Warm breath

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 8

 

 

“So.. it was him?”

 

Jimin chuckled as helped Jisoo put the groceries on top of the table.

 

“That gangster you always talk about when you’re drunk and your ex whom you loved a lot.. is our chef?”

 

Jisoo threw a box of tissues on his face.

 

Did he really have to describe Taehyung like that? 

 

Well.. it isn’t like he said something wrong.. 

 

Taehyung was indeed like a gangster before she met him.. and she did love him.. a lot..

 

She sighed as she put the groceries out from the plastic bags.

 

Jimin knowing about this matter will make it more difficult for her than it already is!

 

“I didn’t know you had a thing for bad boys..” said Jimin putting some vegetables inside the fridge.

 

“I told you to stop talking about it..”

 

Jisoo pulled a face as she looked at him.

 

But Jimin was having fun teasing her. 

 

Maybe too much fun.. like really having fun..

 

“I didn’t bring you here into my house after work so you could tease me like this..” said Jisoo pouting. “You said you’d give me your old LPs, didn’t you? Did you bring them with you?”

 

Jimin nodded.

 

Then the two of them heard a laughter outside Jisoo’s kitchen.

 

“What are those three doing?” asked Jimin looking outside.

 

Rosè and Joy seemed to be enjoying their task of choosing a funny movie.

 

Jisoo sighed.

 

“I asked you to come with me to help me with my record player but you dared to invite all of them to my house! What were you thinking? Are we having a pyjama party tonight or what?”

 

“It isn’t my fault that your ex was jealous of me..” said Jimin breaking into another smile.

 

Jisoo’s brows closed in. What does Taehyung have to do with Suga, Rosè and Joy coming to her house?

 

Taehyung  didn’t even spare her a glance when he said he wanted to just sleep..

 

“When you told me to come here and help you tonight.. he was shooting daggers with his eyes..” said Jimin. “How could you say it in front of him? What if he thinks we are doing something again?”

 

Jisoo hit his arms. He groaned in pain.

 

“I’m just telling the truth.. I heard you two talking about it!.. Anyway..that’s why I had to ask everyone to come here and have some drinks while watching a movie.. so stop getting mad at me okay? And I bought all of these groceries, didn’t I?”

 

Jisoo remained silent.

 

Why would Taehyung glare at him like that? He’s such a dirty minded guy..

 

He knows that she and Jimin have been working together for a long time already and are good friends..

 

He has really become one strange man.. he was a lot better before.. certainly!

 

“Jisoo.. but.. I’m really curious about-..”

 

Jimin hasn’t even finished but Jisoo already knew what he was going to ask about.

 

Taehyung! Taehyung again!

 

“Alright.. Taehyung and I broke up during our first year in college because I caught him cheating on me with my friend.. we dated for five months.. I loved him like a fool and I couldn’t move on from him right away.. is there anything else you want to ask me about him?”

 

Jimin suppressed a smile.

 

“I was going to ask you about these eggs in the fridge..” he said scratching the back of his head. “I was wondering why you’d still store them here when they are rotten now.. but.. thanks for all the information anyway..”

 

Jisoo covered her cheeks with her hands. Why did she say that? Jimin will even more.

 

She thought for sure that he was going to ask her about him!

 

“It’s because you have been talking about him ever since we came here and-..”

 

Then they heard the doorbell ring.

 

Who would come here at this time of the night? 

 

“He came..” said Jimin.

 

Jisoo’s brows furrowed. Who came? Did he invite his other friends too? Does he think this is his house? How could he-..?

 

“Your BELOVED EX came..”

 

Jisoo wanted to sew those lips of Jimin! He’s seriously annoying her to the fullest!

 

But.. how did Taehyung find her house? What is he doing here? Why would he come here? He looked like he would never see her again at the restaurant before but he came here?

 

“He asked me for your address..” said Jimin throwing out the eggs into the trashcan. 

 

Then he looked at Jisoo who was staring blankly at the table.

 

“I can see sparks flying everywhere..” he said to himself as he started to prepare their midnight snacks.

 

He went beside her and put some bags of chips in her hands.

 

“Bring them outside..” he said pushing her out.

 

Jisoo looked back at him. 

 

“And you?” 

 

“I’ll bring some drinks in a few minutes..” he replied pushing her out of the door completely.

 

Jisoo found Taehyung sitting beside Suga while they started to watch the movie with Rosè and Joy.

 

“Unnie.. let me help you..” said Rosè rising from her seat to take what she was holding. “Whoa.. I love these chips..”

 

Joy laughed seeing her amazed.

 

“You love everything that can be eaten to be honest..” she said as she put her head on Rosè’s shoulders.

 

Jisoo took the blanket from above the couch before sitting down on the carpet.

 

“Manager Kim.. you should sit here on the couch.. why would the owner of the house sit on the floor?” Suga stood up to give her his seat. “The floor is also cold..”

 

Jisoo stared at the empty seat for a few seconds before refusing Suga.

 

“Don’t worry about me.. the carpet is quite comfortable and I’ll just put the blanket on my legs so I won’t be cold..”

 

Then her eyes met Taehyung’s..

 

She won’t ever sit beside him! Who knows what strange thoughts he has in his mind again?

 

Taehyung cleared his throat as he tried to focus himself on watching the movie again.

 

But this movie is just making him sleepy.. who the heck chose this?

 

He has no idea why he even came here.. no idea what he’s doing right now.. and.. really clueless on what made him come here..

 

Or maybe.. he has.. but he’s trying hard not to come up with that conclusion..

 

She closed his eyes shut to shake those useless thoughts off of his mind..

 

A few minutes later,  Jimin came out from the kitchen with some beers.

 

“Our sous chef is really the best!” said Rosè giving him two thumbs up.

 

Jimin placed the beers on the table before sitting beside Jisoo.

 

“Don’t drink too much or else we won’t be able to open the restaurant tomorrow morning..” said Jisoo as she took one.

 

Jimin also took one and whispered something in Jisoo’s ears..

 

“That’s right.. Manager Kim.. you shouldn’t drink too much before you talk about-..”

 

Jisoo nudged his stomach with her elbow.

 

“That’s enough already..” she said gritting her teeth.

 

Jimin chuckled. 

 

He just learned Jisoo’s biggest weakness and he’s enjoying this!

 

 

———————

 

 

They haven’t even reached the middle part of the movie but all the beers on the table have been emptied out already.

 

“I can’t believe all of you.. where did all the beer go?” Jisoo was amused at her colleagues. “Do you still want more? Should I go get some?”

 

They were just looking at each other without giving an answer.

 

“Alright.. I’ll go to the kitchen.. I know you are all dying to have some more..” said Jisoo standing up.

 

“Do you need help?” asked Jimin.

 

“Well.. maybe.. another pair of hands will be useful..” said Jisoo expecting him to come with her.

 

But no.. Jimin did it again.. he’s such a headache..

 

“Chef!” he called Taehyung. “Could you help Manager Kim bring us more beers?”

 

Taehyung looked at Jisoo first.

 

He didn’t want to go with her to the kitchen but seeing that irritated look on her face, he was encouraged to accompany her..

 

“Okay.. I also wanted to ask her for some water..” said Taehyung quickly standing up.

 

Jisoo kept on sighing while they headed towards the kitchen.

 

This is going to be a long night for her.. both of these guys must want her dead! They won’t leave her alone!

 

She opened the fridge and found the beers that were left on the highest shelf.

 

How was that small guy even able to put them there? She’s sure pretty sure he would barely reach that..

 

She rose on her tiptoes to reach them but then she felt Taehyung standing behind her and taking them down one by one before placing them on the kitchen counter.

 

“Thank you..” said Jisoo almost whispering as she moved away from him.

 

“That’s nothing..” said Taehyung as he put some beers in his hands. “I just.. wanted to be helpful.. specially.. to someone who has shorter legs than mine..”

 

Did she hear him right? She just.. got dissed.. didn’t she?

 

“W-what?”

 

Jisoo took a deep breath. Short legs? So he wants to make fun of her now? What a mean jerk!

 

“I don’t want to argue with you so I’ll let it slide..” she said grabbing some beers. 

 

Then she looked down on her legs. Are they really that short?

 

He used to tell her that her height was fine.. that she looked cute.. what’s wrong with having short legs? It isn’t even her fault!

 

She was still sulking when Taehyung suddenly took the beers away from her hands and put all of them in his arms.

 

“I can also-..” 

 

Jisoo wanted to take some but then Taehyung looked at her with an ardent gaze and said..

 

“Just sit on the couch and I’ll sit on the floor.. you used to have cramps everytime we sat on the floor while studying together..”

 

Jisoo tried to hold his stare but failed..

 

How can he remember that? That’s true.. even now.. she does get cramps most of the times when sitting down on the floor..

 

“And about Jimin..” Taehyung sighed. “I didn’t know he was inside there when I brought you to the comfort room.. I didn’t want him to know.. I’m sorry..”

 

Jisoo bit her lower lip. Why is this guy suddenly acting so nice with him now? And.. he’s even apologizing?

 

Jisoo cleared .

 

“Well.. Jimin doesn’t really care about it.. it’s fine..” 

 

Taehyung’s eyes changed all of a sudden.

 

What does she mean by Jimin not caring about it? That he.. doesn’t mind him being her ex? 

 

Because he’s already in the past? Jimin must be a really cool guy then!

 

Good for her to have an understanding.. FRIEND!

 

Taehyung left the kitchen hurriedly with the beers in his arms and sat beside Jimin.

 

Jisoo was baffled. Taehyung’s moodswings are far worse than a woman’s!

 

She sat on the couch beside Suga as she exchanged death stares with him..

 

It took them another round of drinking before all of them finally gave up and fell asleep eventually..

 

Taehyung woke up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty.

 

He doesn’t even remember the last time he drank like this with his colleagues and friends.

 

Was it 3 years ago? Or maybe during the first year he worked as a chef?

 

He stretched his back until it made a noise. 

 

He slept in a wrong position.. he felt like his back would break..

 

He looked beside him and found Jimin sleeping comfortably with a blanket on him. No wonder he was cold.. this guy completely took it away from him.

 

Wait.. did all of them sleep here in the living room? 

 

Only then he remembered letting Jisoo sit beside Suga.

 

He looked around him and noticed two people hugging each other while sleeping.. 

 

No.. it can’t be.. that shouldn’t be Jisoo and Suga, right?

 

He looked at them closer and thankfully.. they were Rosè and Joy,.

 

But beside them.. Suga! His whole body was leaning on Jisoo completely and his hands..

 

Taehyung wanted to cut his hands off!

 

They were on top of Jisoo’s legs! 

 

He immediately moved Suga’s hands from Jisoo and pushed him to the other side..

 

Why d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter