Their Separate Lives: Kwangmin

My Dark Moon

A/N

 

            I’ll be using this format for the educational system of Seoul for this fic.

Grades 1-7 elementary

Grades 8-10 middle school

Grades 11-13 high school


 

 

First 3 years

           

            Kwangmin as a baby is a crybaby. He craved attention which Lady Sulli and Lady Victoria provided. They can’t leave him unless he’s asleep lest he cries loudly which like true brothers would affect Minwoo. He has shown great affinity to the elements especially fire which is triggered by his emotions. Windy when he’s happy, the house shaking or something is ignited when he’s angry or crying and a fog when he’s scared. He almost burned his room one time though good thing Taemin doused it fast. One odd thing though that he shared with Minwoo is that they like being in the water and is especially happy when it’s bath time.

 

4–6 years old (Preparatory, Grades 1-2)

 

            He was a fast learner though with a short attention span and was boisterous. He was always punished to stand in the hallway of course with Minwoo in tow. They were a good tag team. They love to play pranks and tease other students though there is a difference between the two. Minwoo was more subtle and silent while Kwangmin was the more mischievous out of the two. He loved to bicker and argue and was always fighting with the resident gossip girl, Park Manshii. Though they’re like that, their grades are top notch and their pranks were seen as friendly teasing by their classmates that they didn’t mind. Still the teachers punish them for it.

 

7–9 years old (Grades 3-5)

 

            The start of young love for the both of them. Also the saying the more you hate the more you love is working for Kwangmin. Although they always fight and argue, Kwangmin and Manshii are always seen together at lunch eating together even sharing their side dishes. She’s considered his first female friend since Kwangmin seemed a bit cold to the other . They became inseparable like stuck with glue and the duo became a trio when Minwoo saw her dancing as he liked dancing himself. Fate is giving to Minwoo as his turn came when he met Lee Jieun. They immediately clicked with each other as their cute personalities overlapped. Jieun clicked with Kwangmin when he knew she liked to sing. Kwangmin liked to rap and they liked going to noraebang(karaoke) after school to unwind. She clicked with Manshii when Manshii discovered her love for cute things and would drag Jieun to go shopping whenever she had her allowance. Soon the trio became a quartet. Minwoo and Jieun love using their aegyo, which Kwangmin and Manshii cannot resist, to get what they want and would not hesitate to do so. Being a frugal person, Manshii likes to shop dragging either Kwangmin or Jieun with her especially at those for couples that rumors abound that they are together.

 

10-12 years old (Grades 6-8)

 

            With superior looks, both Kwangmin and Minwoo immediately became the Kingka of the elementary department. Jieun herself became a queenka with her being against it and though Manshii didn’t become one she became popular as the school’s gossip hub and social connections queen. She knows everybody down to the fourth grade and knows every juicy tidbit including who’s in and who’s out and other major news. With affinity to the water and the more athletic of the two, Minwoo joined the swimming team and was nicknamed the water prince enticing the noonas as he comes out of the water swinging his head side by side. Kwangmin on the other hand joined the student council as elementary representative. His expression cold and emotionless with talking abilities straight to the point earned him the nickname Ice Prince. Jieun became the elementary princess. With the voice and the looks she had joined many competitions as a representative for their school and won it. She was pampered with lots of admirers and only a few haters whom Manshii kept in check. Manshii, as expected of the gossip girl, became a member of the school’s newspaper. Her column, The Manshii News, contains rumors fresh from the source, break-ups and get-ups, school events and even birthdays. It was a big hit and it even had an online forum which she herself moderates that you can share whatever you want to share. Their elementary graduation was a sight to behold. Kwangmin was the valedictorian, the others taking the honorable mention spots. Their graduation stadium was filled with crying lower grade students, the girls crying for Kwangmin and Minwoo while the boys cried for Jieun and Manshii though Jieun’s fans are more than Manshii’s.

 

13-present (Grades 9-11)

 

            Being already popular at the start had made Kwangmin’s and Minwoo’s middle school life somewhat easy though a little bit hectic. Minwoo became the school swimming team captain, though at first he was met with complaints from the seniors. He made them shut up by winning competitions for the school. Kwangmin on the other hand was upgraded and was promoted to vice president of the student council. At the request of Kwangmin, Manshii left the school newspaper to be the Student Council treasurer. Jieun, enticed by Manshii to join the SC, had decided to run for secretary to which she uses for her advantage. She got all the club leaders on her palm and one word from her would make them run to the nearest council room. Feeling left out, Minwoo joined the SC later as a PR officer making the “Jalgeum Quartet” a force to be reckoned with to the school. Life could never be better but as they entered high school, something had bothered Kwangmin though he kept it a secret. Every night he would have flashes of visions or memories he could not understand and as his birthday goes near, the intensity and frequency of the visions intensified becoming clearer and understandable for him. Waking up the night before his birthday from a vision of a woman cuddling two babies calling the other Youngmin and to him Kwangmin, he went to the window and looked at the night sky.

 

            I hope I would know what these visions meant. And who are you Youngmin?  He said looking to the moon while clutching his heart a longing feeling creeping in. He watched the moon by the windows until he felt sleepy again and went back to sleep.


 

A/N

A chapter update for this month don't worry i'll upload the others after the holy week sorry guys but internet shops are costly at my province so see ya next next week then!