin’s eyes lit as he tasted the food.

            How is it?  Kwangmin looked on expectantly.

            Delicious! The meat is so tender.  Youngmin exclaimed.

            Well of course! It’s a youngling we caught this morning.  He said as he noticed the look on the would-be guardians faces.

            If you want one just make some wraps yourselves.  Jeongmin was about to make one when Kwangmin hit his hand with a chopstick.

            Later when all the meat is cooked.  He said as Jeongmin pouted and rubbed his hand.

 

            As all the meat was cooked, they started eating. Kwangmin talked about some of his experience in Korea though he changed it a bit and some made up hunting life to which Youngmin listened intently but his suspicions were unsated. Youngmin looked on as they ate on their chopsticks seemingly amazed on how they can eat with those things. It didn’t slip in his notice the attention Kwangmin gave to the younger boy. They would feed each other with wraps they made earning smiles from the other and it kinda made him feel a little jealous at their brotherhood that they share. They finished eating and they rested for a bit. Kwangmin felt the need to go and immediately stood up.

 

            Well look at here it’s already past noon. Time sure flies by and I guess it’s time for us to go. It’s nice meeting you young prince.  He said as Youngmin couldn’t help notice the tone Kwangmin used in saying it. They left the restaurant and Youngmin insisted on seeing them off and followed the duo to the town gates.

 

            I guess we must part ways here. Thank you for the time young prince. Hope to see you again…  in your coronation.  Kwangmin said the last part softly but Youngmin heard it. The two had already walked a distance when…

 

 

 

Wait!!!!  Youngmin called.

 


A/N

            Ahehehehehe a little suspense again wooot