Sad tears

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 13

 

 

 

“Chef?” 

 

Haruto has been calling Taehyung for a few times already.

 

He needs to ask him about the menu but chef has been staring blankly while looking pissed off.

 

Why does he look so mad everytime he needs to ask or tell him something?

 

He took a deep breath before trying to catch his attention again.

 

“Chef..” he said louder while poking his arm.

 

Taehyung got startled.

 

“Why are you shouting at me?” he asked in a serious tone that made Haruto back off.

 

“Chef.. I’m sorry.. I just wanted to ask about the menu..” said Haruto lowering his gaze.

 

Taehyung put a hand on his forehead. 

This is killing him.. he can’t stand it anymore..

 

It has been three long days..

 

Why.. why is Jisoo acting like this again towards him? She’s literally ignoring him.. no.. maybe..it’s worse this time.. 

 

Before.. she would just be flustered whenever she bumped into him but now.. it feels like she isn’t even considering his existence..

 

He doesn’t remember doing anything wrong to her.. or perhaps.. did he say something that offended her?

 

Should he confront her like the other time? Should he wait until everyone is gone home and talk to her?

 

That’s right.. he’ll do that.. 

 

It’s the only way for them to talk face to face.. he’ll try to calm himself down and as much as possible, talk to her in a nice way.. just like a gentleman..

 

That’s right.. he’ll be gentle to her.. he also needs to win more points so she can like him back as soon as possible..

 

He cleaned the kitchen right away after making the last order surprising Jimin, Suga and Haruto.

 

 

“Are you in a hurry, chef?” asked Suga. 

 

Taehyung became embarrassed.

Was he that obvious?

 

“I.. I just thought we should finish quickly tonight and rest early.. don’t you think so?” he said awkwardly.

 

Jimin smiled as he took the mop with him and went out of the kitchen.

 

“Chef.. do you want to drink with me and Jimin at a bar nearby?” asked Suga. “I asked Haruto but he has exams tomorrow..”

 

Haruto nodded shyly.

 

“My finals are coming up.. I need to pass or else my mom will get worried..”

 

Suga patted his back.

 

“What a good son..” he said smiling. “After your exams, I’ll make sure we throw a party for you..”

 

Haruto bowed his head.

 

“I’m looking forward to that..”

 

Jimin came back inside the kitchen a few minutes later.

 

“Let’s go now..” he said calling Suga. “I have finished already..”

 

“Okay..” said Suga quickly putting on his coat.

 

“I shall go first then..” said Haruto bowing before going away.

 

Suga turned to Taehyung again.

 

“Are you sure you aren’t coming with us? You will be the only not drinking tonight chef..” 

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“Thanks for inviting me but I feel a little tired today..” he said wanting them to go as soon as possible so he can talk with Jisoo right away.

 

“Then.. we will turn the lights off chef.. and we’re going to lock the door as well..” said Suga as he pulled Jimin out of the kitchen.

 

Taehyung stopped them.

 

“Wait.. isn’t Jisoo supposed to do the closing?” 

 

Jimin scratched the back of his head not knowing how to tell him that..

 

“She went to the club with Joy and Rosè..” said Suga.

 

Jimin gulped. How could Suga just blurt that out?

 

It wasn’t him who said it.. he must not be punished for it..

 

“W-what? Where.. where did you say she went?” asked Taehyung in a stern voice.

 

“Manager Kim has been clubbing for three nights straight.. we went together last night..” Suga continued. “I wanted to come with them tonight but.. they said it was a girls’ night tonight so.. Jimin and I decided to-..”

 

“Take me with you..” said Taehyung clenching his fists.

 

“You changed your mind chef? That’s great.. let’s go to the bar now..” said Suga.

 

Jimin was staying still. Suga must be the most oblivious person in the whole world.

 

“No.. take me to the club where those girls are.. I badly want to go clubbing right now..” said Taehyung taking off his apron.

 

“But Manager Kim will get mad if she sees us there.. she will say that we are spying on them..” 

 

Taehyung threw his apron over the counter.

 

“I’ll make sure she doesn’t get mad so.. just take me there immediately..” he replied gritting his teeth.

 

Suga nodded.

 

“Alright chef.. I also wanted to go there.. it’s one of the hottest clubs right now.. there are many pretty girls and-..”

 

Jimin covered his mouth.

 

“We will wait for you outside chef..” said Jimin bringing Suga outside the kitchen.

 

Suga pushed his hands away from him.

 

“What’s happening with you? Why are you trying to prevent me from talking?”

 

Jimin sighed.

 

“I shouldn’t have brought you with us last night.. Jisoo will get mad.. and who knows what chef might do-..”

 

“What do you think he will do? It’s good we are going with him, I also wanted to ask him about that beautiful lady he was talking with the other time..” said Suga smiling. 

 

Jimin shook his head.

 

“I have a bad feeling about this..” said Jimin to himself.

 

Although he doesn’t understand why Jisoo is doing things she isn’t used to.. he believes it has something to do with that woman..

 

Just who is she to make Jisoo this worked up and jealous?

 

That’s right.. Jisoo is really showing signs of jealousy.. she has been avoiding chef ever since that mysterious woman appeared..

 

He can’t even ask her because she’s too cranky these days..

 

And there’s no way he can ask Taehyung.. he doesn’t want to be beaten up.

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

Taehyung’s eyes were scanning every little corner of the club.

 

It has been a while since he last went to one.. probably ten years ago before meeting Jisoo..

 

He used to drink and hook up with women here a lot..

 

That’s what club is all about..

 

You come here for fun.. to let your stress go away..

 

And he could see it’s still like that even now..

 

People drinking.. dancing.. touching each other.. kissing.. making out..

 

This place is full of those kinds of people..

 

What he wants to know is.. why would Jisoo come here? 

 

If she wanted to drink, she could have bought some beers and drank at her house.. or maybe with Rosè and Joy..

 

But.. why club of all places?

 

She isn’t even the type to come here.. she said it herself ten years ago that she didn’t like this kind of place.. 

 

So.. she has been avoiding him for three days already and at the same time.. coming here for three nights?

 

Did she.. meet some punk here?

 

He wanted to punch the wall just thinking of her meeting a man here..

 

He was walking through the crowd followed by Jimin and Suga when he saw Jisoo in the middle of the club holding a glass of beer while dancing in between two men.

 

Not one.. but two..

 

His vision turned red immediately as anger and jealousy hit him.

 

He went towards them hurriedly.

 

“Get lost..” he said as he glared at the two men.

 

Jisoo got startled to see him. He appeared out of nowhere.. 

 

How did he find her there? How did he know?

 

Then she saw Jimin and Suga behind him.

 

Those two guys.. did they really have to tell him?

 

She came here to distract herself from thinking about Taehyung and Jennie..

 

She doesn’t want to make a fool out of herself anymore.. she can’t be having any little feeling for someone who likes someone else..

 

It happened before.. and it can’t happen again..

 

Once is enough..

 

“I said get lost..” Taehyung repeated himself as he clenched his fists.

 

“Jisoo.. Chef.. why don’t we-..?” Jimin wanted to tell them to sit down in one table and talk calmly.

 

But Taehyung suddenly pulled Jisoo to him making the beer she was holding spill on one man’s shirt.

 

“What a sh**ty night.. just..who are you?” said the man getting furious at Taehyung.

 

Jisoo pulled herself from Taehyung but he only pulled her closer to him.

 

“Stay still..” he said gritting his teeth.

 

Jisoo gulped.

 

Oh no.. he looks like he’s about to kill someone right now.. that’s the same gaze he had whenever he fought with Mino before..

 

“Come out with me..” said Taehyung to her as he walked away from there.

 

But the other man whom Jisoo was dancing with grabbed her other hand making her stop.

 

“Let go of her or I’ll break your arm..” said Taehyung shooting fire with his eyes.

 

The two men grinned.

 

“Who is this gangster trying to steal our woman away? We met her first.. this is our third night already.. go and find some other woman and-..”

 

Taehyung let go of Jisoo’s hand and grabbed the man by his collar.

 

“She isn’t your woman.. so keep your hands off of her while I’m still being nice..” 

 

Suga nudged Jimin’s elbow.

 

“Does chef.. have something going on with.. Manager Kim?” he asked whispering. “Then.. how about you with-..?”

 

Jimin intervened and tried to calm Taehyung down.

 

“Chef.. people are looking.. please let go of him..” he said separating the two of them.

 

Thankfully, Taehyung seemed to have cooled off..

 

But those two men wouldn’t..

 

Maybe because they didn’t know they were facing a real gangster..

 

They would flip out if they knew..

 

“You need to queue up if you also want her.. you can’t hit a homerun in one go!”

 

Taehyung lost his reasoning and landed a punch on his face.

 

Jisoo was startled and pulled him away immediately.

 

“W-what are you doing Taehyung? Why are you-..?” she asked as she held his arms tight.

 

But Taehyung was still furious as he looked at the man lying on the floor.

 

“Say another word or I’ll make sure to break every bone of yours..” he said coming towards him but Jisoo pulled him away with all her might.

 

Jimin turned to Jisoo.

 

“Take him out of here..” he said before helping the man on the floor.

 

Jisoo did as she was told without saying anything.

 

Meanwhile, Rosè and Joy who have heard the commotion and recognized the people involved, came to them.

 

“What is happening here?” asked Rosè confused. “Were you fighting?”

 

Jimin shook his head as he pulled the man up.

 

“Wait.. do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter