Few bottles

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

 

The sun seemed particularly brighter while Jisoo was walking to the restaurant with the purple umbrella in her hand.

 

It saved her.. 

 

That umbrella saved her from being drenched in the rain last night.

 

And most specially, it saved her branded bag from being ruined.

 

Taehyung must care for her even for a little.. or maybe not just a little?

 

He wouldn’t have bought an umbrella with the same color if he hadn’t cared for her.. 

 

She’s pretty sure he was reminded by her when he bought it..

 

And how did he have the right timing to lend it to her last night?

 

Was he watching over her? He must be..

 

That guy must still have something for her.. well.. all of her exes said they couldn’t live without her.. then Taehyung must also feel the same way, right?

 

She entered the restaurant with a smile on her face.

 

“Good morning Manager Kim..” said Jimin greeting her.

 

Jisoo waved at him as her eyes wandered around the restaurant.

 

Rosè and Joy were busy cleaning up.. Jimin was opening the windows.. Suga was writing something on the menu board..

 

Where is he? Why can’t she see him?

 

She peeked inside the kitchen and found him busily preparing some food.

 

When did Taehyung become a hardworker?

 

Then Jimin approached Jisoo and looked at her face closer.

 

“Did you drink last night?” he asked lifting her chin. 

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

“I didn’t..” she shook her head.

 

Jimin’s eyes thinned.

 

“Then why do you seem in a good mood? You are usually like this once you have had a few drinks..”

 

Jisoo pushed his hand away from her.

 

“I just.. slept well.. what do you think of me? Do I always drink? I would have asked all of you to drink if I had wanted..” she said walking past him.

 

Jimin continued following her until they reached the cashier.

 

“Did you get home safely last night? It was raining pretty hard..” said Jimin. 

 

Jisoo nodded her head as she quickly glanced at Taehyung inside the kitchen.

 

“Well.. I almost got drenched in the rain but.. I didn’t.. in the end..”

 

Jimin’s brows closed in. Jisoo isn’t making sense already at this time. Is she not sober yet or is she just being weird because someone?

 

“Alright.. I should head back to the kitchen to help our chef..” he said leaving her.

 

Jisoo removed her coat and scarf and put them under the counter.

 

She put her apron on and tied her hair while looking at Taehyung from the outside.

 

How is she supposed to give him back this umbrella now?

 

It feels awkward all of a sudden.. should she head inside and thank him?

 

Or should she just leave it inside his room upstairs and say nothing?

 

She was scratching her temple when she saw Taehyung coming out of the kitchen.

 

Now! She needs to give it now or else she might lose the timing later..

 

“Here..” said Jisoo handing him the umbrella. “I used it well.. thank you..”

 

Taehyung closed his eyes tight before looking at her directly.

 

“You can have that..”

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“There’s no need.. I have brought mine with me today and-..” she replied softly.

 

But Taehyung seemed to be in a very bad mood.

 

He sighed.

 

“Take it or just throw it away..” he said coldly as he pushed her hand away.

 

Jisoo was taken aback. 

 

She was sure to have talked to him calmly and softly..

 

But.. did he just.. get mad at him? What the heck is wrong with his mind? Is he crazy?

 

How could he act like that when she was being so nice to him?

 

Take it or what? Just throw it away?

 

Then she’ll just throw it away! He said so! There’s no turning back now!

 

She immediately put the umbrella inside the trashbin as she glared at him who was going to the storage room in the basement.

 

Taehyung leaned his back on the wall before going inside.

 

He’s being too moody ever since he came to work there.

 

He was worried about her getting a cold last night had she gone away without an umbrella..

 

She used to easily catch colds before.. she’d have a runny nose and get sick for a few days..

 

Why did he even have to see her at the door when he was going to grab something to drink from the fridge?

 

He should have just pretended not to have even noticed her..

 

Who cares now if she gets wet in the rain? Who cares if she gets sick?

 

It isn’t like they are still lovers or friends.. they are just.. colleagues.. 

 

That’s right.. she is his colleague..

 

He must have felt bad for the restaurant.. it would be hard without a manager..

 

That’s the only reason he ran after her and gave her that umbrella..

 

He had bought that last week because he was also stuck in the rain. It was the only color left.. he had no choice..

 

Now what would she think of him that he gave her the same color?

 

She wouldn’t be overthinking, would  she?

 

But she looked quite glad when he gave it to her last night..

 

And even this morning when she stepped inside the restaurant.. she was smiling brightly that he himself almost forgot all the grudges he held inside him..

 

Jisoo has become more beautiful throughout the years. Her fairy like facial features and her goddess aura are still the same.

 

He has to admit that.. 

 

That must be why Jimin is so into her..

 

He can’t take his eyes off of her.. he even followed her and touched her chin carelessly..

 

Are they really just friends or what? Or are they dating secretly?

 

He became so annoyed by her that his mood drastically changed from good to bad..

 

No.. it must be because of that umbrella.. it must be its fault that he has turned into one irritated man now..

 

Jisoo should just throw it away.. that’s right.. she must throw it away..

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

The entire day passed without the two of them looking at each other.

 

Jisoo is mad and Taehyung is just as mad as her.

 

No one has noticed it because they rarely talk to each other.

 

It was 9 in the evening and their restaurant was full and there were lots of people even qeueing up outside just to grab a table.

 

The news must have spread that the chef has been changed and everyone wants to try their food right now.

 

Jisoo was busy taking some phone calls while also answering some emails and checking the customers’ bills when Rosè came to her with a worried look on her face.

 

“I will call you back in ten minutes Sir.. thank you..” said Jisoo hanging up on the call.

 

She stood up from her seat.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong?” asked Jisoo concerned.

 

Rosè nodded her head.

 

“Unnie.. there is a customer who wants to talk with the manager..”

 

Jisoo’s brows narrowed.

 

“You mean.. with me? Who?” 

 

Rosè brought her to the said customer.

 

“Are you the manager here, Miss?” 

 

Jisoo gritted her teeth. 

 

She could already sense a fight coming up. This rude customer must want some trouble with her.

 

Still, she smiled as she nodded her head.

 

“I ordered a tuna fillet because everyone was saying it was delicious.. but why does it taste different from what I have heard?” asked the customer.

 

Jisoo took a calming breath. 

 

She can’t get mad at the customer. She can’t.. she must not..

 

“Is there any problem with your tuna fillet, Sir? Shall I ask the chef to make another one for you?” asked Jisoo politely.

 

This is how it usually goes.. she’ll ask what’s wrong and the dish will be cooked again without a single problem.

 

“I’m saying I don’t like this tuna fillet and that’s the problem.. why does it taste different now? You must have not cooked it properly!” the customer rose from his seat as he pointed fingers at Jisoo.

 

“I’m sorry Sir.. I can bring you another dish if you would like but please refrain from shouting because we have other customers inside the restaurant..”

 

The man grabbed Jisoo’s wrist.

 

“Bring me the chef right now.. I want to talk to him and ask him why he gave this garbage..” the customer said pushing her away.

 

Jisoo stumbled and almost fell out of balance but her back was caught by someone.

 

“Thank you for-..” she said automatically but then stopped when she looked behind her.

 

That person holding her back was none other than the chef himself, Taehyung.

 

He heard the commotion going on outside the kitchen and asked Rosè what happened.

 

He was listening to every word the customer was saying and when he saw he had grabbed Jisoo’s wrist, he immediately stepped up.

 

Jisoo stood up by herself right away. Why did he have to go out of the kitchen when no one asked him to?

 

What is he doing here? Does he want to fight back?

 

“I heard you were asking for the chef..” said Taehyung in a low voice.

 

The customer was flustered seeing a young chef.

 

“Did the chef change? It wasn’t him last time..” he said putting his hands on his waist.

 

Jisoo bowed her head.

 

“We have just changed our chef Sir..” she said without looking at him.

 

“Then that must be why the dish tastes different now.. this is awful.. how could a young person like this prepare my food? No wonder it tasted this bad.. the chef also needs experience.. what do you take your customers for? You expect us to pay 70 dollars for one dish like this?”

 

Jisoo heard Taehyung’s fists making a sound.

 

He isn’t planning to punch their customer in his face, is he?

He shouldn’t lose his temper right now..

 

Jisoo stepped forward.

 

“I’m sorry Sir.. we will make sure to improve this dish.. we will give you a voucher worth of 200 dollars valid for a year.. I hope that can-..”

 

But Taehyung held her arm and pushed her behind him.

 

“No.. we aren’t giving you anything Sir..” he said grinning.

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened. Taehyung is making it harder for her.

 

“What are you saying, Chef?” she asked trying to fake a smile. “You meant you wanted to treat him this meal and-..”

 

Taehyung looked at her intensely that it made her stop.

 

Jisoo gulped.

 

He used to have the same gaze before whenever he was fighting someone.

 

Jisoo was begging him inside her head to not do anything strange in their workplace.

 

What if he suddenly puts their customer in a headlock? Or give him a flying kick?

 

She has seen it all.. she has seen him fight.. Taehyung sent a lot of his enemies to the hospital back then..

 

Jisoo held his sleeve.

 

“Shall we go back to the kitchen and talk, Chef?” she said gritting her teeth. “Please?”

 

But Taehyung wasn’t even listening to her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter