Broken promise

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 19

 

 

Taehyung slept at his father’s house the night before and was going back to the restaurant when someone threw a piece of paper af him.

 

He was about to curse when he saw Mino standing behind him.

 

“What do you want?” he asked glaring at him.

 

Mino smiled as he took a step closer to him.

 

“What were you thinking of so deeply that you didn’t even notice me following you?”

 

“Why would I want to notice you? Are we friends? Why are you greeting me?” asked Taehyung annoyed.

 

Mino shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Your girlfriend told me to become friends with you though..” he said tapping his arms lightly. “Do you think I like greeting you?”

 

He walked past him but then turned to him again after remembering something important.

 

“Ohh.. I almost forgot about it..” he said facing him. “I saw that bastard with your girlfriend the other time..”

 

Taehyung’s brows closed in. Which bastard does he mean? He’s the only bastard he knows so far..

 

“Bobby..” said Mino.

 

“Who?” he asked curiously. 

 

Taehyung doesn’t remember anyone with that name. What is Mino saying to him? If he’s making up some things to get him angry, he’ll make him pay for it!

 

“You really don’t know him?” Mino asked him again.

 

Taehyung shook his head.

 

“Bobby.. he’s that moron who stabbed you on your back..” said Mino looking at his eyes.

 

Taehyung knit his eyebrows even more.

 

He did learn from Jisoo that it wasn’t Mino who stabbed him.. but who is this Bobby he’s saying now?

 

“I’m sure you’ll recognize him if you see him again..” Mino continued.

 

Taehyung was still thinking hard. How is he supposed to remember someone from ten years ago? All this time he believed it was Mino who did that cowardly thing to him..

 

“You beat him up pretty bad once..” Mino said as he sighed. “That kid held a lot of grudge against you..”

 

Taehyung tried hard to recall every person he beat up in his first year of college. It would be impossible to keep count of them.. and so much more to remember their faces..

 

“I heard he works at some restaurant now.. he’s completely changed.. well.. maybe you surprise me more but.. he did transform into someone else too..” said Mino trying hard to make him recall about Bobby. “Ohh.. my old buddy told me he just came back from Europe after a year..”

 

Only then, Taehyung realized which bastard Mino was talking about.

 

No wonder he looked familiar.. even at the airport.. he thought he knew him.. 

 

He even dared show his face to him at the restaurant.. he must have done it purposely..

 

Then.. did he go on the same trip as Jisoo?  They were together?

 

Does he know about her being his girlfriend? What if he did something to her?

 

And more fear gripped his chest when he heard Mino say..

 

“I think he still hates you.. some of my old pals told me he was looking for you even after you got discharged from the hospital back then.. if he once stabbed you with a knife.. be careful around him.. and don’t let him know about you and Jisoo.. I’m afraid he might use her against you to get his revenge..”

 

 

Revenge.. 

 

Of all things he could have done and used to get revenge on him..

 

Why did he choose her? Why Jisoo of all people? 

 

 

 

———————-

 

 

 

 

 

Rosè and Joy were startled to see Taehyung looking furious the first thing in the morning.

 

He literally slammed the door of the restaurant open..

 

But they got more startled to see Jisoo crying as she followed him.

 

The two girls couldn’t say anything and just stared at them.

 

Taehyung looked around the restaurant as if trying to find something.. looking for some place where they could talk quietly.

 

Then he held Jisoo’s hand tightly before going inside the kitchen where Jimin and Suga were fooling around.

 

“Can you leave us for a moment?” he asked in his deep voice.

 

The two guys became serious right away after seeing the tension between them.

 

Jimin could sense that Taehyung came to know already what Jisoo has been hiding from him.

 

“Chef.. is everything okay?” asked Suga oblivious. “Did you two.. have a lover’s quarrel or-..?”

 

Jimin grabbed him by his arm and pulled him out of there immediately.

 

Taehyung closed the door.

 

He took a deep breath before facing Jisoo.

 

He saw her crying.. she’s still crying.. she has been crying as soon as Bobby went away..

 

That scumbag.. what did he do to her? How could he.. take advantage of her? And say those things about her?

 

“Taehyung..” Jisoo called him softly as she tried hard to stop her tears. “I’m sorry.. I’m really sorry..”

 

He was just looking at her.. he doesn’t know what to tell her first .. 

 

“I.. I swear.. I.. I didn’t know.. he was like that.. he was good to me at first.. he treated me well but then.. it happened and I-..” 

 

She was catching her breath as she tried explaining what happened to her.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me anything, Jisoo?” he asked closing the distance between them. “Why did you hide it from me?”

 

Her tears started falling again.

 

“I’m sorry..” she said softly. 

 

“You should have told me right away! That you met some kind of a**h*le! That you.. that you woke up in his room..” he said raising his tone. “You should have never drank with someone like him..”

 

She could only say sorry.. she could only feel regretful.. 

 

She knows it was her mistake.. her fault..

 

“Bobby.. he wasn’t like that at the start.. he was like every other colleague I had there.. he was friendly to everyone.. to all of us.. I was unaware he was someone who knew you.. I was clueless about the wicked plan he had in his mind.. he.. put something in my drink that night.. I can only remember having a few sips.. we were just talking that night at the hotel’s bar.. and then.. I woke up-..”

 

She cried her heart out.

 

Those things that happened to her that night.. those words she hasn’t told anyone yet.. the painful feelings she has kept inside her..

 

They all need to be said now..

 

“I woke up.. fully .. in his bed.. I was feeling dizzy.. my body.. felt heavy.. he.. said.. it was me who.. wanted it.. that I-..”

 

“Jisoo..” said Taehyung holding her arms.

 

But Jisoo continued..

 

“I.. didn’t want you to hate me.. that’s why I couldn’t tell you.. I wanted to hide it from you... I thought.. you’d get mad at me.. be disgusted with me.. I couldn’t even imagine.. how you’d feel towards me.. once you know.. that I slept with another man.. I hated the idea.. of you.. leaving me.. and the two of us breaking up again.. I don’t want that to happen Taehyung.. I don’t-..”

 

She took a deep breath.

 

“I’m sorry.. it’s all my fault.. I-..”

 

Taehyung pulled her into his arms.

 

He wiped her tears delicately as he looked into her eyes.

 

“No.. don’t blame yourself.. it isn’t your fault..” he said softly.

 

“I’m sorry for raising my voice.. I was too angry.. but not at you.. I was mad because of him.. because of the despicable thing he did to you..” he said shedding a tear. “But I’m more furious at myself.. this happened to you because of me.. because he wanted to get revenge on me.. and he used the most important person in my life.. he used you to get back at me.. this is all my fault..”

 

He hates himself for putting her in that situation.

 

He understands eveything now.. Bobby wanted to get revenge on him.. he has been wanting to get one for a long time..

 

And suddenly.. Jisoo appeared in front of him.. he didn’t know at first about their relationship that’s why he treated her well at the beginning..

 

But when he learned about them, he grabbed the opportunity to do the most painful thing to him..

 

He purposely showed his face to him.. to provoke him.. to mock him..

 

He planned everything.. perfectly..

 

To destroy him..

 

But why.. why did he have to involve her in this?

 

 

Jisoo hugged him tight.

 

“I felt.. dirty.. filthy.. I was disgusted even by my own reflection in the mirror.. I thought.. I shouldn’t come back here to see you.. because I don’t deserve you.. I am not worthy of your love anymore Taehyung..”

 

He shook his head.

 

How painful it must have been for her to keep this all to herself? She was suffering alone without anyone else knowing about it..

 

And he.. a fool.. was jumping to conclusions.. thinking she doesn’t love him anymore.. that she’s pushing him away.. refusing his touch and kisses.. because she changed his heart..

 

But everything.. was because she felt unworthy.. undeserving of him..

 

His poor Jisoo.. why did she have to go through all of this just because of things he did in the past? Because of him?

 

 

“Don’t think like this Jisoo.. I love you.. I still love you.. no matter what happens to you.. I’ll love you..” he said kissing her forehead. “I’m sorry for making you go through this.. I am really sorry..”

 

Jisoo looked at him with tears in her eyes.

 

“Don’t you.. hate me? Aren’t you.. disgusted with me?”

 

Taehyung craddled her face before kissing her on her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter