Pouty lips

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 4

 

 

 

*flashback*

 

 

 

It’s been two months already since Taehyung and Jisoo have met.

 

They would meet and talk with each other during their lunch breaks and after their classes.

 

Taehyung has also been attending his classes regularly and attentatively amusing everyone with his sudden change of behavior.

 

The good news has spread all over college and all the students have been wondering what made him change.

 

Jisoo did convince him to start studying seriously but she doesn’t want to take credits for it.

 

She knows it’s only Taehyung himself who can make his own decisions and choices. And she’s sure he has decided to change for himself and not for anyone.. certainly not for her..

 

It was already Jisoo’s last class when one of her classmates came to her running.

 

“Jisoo.. are you seeing Kim Taehyung now? Are you two dating?” 

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened. No.. not yet..

 

Oh.. did she say not yet? 

 

Jisoo shook her head. Her cheeks turned red from the sudden question.

 

“What are you saying?” asked Jisoo flustered. 

 

“Then what is Taehyung doing outside with a stuffed toy in his arms?” 

 

Jisoo’s eyes widened.

 

She and Taehyung did agree to meet after their classes and have dinner together.

 

He said he would wait for her outside.. but.. what’s with the stuffed toy now?

 

Is it because.. he wants to..?

 

She did mention that she liked stuffed toys to him..

 

Did he bring one for her? But why? Does he...?

 

“You two are always together in the campus.. how could you not tell us anything Jisoo? You’re so lucky! He’s so hot!” her classmate said as she shook her arm.

 

Jisoo just smiled.

 

Why is this so embarrassing for her? Why did her classmate announce something like this in front of the whole class?

 

Jisoo looked at Jennie who was sitting beside her.

 

“It isn’t like that..” said Jisoo shaking her head. 

 

Jennie smiled at her.

 

“There’s nothing wrong.. with the two of you dating..” Jennie answered as she put her notebooks inside her bag.

 

“Where are you going?” asked Jisoo confused. “Aren’t you coming with me later? I wanted to introduce you to him..”

 

Jennie stood up.

 

“Maybe next time.. I just received a message from my mom saying she needs to come home now..”

 

Jisoo nodded.

 

“Okay.. then we’ll have dinner together next time..”

 

Jisoo has been telling Taehyung since last week that she would introduce a good friend to him one day..

 

That was a pity.. 

 

Well.. she can’t do anything if Jennie has to see her mom.

 

But.. the thought of having dinner with Taehyung alone is making her nervous all of a sudden..

 

They have been eating lunch together at the cafeteria but they have never had any meal outside college.

 

It suddenly feels like she’s going on a date with him..

 

Jisoo took two deep breaths before going out of the door.

 

She could already see the stuffed toy he was holding from afar.

 

It was a giant pink bunny! How can anyone not notice that?

 

Taehyung waved at her.

 

She covered her face in embarrassment as she walked quick towards him.

 

“I didn’t know you’d be here already..” said Jisoo bashful. “And.. you didn’t have to buy me this..”

 

Taehyung chuckled.

 

“Did I say I bought this for you?”

 

Jisoo’s cheeks turned more red. Then it wasn’t for her? Did she just think ahead of herself? 

 

Taehyung smiled seeing her embarrassed.

 

“That’s right.. this is for you..” he said giving it to her.

 

Jisoo looked at him surprised. Why is he playing with her like this?

 

“Why? Why did you give me this?” asked Jisoo smiling as she stared at the pink bunny. “It isn’t even my birthday yet..”

 

“I saw it yesterday at the mall and got reminded by you..”

 

Jisoo tried not to smile but Taehyung’s gaze at her made it impossible for her.

 

He just said he was reminded by her.. why does it make her heart flutter?

 

“I want to ask you something..” said Taehyung looking around them. 

 

Jisoo’s brows narrowed.

 

“But maybe later when there’s only the two of us..”

 

Jisoo could hear the drumming of her heart.

 

He wants to ask her something? When there’s only the two of them?

 

What could it be? Why is she so nervous like this?

 

They went out of the building and were going towards the bus stop when Jisoo felt Taehyung’s hand brushing on hers.

 

Her heart felt like it would come out of her chest.. it was bouncing up and down.. 

 

It was crazy.. Jisoo bit her lower lip.. she wanted to hide herself this moment.. 

 

If her heart keeps beating like this loudly, Taehyung will surely hear it!

 

This is so embarrassing!

 

But then she felt like everything stopped when Taehyung’s hand held hers gently.

 

“It would be better to hold hands instead of bumping them against each other..” he said looking at his hand holding hers. “It’s more comvenient for us..”

 

Then he took the bunny stuffed toy from her arms.

 

“I’ll carry this for now..” he said smiling at her.

 

Jisoo turned her body to him slowly.

 

Taehyung became nervous when their eyes met.

 

He gulped. Jisoo’s blushing.. and she looks even more beautiful..

 

She has this confused look on her face.. she is just looking at him as if she were waiting for him to explain what he did.. and what he meant..

 

 

“Taehyung..” Jisoo called him softly.

 

Taehyung knows if he doesn’t grab this opportunity this time.. he might not be able to tell it to her anymore.. 

 

It’s been a while since he started to feel like this towards Jisoo..

 

No.. he has been feeling this way ever since he met her that rainy morning.. 

 

Her image was something he couldn’t take off of his mind..

 

Her voice keeps echoing inside his head..

 

And that only means one thing..

 

“I like you..” said Jisoo who quickly looked away from him.

 

She couldn’t hold his stare anymore.

 

Taehyung’s eyes widened. Did she read his mind? He was about to tell her the same thing..

 

“I mean.. I thought.. I should be honest to you so.. I’m telling you that I like you Taehyung..” said Jisoo looking sideways as she pouted her lips.

 

Taehyung smiled. Jisoo doesn’t know how cute looks when she pouts like that..

 

He pulled her hand to him even more closing the gap between them before kissing her on her cheeks.

 

Jisoo was surprised. 

 

What does that kiss mean? Does he also..?

 

“I like you too Jisoo..” he whispered against her ears.

 

Jisoo smiled.

 

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

Jimin was cutting some vegetables while glancing at Taehyung in front of him who was chopping some meat.

 

It has been two weeks already since their new chef came to work.

 

And it has been unusually quiet between him and Jisoo.

 

Jimin put his knife down as he peeked through the door to see Jisoo at the counter.

 

Is he really just used to them bickering?

 

Or have these two made up already?

 

But Jisoo is strange.. no.. chef Taehyung is also strange..

 

Jimin saw them washing the dishes together a week ago..

 

They seemed close..

 

At least that’s how he saw them.. from his point of view..

 

They would sometimes look at each other warmly.. and there would be days when they don’t even look their way..

 

And Jisoo.. that leopard print sweater she wore..

 

Jimin remembers now where he saw that before..

 

He helped Taehyung organize his stuff the first day he came to work..

 

He saw him putting it inside his cabinet..

 

Is it really the same sweater?

 

He wants to believe it is different because he might misunderstand but.. as far as he knows.. that sweater is a limited edition from a famous brand..

 

Jisoo doesn’t even wear anything like that.. and the size looked definitely bigger than what she would usually wear..

 

He doesn’t know anymore.. it’s their business.. he shouldn’t be worried about two adults having the same wardrobe..

 

He was too distracted by these thoughts that he didn’t realize he cut himself with the knife.

 

“Jimin! Look at your finger!” said Suga loudly. “Go get it treated immediately..”

 

He winced in pain. He should have never seen the cut.. it hurt all of a sudden..

 

“Let me get something for you..” said Taehyung concerned.

 

“No.. I’ll ask Manager Kim for something..” said Jimin before going out of the kitchen.

 

Taehyung’s eyes followed him until he was talking with Jisoo who looked REALLY but REALLY worried.

 

It isn’t like her Jimin will die with a small cut like that.. why does she look like she will cry anytime soon?

 

She isn’t afraid to show her emotions when it comes to Jimin.. she might as well tell everyone there’s something going on between them!

 

She used to be shy even when holding hands in the public years ago..

 

Now she’s touching Jimin all over without worrying what others might think!

 

Taehyung was still looking at them from the kitchen when Suga approached him.

 

“What are you looking at, chef?”

 

Taehyung was startled. Why didn’t he hear this guy coming?

 

“Nothing.. just.. I was just worried about Jimin..” he replied.

 

Then Jimin and Jisoo suddenly disappeared from his sight.

 

“Where have they gone to?” he asked still looking for them.

 

Suga smirked.

 

He took some sugar from the cabinet and poured some into a glass for the cake he was preparing.

 

“Well.. they have their own hideout downstairs..” he said smiling.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter