The Separation and the Queen’s Goodbye

My Dark Moon

          Preparations went underway for the presentation parade for Prince Youngmin. Unbeknownst to many, behind those smiles of the King and Queen was sorrow for the fate of the other prince. That prince, the arancarr Prince Kwangmin, lay in the inner chambers of the Moon shrine in the royal palace sleeping peacefully. There, Lady Hyori watches him sleep as she seeks sign of the negativity of the prophecy in him. But all the sign she needs have been there, taunting her that he is the real deal. She cradled the young prince and look at Lady Victoria beside her.

 

            Isn’t fate cruel? Even though we can foresee what will happen we cannot do anything to change it.  Lady Hyori asked.

            Are you having doubts my lady?  Lady Victoria replied.

            No I’m just feeling sorry for the boy. Because of this trait he had, he will be exiled and that exile will be the cause of his demise.  Lady Hyori exclaimed as she touched the black hair of the prince.

            We don’t know that for sure.  A lady in black said as she appeared from the shadows.

            Don’t fall so easily at those signs. It’s just the beginning. Don’t underestimate fate and its machinations for even I don’t know what the future holds.  She exclaimed.

            So you’ve come, Hyorin?  Lady Hyori exclaimed.

            I’m just here to pay homage to my King my lady.  Hyorin replied doing curtsy as Lady Hyori eyed her as she came close. Seeing there’s no harm to it she gave the prince to Hyorin who gladly took him and cooed at the prince.

            It’s as black as the starless night.  She said in awe of the features of the prince.  So what’s your plan?  She asked Lady Hyori.

            There’s only one thing I could think of.  Lady Hyori replied.

            And that would be?  Hyorin asked raising an eyebrow.

            The seal of memory.  Lady Hyori said with a blank tone. Hyorin seem to agree as she looked towards Lady Victoria.

            So I guess this girl will do the succeeding incantations. Are you up for it?  She asked Lady Victoria.

            I’ll do it in my utmost ability to finish the seal. Lady Victoria replied.

            Very well, what day will you time for it to break?  She asked Lady Hyori and handed her the prince a staff appearing in her hands.

            The day the king first falls from the curse.  Lady Hyori exclaimed.

           75 years after today huh? Very well here I come.  Hyorin exclaimed as she danced chanting, a black smoke like aura starts to engulf her. She stopped dancing and pointed her staff towards the prince, the black smoke approaching him and converged at his forehead, a seal appearing on the spot they converge. As all the smoke disappeared Hyorin started walking back towards the shadows.

          I’ve done my part, you have to do yours. I have to go now they are coming.  She said as she disappeared and the door flew open.

            Lady Hyori, are you okay? I’ve sensed an arancarr nearby.  Onew asked panting with Minho and Kibum. Lady Hyori waved her hands and the door closed.

            It’s okay, I know who it was.  Lady Hyori exclaimed but not much to the comfort of the guardians. Kibum noticed something on the prince’s forehead before it disappeared completely.

            A seal?  He asked Lady Hyori.

            Yes, a seal of memory that only a certain arancarr can do.  Lady Hyori exclaimed. She looked at Onew.

            Do you know when Taemin will come back?  She asked them.

            From what he told us, maybe in five days? But are you sure that it’s okay?  Onew asked doubting.

            I guess you don’t trust me much now but I assure you its okay. The seal of memory is a seal with a memory in it. Once it breaks all the memory inside it will be known to the young prince.  Lady Hyori exclaimed.

            Then isn’t it much more dangerous since the arancarr might put a fake memory?  Minho exclaimed.

            Calm down Minho. I can assure you that only true memories of the chanter can be put in here. Now stand in line, I need your memories. Also keep this a secret from the King and Queen.  She said and they did as they are told and their memories put inside the seal.

           

            Days have passed and it was the day of the parade when Taemin came back from the other world. The parade went smoothly and everybody was resting and joining the celebrations in the taverns and in the royal ballroom inside the palace. In the peak of celebration no one noticed the absence of the King and Queen. The King and Queen together have walked the two princes who unknowingly clutched each other’s hands. The queen noticed this and nudged the king.

 

            Look they are holding hands!  She happily exclaimed.

            You’re right my queen. I hope in the future these hands will rule together.  The King exclaimed as they arrive at where Taemin was waiting. The queen took the arancarr prince and sang a lullaby as it was inside a wicker basket.

 

Sleep tight my baby~

Be still love don’t cry~

Sleep as you’re rocked by the wind~

Sleep and remember my last lullaby~

So I’ll be with you when you dream~

 

Taemin-ah, Oh Taemin!

Ride carefully for me!

Such precious cargo you bear~

Take him somewhere where he could be free

Taemin-ah, protect him there!

 

            The queen finished the lullaby, covered the wicker basket and handed the basket to Taemin with Lady Victoria and galloped away with the other guardians. The Queen can do nothing but cry as she watched her other son being taken away in the night.