Just like before

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 12

 

 

 

Taehyung stopped by the door when he heard Ms. Park talking to his dad.

 

“Did you see how worried your son was? Didn’t I tell you he loves you too?” 

 

His dad smiled. 

 

He hasn’t recovered very well yet. He is awake and can keep his eyes open but he is only able to say a few words.

 

He will need more rest to regain his strength and he must stay in the hospital until then.

 

Taehyung was given the whole week off by Jisoo. She wants him to spend quality time with his dad.

 

“Taehyung looks happy..”

 

He heard Ms. Park say.

 

“He has that same joyful look in his face as he had around that time he was dating someone.. I think.. he is in love with the woman he brought with him the other time.. what do you think?”

 

Taehyung smiled. His face must show what his true feelings are.. 

 

It’s only Jisoo who can make his face brighten with joy.. it was like that ten years ago.. and it’s the same as now..

 

“They look compatible.. I hope that girl named Jisoo  realizes her feelings for him too.. I could see in her that she also likes your son.. she cares for him.. and I know she is who Taehyung needs in his life..”

 

Taehyung knocked on the door after eavesdropping for quite a long time.

 

Ms. Park rose from her seat and greeted him warmly.

 

“You came early today..” she said holding his arm.

 

Taehyung nodded his head at her before looking at his dad who was also looking at him with a smile on his face.

 

“I’m going back to work tomorrow so I came here early to spend more time with him..” he said as he sat down on a chair beside his dad’s bed.

 

“Taeil oppa.. you heard that? He said he came here early just to spend more time with you..” said Ms. Park going beside him. “Aren’t you proud of him?”

 

Taeil nodded his head while smiling.

 

“Taehyung, I will go outside so you two can have your time alone..” said Ms. Park but Taehyung grabbed her arm.

 

“You can stay here with us..” he said bashful.

 

It’s the first time he ever held Ms. Park. He always avoided her. He never wanted to bump into her in their house before. 

 

Ms. Park smiled as she held his hand and squeezed it.

 

“Alright.. I also wanted to hear your voice.. your stepmom has also missed you a lot..” she said looking at him. 

 

Taehyung saw his father’s face. Even without saying anything, he could feel that he’s happy deep inside him. 

 

And it made him happy as well.

 

“Don’t worry dad.. I will visit you whenever I can.. and when you get discharged from the hospital, you should also visit me to the restaurant so I can cook for you.. and.. I also wanted to introduce someone to you..”

 

Ms. Park raised her eyebrows. 

 

“Someone? A woman perhaps?” she asked smiling.

 

Taehyung became bashful.

 

“Yes.. the woman I couldn’t introduce to the two of you ten years ago.. I will introduce you to her soon..”

 

“What? Don’t tell me.. you are still in love with the same woman after all this time?” Ms. Park sounded surprised. “What a great man you are..”

 

She patted his shoulders lightly.

 

“Is it perhaps Jisoo?” 

 

Taehyung nodded his head shyly.

 

“Omo.. I knew it.. you two looked very close.. and you seemed very happy with her..” she said as she held Taehyung and Taeil’s hands. “Oppa.. your son has grown into one fine man..”

 

“So are you two dating again?” 

 

Taehyung bit his lower lip.

 

“Not yet.. I have only started to court her again.. but I’m sure we will.. I’m sure she’ll be mine again..” 

 

Taeil smiled wide. 

 

“That’s my son..” he said in a very soft voice.

 

Ms. Park nodded her head.

 

“He surely is..” she said totally agreeing. 

 

Then she took a an apple from the basket of fruits beside the table.

 

“Shall I peel one for you? You must be hungry..” 

 

Taehyung nodded.

 

“Yes..” he answered as he lowered his gaze. “Please peel one for me.. mom..”

 

Ms. Park’s eyes started watering.

 

Taehyung considered her for the first time today.. and even called her..

 

 “Mom..”

 

The most beautiful word that exists..

 

“Of course.. I can do that for my.. son..” she said as she cried tears of joy.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

Jisoo was humming to a song as she entered Ciao Bella.

 

She stopped after seeing everyone staring at her like they had seen a ghost.

 

“W-why?” she asked puzzled.

 

Rosè and Joy came towards her with their eyeballs almost popping out of their heads.

 

 

 

“Unnie.. is this really you?” 

 

“What happened?”

 

“Why do you look so pretty?”

 

“Like.. really beautiful?”

 

“Are you dating someone?”

 

“You’re totally glowing..”

 

“Curly hair suits you better unnie..”

 

 

 

While the two women were showering her praises, the two men in the kitchen were also stunned by Jisoo.

 

“Why does our Manager Kim look different today?” asked Suga smiling while staring at her through the door.

 

Jimin snapped his fingers at him.

 

“Stop drooling over her..”

 

Suga rolled his eyes at him.

 

“You’re being overprotective of her.. did she dress up today just for you?” he said nudging him with his elbow. “She must have.. you two are really-..”

 

“How many times am I going to tell you that we aren’t like that?” Jimin thinned his eyes. 

 

Suga nodded a few times.

 

“I will only believe you if you start dating someone else..” he said going back to his position.

 

Jimin smiled onesidedly.

 

“Just wait a little more..” he whispered to himself.

 

Then he saw Taehyung coming inside the restaurant with a paper bag in his hand.

 

Jimin didn’t know he’d come back that day.

 

Wait.. did Jisoo.. perhaps.. dress up and make herself pretty because of him?

 

He smiled to himself. Jisoo is making herself more obvious everyday.. she’s always saying she doesn’t like him anymore but.. her actions are saying otherwise..

 

“She’s really cute..” he whispered to himself as he continued preparing the food.

 

 

Taehyung came inside the kitchen just some moments later.

 

“Welcome back chef.. how is your dad doing?” asked Suga.

 

Taehyung smiled as he bowed his head to greet them.

 

“Thank you.. he’s doing much better now..” he replied.

 

Then he took his phone out of his pocket and seemed to have read a message.

 

“Ahh.. can I first go to the storage room and get some ingredients?” he said as he scratched the back of his head.

 

Jimin and Suga nodded their heads.

 

Taehyung hurried to go to the basement.

 

Suga turned to Jimin.

 

“Is there any ingredient we need from there? Didn’t we get them already?”

 

Jimin was also clueless. It’s true they have taken them already.

 

Then he saw Jisoo walking past the kitchen to go down as well.

 

And he understood what was happening..

 

“I guess.. we’re really missing a few.. maybe some sweetness to add in this kitchen?”

 

Suga raised both his eyebrows.

 

 

 

————————

 

 

 

Jisoo cleared as she went inside the storage room.

 

Why did Taehyung ask her to come here? He isn’t planning to do something weird again, is he?

 

As soon as he came to the restaurant, he whispered to her ears to come downstairs and see him for a moment there.

 

And she sent him a message agreeing to see him only for five minutes since she was busy exchanging mails with the main branch.

 

Taehyung pulled her quickly to him as soon as he saw her inside.

 

“W-what are you doing?” asked Jisoo pulling herself away as much as possible from him.

 

What did she even expect from him? She was hoping he’d talk normally with her but he is hugging her already like this..

 

“What do you need to tell me?” asked Jisoo looking sideways while he was wrapping an arm around her waist.

 

“Why do you look particularly pretty today?” he asked scanning her face.

 

Jisoo’s cheeks blushed.

 

“I.. I’m.. pretty everyday though..” she said pursing her lips.

 

Taehyung chuckled.

 

“I know.. but you are even prettier today.. you put some make up.. some lipgloss.. and even curled your hair..” he said lowering his gaze from her eyes to his nose down to her lips.

 

“I talked with my dad for a long time yesterday.. I told him about college.. about work.. and about you..”

 

Jisoo blinked a few times. Why did he have to tell him about her? 

 

Then she felt his hand slowly her hair.

 

“I told him I’d introduce you to him and to my stepmom..”

 

Jisoo’s eyes turned to him.

 

“You made up with.. your stepmom?”

 

Taehyung nodded his head.

 

“You did well..” she said smiling wide. 

 

“Thank you..” 

 

Taehyung stared at her more.

 

“Why.. do you need to thank me?” asked Jisoo holding his stare.

 

“I’m grateful to you.. always.. you keep making me realize things I never even thought of before..”

 

Jisoo tried hard not to smile. Well.. she didn’t really do anything for him to be this thankful..

 

“I forgot to tell you something the whole week..” said Taehyung brushing his thumb on her eyebrow.

 

Jisoo gulped. 

 

“W-what?”

 

“That I love you..” he said before kissing her quickly on her lips.

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened as she remained frozen.

 

He.. just kissed her again..

 

Whenever she puts her guard down a little.. he grabs the opportunity and attack her all of a sudden..

 

“Some lipglosses can damage your lips.. so I had to taste them myself.. I was just worried about you..” he said letting her go. “This one seems fine.. you ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter