Purple umbrella

Bygones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

This is my 10th vsoo story ☺️ I hope you aren’t getting tired 💖

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

 

“How could that old fat guy just go without a notice? He’s the chef! He should take responsibility! Just because he knows the restaurant wouldn’t work without him, he dared to quit? How could he-..?”

 

Rosè, one of the waitresses of Ciao Bella was fuming in anger and was ranting on Joy, another waitress.

 

All of them came to work that day without knowing that their chef had already quit.

 

“I know.. “ Joy sighed as she put down the board of that day’s menu. “Quitting is okay but at least.. he should have told us right away.. look at the mess he created now.. we all came to work but the chef isn’t here.. how are we supposed to serve the customers at lunch?”

 

Rosè nodded her head.

 

“Who knows what will happen to the restaurant today? And to us? Do we even have to cook? I only know how to eat though..” said Rosè pouting. “We’ve only got two hours before the opening.. and we have tons of reservation today.. how can we do this? And where is Jisoo unnie?”

 

“Our manager unnie must be boiling right now.. she was over the phone for at least an hour already.. the chef didn’t even pick up her call and we were informed by the branch director directly.. she’s already hot tempered.. what if-..?”

 

Rosè covered Joy’s mouth.

 

“Why?” asked Joy confused. “It’s true she’s always mad..”

 

Rosè suddenly looked pale as she stared behind Joy.

 

“Why do you look like you’ve seen a ghost?” asked Joy. “Don’t tell me.. “

 

Joy turned around and saw Jisoo standing behind her. She covered right away.

 

“Manager.. Kim?”

 

Jisoo’s arms were folded as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

 

“Is there anything we can help you with.. Manager Kim?”

 

Jisoo opened her eyes and clenched her fists.

 

“Come in.. I have something to tell all of you..”

 

Jisoo went back in leaving the two women behind.

 

“You should have stopped me right away!” said Joy stomping her feet. “I’m dead! What if I get fired?”

 

Rosè dragged her inside quickly.

 

All the employees were lined up in front of Jisoo who was walking back and forth with her hands on her back.

 

There was absolute silence. Everyone was nervous. Nobody knew what would happen to the restaurant without a chef.

 

Jimin, the sous chef, cleared his throat before speaking up.

 

“We can change the menu for today if we don’t have the main chef..” he said looking at Jisoo.

 

“That’s right..” said Suga, the one in charge of the desserts. “We can change it to what Jimin specializes and just ask for understanding to the customers for the sudden change of menu..”

 

Everyone was nodding their heads in agreement.

 

“I think that is the most we can do for today..” said Joy wanting to be on good terms with Jisoo after talking ill about her.

 

“Me too.. I agree to what Jimin said..” said Rosè looking at Jimin who was already looking at her.

 

Jimin winked at her.

 

Rosè chuckled as her cheeks turned red.

 

While everyone was talking to themselves, Jisoo stopped and faced all of them.

 

“We aren’t changing anything today..” she said in a stern voice. 

 

Everyone seemed confused. How could they not change anything when they don’t have a chef?

 

“What do you mean about that, Manager Kim?” asked Jimin politely.

 

Jisoo turned to him.

 

“I got a call from the branch director.. and she said a new chef is on his way here..”

 

Everyone was surprised.

 

“Already? That was fast!” Suga exclaimed. “Well.. isn’t it for the better? We have nothing to worry about anymore..”

 

Jisoo smiled.

 

“That’s right.. I’m sorry for putting pressure on all of you.. but this matter was out of my control..” she said bowing her head.

 

Jisoo looked at her watch.

 

“I don’t know anything about our new chef but the branch director seemed to be fond of him.. he said he is the most wanted chef nowadays and we are lucky to have him so I am hoping that everyone of you will cooperate with him and treat him well.. is that understood?”

 

Everyone nodded.

 

Jisoo received a call from the branch director.

 

“Yes Sir? Has he arrived already? Yes.. of course.. we will make sure he is comfortable.. please do not worry about him..” 

 

And as soon as she hung up on the call, the door of the restaurant opened..

 

“I’m sorry Sir.. we aren’t open yet..” said Joy approaching a goodlooking man with a luggage in his hand. “Please come back-..”

 

The man cleared his throat and looked around.

 

And when his eyes met Jisoo’s.. he stopped.. he continued looking at her.. stared at her more.. before looking back at the other employees and finally introducing himself..

 

“Goodmorning everyone..” he said in a loud voice.

 

Jisoo’s eyes were fixed on him, unable to believe who was standing in front of her..

 

“I’m your new chef from now on..” 

 

Then he paused and looked at Jisoo again.

 

“My name is.. Kim.. Taehyung..” 

 

Jisoo thought she was dreaming.. no.. it wasn’t a dream.. it was a nightmare..

 

Kim Taehyung? For real? What is that guy doing here? What is her most hated ex doing here? What did he say? The new chef? He became a chef? Really?

 

Jisoo didn’t know how long she has been thinking to herself that she didn’t notice that Taehyung was already in front of him.

 

“Mind introducing yourself?” asked Taehyung as he looked at her nametag. “Manager Kim Jisoo?”

 

Jisoo got startled and took a step back from him.

 

She looked at everyone’s reaction. They were all staring at her. 

 

“W-what?” she asked puzzled.

 

Then Jimin stepped forward and smiled.

 

“I think our manager is a little flustered meeting a young and handsome chef like you.. I’m sorry but it’s because we only used to have chefs who were old and grumpy..” Jimin chuckled as he shook his hand. “I’m your sous chef and this is Suga, our patissier.. and these lovely ladies are the waitresses and-..”

 

Jimin introduced everyone to Taehyung one by one.

 

Jisoo was just standing behind them still baffled about the situation.

 

This can’t be.. it is impossible.. how can he meet Taehyung again after.. 10 years? 

 

That college gangster whom she fell in love with when she was 19 years old.. has become a chef?

 

He did? How? Does it even make sense? He really became a chef?

 

 

“I’m looking forward to working with all of you..” said Taehyung bowing his head. “Now.. shall we start? There’s only an hour before the opening.. we should hurry up..”

 

Jimin and Suga brough him inside the kitchen right away.

 

Rosè and Joy’s eyes were still following the three men.

 

“He looks hot!” said Joy. “I think brighter days are coming for us.. now the kitchen has transformed into our heaven..”

 

Rosè held her hands and giggled.

 

“I wish he never quits as our chef!” she said jumping out of happiness. “I will come to work without complaints from now on..”

 

While the girls were busily chatting about their new chef, Jisoo was still in a daze.

 

Is he really that Kim Taehyung from ten years ago? 

 

She needs to continue asking herself that question because it doesn’t seem real for her..

 

This is ridiculous.. this must be a prank..

 

She looked through the open door of the kitchen and saw the three men talking with smiles on their faces.

 

Taehyung.. it’s really him..

 

He became a little taller.. his body looks more built.. his facial features became sharper after losing all his babyfat..

 

But it’s him.. it’s Kim Taehyung..

 

His hair colour changed from blonde to black.. that’s right.. he used to have blonde hair during their college..

 

He stood out from everyone.. but not only that.. he was feared by everyone.. no one dared to be in his way.. to be in his sight..

 

Oh.. maybe.. someone did..

 

Someone tried to tame him.. to talk to him.. to see him.. and fall for him..

 

And it was her..

 

 

 

 

 

*flashback to ten years ago*

 

 

 

It was raining pretty hard and Jisoo was running fast with her light purple umbrella over her head.

 

She has to go to her class as quick as she can or else she’ll get scolded by that old witch again!

 

Why did it have to be her first subject every morning? And why did she have to choose an apartment that is an hour away from college?

 

She can’t even blame anyone because it was her who chose everything!

 

She was running without stopping when she bumped into someone and fell down on her on the ground.

 

Her umbrella flew away.. the bag she was carrying became wet and her clothes were all drenched in the rain..

 

It must be her lucky day.. what did she do in her past life that she became like this? 

 

And who is this person in the middle of the way walking as slow as a turtle? How rude of him!

She ought to teach him a lesson whoever that is!

 

She lifted her gaze from the ground..

 

She gulped.

 

Of all the people.. she had to bump into him..

 

The Devil! Did she just really bump into him?

 

Kim Taehyung a.k.a. The Devil? That gangster? That infamous guy?

 

He is pretty much known in the entire college..

 

He has the face of an angel but he has the attitude of the devil..

 

They say he does all kinds of bad things.. from drinking to smoking.. and others say he even takes drugs.. and abuses women..

 

But those are just rumors she has heard..

 

At least that’s what they say about him.. well.. about his face.. it makes sense.. but his attitude..?

 

She doesn’t know about that because she has never paid interest in him..

 

She carefully stood up without even picking up anything that has fallen down on the ground.

 

Should she apologize or ask him for an apology? Should she pretend to be nice or just act tough?

 

Taehyung slowly turned around.. 

 

He was already in a bad mood because of the rain.. 

 

He isn’t the type to bring an umbrella with him from home..

 

Or maybe.. it’s because he doesn’t have one..

 

Not an umbrella but a home..

 

That’s right.. he doesn’t have a home anymore..

 

His parents had just divorced a few months ago and he was staying only with his dad. 

 

His mom left their house because his husband had an affair..

 

They say married couples get divorced when they don’t love each other anymore.. but didn’t they promise in front of the altar that they would only love each other till death separated them?

 

But why..? Why did his parents stop loving each other?

 

Then they shouldn’t have gotten married in the first place!

 

Taehyung was blaming his father a lot.. but only in his heart.. in his mind..

 

He couldn’t tell him face to face that he despises him.. that he hates him for having another woman beside his mom..

 

Because he was afraid to be left alone.. afraid of having to live by himself at his young age..

 

And so he started doing things he shouldn’t.. just so he could vent his anger on something else..

 

He became involved in a lot of fights since his last year of high school.. he learned to smoke.. to drink.. his circle of friends changed..

 

He would go home completely drunk just so his father would start paying attention to him but even by doing so.. his father never noticed it.. or probably he never cared.. 

 

He would even bring women to his house and spend lonely nights with them..

 

But none of these things worked..

 

 

Taehyung sighed before turning to face the stupid person who bumped into him..

 

He clenched his hands into fists before turning around..

 

Should he start this day with a punch on someone’s face? The rain would make this person look even more pitiful..

 

He lifted his hand to grab that person’s collar but he stopped as soon as he saw who was standing in front of him..

 

Both his hands automatically landed on his sides.

 

A woman..

 

A goddess in particular..

 

He has never seen anyone this beautiful in his life..

 

She looked like a fairy.. her eyes were like blinking in a slow motion as she stared at him..

 

And the rain makes her look even prettier..

 

He took a step back from her.

 

“Go..” he said quickly as he looked away from her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter