Sweet curses

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 10

 

 

“Are you okay?” asked Jimin snapping his fingers in front of her.

 

Jisoo put her head on the table.

 

“Just what happened to you that you have become like this?” 

 

Jimin knows she has always been weird but so far this is the weirdest she has become.

 

She kept pulling her head up just to put it down again on the table.

 

“Did something happen at the restaurant?” asked Jimin lifting her head up. “You argued with him, didn’t you?”

 

Jisoo sighed deeply.

 

“I don’t want to work anymore.. I think I will get some kind of disease if I keep working with him..” she said drinking the coffee in front of her.

 

Jimin chuckled. He was right. Something really happened between them.

 

“Why don’t you take your scarf off anyway? Aren’t you feeling hot? This place’s heater must be in maximum.. it feels like summer here inside.. take it off..”

 

Jisoo held on her scarf tighter. There’s no way she is taking it off.. after what Taehyung did to her.. she can’t show her neck to anyone!

 

“I am cold.. like.. really cold.. is it because I almost froze to death?” she said forcing a smile.

 

“You’re cold? But your cheeks look like red tomatoes now..” said Jimin raising his eyebrows. “Don’t tell me.. are you-..?”

 

Jisoo gulped. Does her face show that she’s hiding.. a...?

 

“Are you still sick? That’s why Inwas telling you to stay another day at home..”

 

Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief. She thought she was going to get busted again!

 

“I’m fine.. it’s just.. a simple cold..” she said smiling.

 

Jimin rose from his seat and put his scarf around her neck.

 

“Wear this too..you are always good in taking care of us but you don’t know how to take care of yourself Manager Kim!”

 

Jisoo really appreciated his thought but.. she might suffocate at this point with two scarves around her neck!

 

“Thanks..” she replied with another fake smile.

 

She looked over her watch and noticed it was almost 5 pm. 

 

“I will ask you to check on my laptop next time.. it’s already late and I don’t think we can make it to the restaurant in time..”

 

Jimin nodded his head.

 

“Okay.. it’s fine to me.. I can just come with you next week..” he said finishing his cup of coffee. “Should we head back to the restaurant now? I also wanted to help our chef to prepare the meat tonight.. he always comes first to the kitchen and does everything in advance.. he’s a nice guy to be honest.. I can’t imagine him being that gangster you always talk about..”

 

Jisoo sighed. 

 

Taehyung is a really good person.. even in the past.. he was a gentleman.. a sweet guy..

 

He used to be like that.. but.. what the heck happened to him now?

 

It took them two months to have their first kiss because he said he wanted to be careful around her but this time.. she thought she was going to lose her lips with all the strength he was kissing her..

He even hel her hands tight and pinned them against the door! 

 

Maybe that gangster Taehyung is even better than the chef Taehyung now..

 

No.. that gangster is better.. certainly!

 

Now.. how is she going to face that wild chef? He even told her in advance he wouldn’t hold himself back anymore..

 

What does he mean by that? Is he going to be on his beast mode always? Oh no.. then she better put a mask or something before his lips end up on hers again!

 

Just the thought if having to meet him again later is making her heart go up and down..

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

“Why is he late?” asked Suga. “He hasn’t been this late ever since he started working here..”

 

Jimin nodded his head.

 

“It’s really strange..” said Joy folding her arms. “Shouldn’t we go upstairs and check on him?”

 

Jimin nodded his head again.

 

“What if he fainted in his room without us knowing?” Suga looked concerned as he stared at the door towards the attic.

 

“Then who should go and check on him?” asked Rosè pouting her lips.

 

“Her..” said Jimin pointing at Jisoo who was at the cashier.

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

“Me? Why should the manager go?” asked Jisoo shrugging her shoulders.

 

It was already 11:30 am and Taehyung hasn’t come down yet.

 

The opening is just an hour away and his presence hasn’t been felt in the restaurant yet.

 

“Is he sick? He was coughing a lot last night..” said Suga.

 

“He looked paler than usual..” said Rosè. “Chef must be really sick..”

 

Jisoo started becoming worried. Is that guy really sick?

 

She doesn’t know if he looked really pale or not because she tried not to bump into him as much as possible last night..

 

She never even entered the kitchen and stayed glued on her position at the cashier.

 

“Chef has already prepared everything for today and tonight’s dishes last night.. he must have stayed up all night..” said Jimin as he glanced at Jisoo. “I think Manager Kim should check on him at least..”

 

“That’s right unnie.. please check on him..” said Rosè coming to her.

 

Jisoo clenched her fists. 

 

Why does being the manager not have any perks at all?

 

“Alright.. I’ll go up and check on him.. all of you should go to work now..”

 

She went upstairs with a heavy heart.

 

Entering his room is like going into the lion’s den!

 

She knocked loudly to let him know about her presence. She never knows if he will show up again..

 

But no one answered.

 

Is he gone perhaps? Did he escape? Did he run away?

 

She knocked continuosly but still, nobody opened.

 

Then she has to open it herself.. 

 

But when she did, she didn’t find him neither on the bed nor anywhere in his room.

 

Did that guy really run away without her knowing?

How could he not even say anything?

 

She was about to go out of the door when she heard his voice coming from the outside.

 

“What a good sight to start my morning..”

 

Jisoo didn’t turn around. He must have come straight from the bathroom.. what if he isn’t wearing anything again like the last time?

 

“Are you.. only wearing a towel?” she asked nervously.

 

She heard him chuckle.

 

“You must be.. hurry up and put some clothes on..”

 

Then she felt his hands hugging her from the back.

 

“If I knew I’d be seeing you here then I would have come out ..” he whispered against her ears.

 

Jisoo felt shivers. Did he have to say it against her ears?

 

Then she saw his arms.. longsleeves! Thank God he’s wearing his clothes!

 

She pulled herself from him quickly and took a good look of his face.

 

“Are you sick?” she asked taking a step back from him.

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“Not anymore.. thanks to you..” he said as he pulled her into his arms again. “I feel better seeing you..”

 

Jisoo pushed his body away from her with force and heard him groan.

 

Was he hurt? She pushed him strongly expecting him to hold her tighter..

 

“Are you sure you aren’t sick?” 

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

“I said I’m fine already.. let’s go downstairs now..”

 

Jisoo grabbed his arm.

 

“You can rest for today if you feel-..”

 

“I’ll just take a good rest tomorrow since it’s Sunday..” said Taehyung holding her hand on his arm. 

 

“It’s up to you..” said Jisoo in a soft voice.

 

Taehyung smiled as he stared at his hand on hers.

 

“I missed holding your hand like this..”

 

Jisoo raised her eyebrows. Hold whose hands? Hers?

 

Then she realized her hand was still on his arm.

 

She pulled her hand away from him before hurrying to go out of his room.

 

“Come down right away..” she said closing the door shut.

 

Taehyung laughed but a cough came out instead.

 

“She’s still cute.. my Jisoo is still cute..” he said to himself as he followed her down.

 

 

————————-

 

 

“Haruto.. can you bring this to Chef?” Jimin handed him a frying pan.

 

Haruto grabbed it and brought it to Taehyung who has just finished chopping some vegetables.

 

“Chef.. here is-..” Haruto let it go right away as soon as he saw Taehyung’s hands holding it but it fell down the floor making a loud noise.

 

“I’m sorry chef..” he said apologizing right away. 

 

Haruto is particularly afraid of Taehyung whom he has only seen for a few times.

 

He feels like he’s cold to him.. specially when Jisoo noona is around him..

 

That’s why he doesn’t want to make any mistake towards him.. 

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“No.. it slipped off of my hands.. it isn’t your fault..” he said trying to pick it up but lost his balance instead.

 

Haruto immediately helped him up.

 

Jimin and Suga also looked very worried.

 

They have noticed him being in pain since lunch hour. Why did he even come to work? 

 

Jimin approached him and put his hand on his forehead.

 

“I think you have a fever..” said Jimin. “Chef.. you should go back to your room now.. we have almost finished all the orders.. I think I can manage the remaining ones with Haruto’s help..”

 

Taehyung pushed Haruto’s hands away from him.

 

“I will help you.. you said it yourself that there are only few dishes to make..” he said stubbornly.

 

Meanwhile, Jisoo who has heard the noise earlier, came inside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter