The King’s Decision

My Dark Moon

 

            An hour has passed since the revelation took place. The king thought and thought of what to do and has come to a decision. He called Chancellor Kim.

           

            Summon the four guardians to come here now. Also summon Lady Hyori and tell her that I can’t hear she’ll know what to do.  King Yeong said. Chancellor Kim bowed and immediately sent dispatch for the summons. Thirty minutes later they started to arrive. The first to arrive was Lady Hyori along with her shrine maidens. The second was Onew, the guardian of air. Third was Minho, the guardian of fire. Fourth was Kibum, the guardian of earth. And last was the water guardian Taemin. Onew being leader-like was the first to talk.

            You asked for us your highness?  Onew asked the king.

            Yes. I have something to tell you about. Come sit here.  The king said gesturing to four chairs in front of him. He looked towards Hyori.  You may begin Lady Hyori.

            Yes your highness.  She replied and as she did so the maidens locked the door and windows even closing the curtains and took positions surrounding the room facing the wall. She rang her staff again and the chanting began. Meanwhile outside the room a person was curious as to why the door was locked. He’s thinking what important matter it is that the king needs to lock the door when talking to the guardians and Hyori. He checked the door and sensed something on it.

            A barrier!  Chancellor Kim thought (yes it’s THE Kim Jonghyun). He thought of what possibilities of the matter they are talking about but he was clueless. Back to the room the last part of the chant is being done.

            Se! Sang! Vol! Le! Kar!  Hyori said and white light engulfed the five. They opened their eyes to a same world of different color. The guardians looked uneasy at the sudden change and looked towards the king.

            Its okay we are in the spirit world.  The king explained and the four relaxed.  I asked Lady Hyori to bring us here since this matter must be kept secret to the others. I called you here since I want to give you an order that will affect your life.

            What is it my king?  Onew asked.

            I…  the king looked towards the floor.  I want one of you to take the arancarr prince Kwangmin to the other world and live there.

            Your highness! You don’t mean the-  Lady Hyori asked but was cut off.

            Yes Lady Hyori, the other world or in other words, the human world.  The King said.

            But your highness! Much is not yet known to us in that world! Besides the arancarr can freely go to that world undetected and may get the prince for their own agenda!  Lady Hyori exclaimed worriedly.

            Forgive us your highness but who is this arancarr prince?  The guardian of fire Minho asked.

            The queen gave birth to twins today. The eldest is prince Youngmin the heir to the throne and the youngest prince Kwangmin is the arancarr prince.  The king said blankly.

            How can he be an arancarr your highness?  Kibum asked.

            He had black hair and eyes.  The king said while the four guardians were shocked. That characteristic is common only to the arancarr, the enemy of Valkirians. Then taemin raised his hands.

            I’ll do it your highness.  He said seriously the other three guardians shook once more.

            Are you sure Taemin? You cannot come back here on your own.  The king said.

            I can manage besides, of all the guardians here I’m the most knowledgeable when it comes to that world.  He proudly said.

            How can you say that Taemin?  Onew asked.

            Well… remember the time I was gone for five years? I was there for a year and I made some connections.  Taemin recalled.

            So I guess it will take 80 years before I can see him mature. I wonder if I could last that long.  The king dreamily said while the others looked apologetic.

            Will it be okay with Sulli Taemin? She’s in her last month of pregnancy it might be too hard for her to travel.  The king worriedly said.

            Don’t worry your highness. She’s a tough nut. She can handle it. We can go now too if you want. I’ll bring her first there then I’ll come back for the prince.  Taemin said.

            Then I’ll let the shrine maiden Victoria to accompany you and erect a barrier so the arancarr cannot see it.  Lady Hyori said.

            Then let it be as you said.  The king announced and preparations were done.

           

            True to what he said Lady Sulli was up for the travel and was immediately and secretly gotten on the caravan to the human world escorted by the guardians and the shrine maiden Victoria. They are on their way to the gateway when she suddenly burst to giggles giving everyone goose bumps.

            Hihihihihi.  Taemin looked at her when she giggled like that.

            Why are you giggling like that it gives us goosebumps especially here in the dark forest.  Taemin asked her.

            Nothing I’m just thingking of the possibilities in that world. It will be our new home after all.  Sulli replied.

            I’m sorry I got you into this. I’m the only one to be trusted in this matter after all.  Taemin said smirking seeing the other members reaction. Not that they can’t do it but when experience is talking, what Taemin said is inevitable. Lady Sulli cupped his face.

            Don’t be Taeminie. You how I love adventures and doing this makes me so excited. I hope our baby Minwoo would be adventurous too.  She giggingly said and kissed Taemin.

            You already named him?  He asked her returning the kiss.

            Will you two stop that now?  Key said irritated at the display in front of them.

            You’re just jealous Kibum. You better find your partner soon. How about that chancellor I think he’s your type.  Taemin said teasingingly. Kibum fumed silently pretending to check the surroundings but the truth of it he just doesn’t wany anyone to see his flushed face. They soon arrived at the gateway. It was in a inside a cave at the foot of a mountain south of the castle, the stone inside formed a portal like entrance.

            I guess this is it.  Onew said hugging the youngest of them guardians.

            You better watch after him hard Sulli, we don’t know if he’s cheating on you.  Minho said to Sulli who just chuckled doing the chopping head motion telling that he’s dead if he’s caught.

            I know the king said you must not come back here but visit us sometime okay? I’ll make Onew make a house on a clearing.  Key said tearing up. He was after all what you call motherly in their group.

            Hehe I know I know. But it’s not the last time we’ll see each other. I’ll come back after a few days when I’m sure she’s comfortable. Oh and before I forgot -  Taemin fished something on his pockets. Its necklaces which holds a vial of some liquid. He gave one to each of them while he wore one.

            Always keep it with you. These contain water from the fountain at the shrine so it’s connected to each other. Whenever you want to talk to me hold it like this and speak your mind.  He said holding the vial tightly and saying the last in his mind which all three got and replied in their minds. They seem like fools smiling and grinning at each other when Lady Sulli broke it.

            Can we go along now? My feet hurts from standing too much.  She complained and immediately Taemin snapped out of the trance and led her inside the cave. He turned to look once more at the kingdom.

            Goodbye Valkir, I’ll miss you.  Taemin said before he vanished to the other world.