Ch 32

Savage Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

32 | The Reason

 

***

 

By the time he saw Sohee waiting at the bus stop, Yoong slowed down and pulled the car over to the side. He hastily stepped out and jogs toward her. 

 

"Where is it?" ask him breathelessly. 

 

Sohee raised her eyebrows. "What is there to rush? Do you want to have dinner with me?" 

 

"I have no time for that! Give my flash drive back!" He unconsciously yelled in frustration.

 

Sohee got startled. "Yah, it's just a flash drive, why do you have to yell?"

 

"Just give it back now, hmm?"

 

"What is there to see here that-"

 

"JUST ING GIVE IT BACK." He is impatiently shouted which brought some attention to the other people around. 

 

Sohee let out a sigh. She opened her handbag and handed it. "You better... treat me for a meal." She whispers her last words as she watches the doe-eyed just storm immediately to his car. "He's getting suspicious."

 

***

 

It's ten in the evening when they finally saw Yoong's car is coming. They stepped out of the van and meet with him halfway.

 

"You got it?" Ask Taeyeon.

 

"Yes." Yoong handed the flash drive to his brother. "I'm sorry but I have to go now." However, he can't waste time and returned to his car and drives off.

 

Tiffany sighs as she watched the car speed off. "Seohyun's mad right now. He better make it up." 

 

"They will be fine." Taeyeon ushered his girlfriend to return to the van as he took the driver's seat. "He told me got enough evidence now for their scheme." He handed the flash drive to her.

 

Tiffany inserted it into her phone and check the files. There's a folder called Taeyeon which means it's the files they wanted. "Whoa, these are a lot. Should this be enough?" It stunned her to see all the videos and files connected to the company. "Damn, how can they take doing this stuff." It sickened her.

 

"Yeah, we can use that against the company." Taeyeon glanced at her. He the engine and slowly drives off.

 

"But... I don't think the mission is over yet. We have to know what's in that envelope first." 

 

"I suspect they're bribes from different government officials."

 

Tiffany slowly nodded her head. "I think so too. I need to convince him tomorrow that I can't able to go to Jeju. So I can get the envelope."

 

"Don't worry, if he insists, I can make a scene in the airport so you can't go with him." He glanced at her with a reassuring smile.

 

"I seriously couldn't stand being next to him. But there's no choice but to handle it."

 

Taking her hand, Taeyeon gives the back of her hand, some rub. "You're a strong woman indeed. I'm proud of you."

 

"If it wasn't for you watching, I actually wouldn't take it. I mean, I know you will be there for me right away." Tiffany smiled sweetly at their hands. It warms her heart. She felt protective now that she was with him. "Omo, can you drop by that store? I would like to bring food for Yul and Jessica's family."

 

Taeyeon smiled when he heard it. He slowed down and pulled the car over to the pop-up bungeoppang store. "How many do you want?"

 

"No, I got it-"

 

"I got it." He cut her off and stepped out of the van before she can. 

 

Tiffany sighs softly as she watched her man, buy snacks. She flutters as she continues to watch him until he returned. "Thanks."

 

"I bought for us and for them." Taeyeon said handing two paper bags of freshly baked pastry.

 

"Thanks, love." She replied as she leaned into his lips and giggled. She opened one of the bags and pick one, "Ah." Only to hurt herself when it's still so hot, causing her to let go of it and hold her ear.

 

"It's still so hot, give it some blow first." chuckled Taeyeon as he drives the car carefully. 

 

"Silly me." Tiffany laughs and blows hard on the pastry.  

 

***

 

Loosening up his tie, Yoong took the box of donut from the passenger seat and stepped out of the car. He hurriedly went to the door but stopped in front of it as he took a deep breath and exhales slowly before he unlocked the door with a passcode. He was expecting to be greeted by an empty living room but he can't help and sighs.

 

Heading to the kitchen, he fridge the box and realize the dishes wasn't washed. So he takes his jacket off and rolled his sleeve up to began washing the dishes. 

 

Just a couple of minutes later, he walk to his daughter's bedroom and find her already sleeping, cuddling with her stuff toy. He lowered himself so he leaned down and kissed Seoyoung's forehead, lovingly. 

 

"Seoyoung-ah, I'm so sorry Appa missed the dinner." He whispered. "But I will make it up to you next time, okay?" He smiled warmly as he pulled the comforter, up on her chest. He kissed her forehead again before he turned off the night lamps.

 

Getting up, he walks to out of her room and proceeds to the master bedroom he shared with his wife. Seohyun greeted him with death glares from the bed. 

 

"I know my apologies won't help so I want to explain."

 

"Tiffany already told me. No need to explain." Seohyun coldly said as she put the book on the side and lowered herself to give her back to her husband. She's mad and upset, she can't pretend she's fine with it. 

 

Heavily exhaling, Yoong headed to the shower to freshen up first. It took another fifteen minutes before he walked out on his towel wrapped around his hips. He glanced at his wife before he change into pajamas and dry his hair.

 

Seohyun turned her body to watch him. "Why do you promise something when you can't do it?" She mock him seriously. "Our daughter was too excited yet you have to disappoint her."

 

Yoong put the dryer down and turn. "I didn't know that will happen. If I know I wouldn't have promised a dinner date." He softly explains. "But I'm going to make it up, so please, forgive me."

 

"Han Sohee, wasn't she?" 

 

"Yes. She was so kind enough to actually wait and give me the flash drive." 

 

Seohyun got quiet yet her gazes are still intense.

 

"Come on." Yoong approach the bed and sits on the edge. "If I didn't get that flash drive I think she will find out my mission. It's lucky she didn't."

 

"I searched that woman on the internet, she looks younger." 

 

"What?! Why did you do that?"

 

"I was curious!" Seohyun instantly replied with her voice raised. "I have the right to see who are you working with too, Im Yoong!" And she defended herself. "She better be a real friend! I can't afford another scandal from you! You know I'm a celebrity." She reminded as well.

 

"Ugh, I promise." Yoong grumbled. "But I'm not staying for long in that company though. Once we got everything we needed, I'm quitting right away. So there's no chance that girl will make a move." 

 

Seohyun scoffed in disbelief. She turned to face the opposite side and clenched her fist. 

 

Pulling the comforter, Yoong laid down next to her, sighing so loud as he watched his wife's back. "Tsk." He close his eyes ready to sleep but he opened them back as he scooted closer and sneak his arm on her waist only to receive a hit on his forearm causing him to retract his hand. "Fine." He gives up as he the other side. He close his eyes but can't fall asleep yet.

 

"How's your arm?" He softly asks when he thought of her injury. But he didn't hear a word. "Good night." He added as he turned off the night stand.

 

Seohyun turned off the nightstand on her side as well and drifted to sleep without facing the doe-eyed.

 

***

 

"You guys shouldn't have to." Yul accepted the paper bag from Taeyeon. 

 

"Has her parents left?" Ask Tiffany as she tries to see Jessica inside her ward through the glass window.

 

"They will not leave. I wanted to stay too but I feel awkward with her parents around. I'll just visit her." Yul explained, letting out a sigh.

 

"Did she already wake up?" Taeyeon's eyes are inside too.

 

"She hasn't. But the doctor assures she will be conscious tomorrow." 

 

"So will she take the surgery?" Tiffany casually looked back at Yul.

 

"Yes. And I promised her family I will take the bills that will be cost." 

 

Taeyeon patted Yul's shoulders. "Hang in there. You don't have to go to work. Just be with Jessica until she recovers." 

 

"I don't think she will like it." Yul chuckled softly. "She will scold me for sure if I live in her ward."

 

"Indeed." Tiffany slowly nodded her head as her eyes returned inside. Krystal is sittinf next to Jessica's bed, looking so sad, which made her sad as well. "I really hope she recovers."

 

"There's a high chance because the tumor is still small. With constant medication, it may die." Yul shares positively. He was delighted a little when he heard from the doctor earlier. 

 

"There's still hope." Taeyeon smiled, glad to hear it from Yul.

 

"Jessica's a strong woman. She will get through this. The Jung will get through with this." Tiffany has a high spirit for her friend.

 

***

 

Upon hearing the alarm tone from her phone that woke her up, Tiffany raised her hand in search for it above her. She opened her eyes half as she got it and stopped the tone. She put it back and returned cuddling with Taeyeon on the sofa but she realized the time that caused her eyes to open wide.

 

"Work." She shot up and grabs her phone back. She stepped into Taeyeon's stomach as she got out of the sofa in a hurry. "I'm late. See you later." And wear her glasses back before she leaned down to kiss him on the lips.

 

"Ugh." Taeyeon hugged his stomach. "You are still on pajamas, love!" But before he can let his girlfriend leave, he reminds her.

 

Tiffany stopped by the door and look down in shock. "Kyaaaa!!!" She returned inside and hurriedly went to the bedroom. She doesn't mind showering as she changed her clothes into new white top and white slacks this time.

 

Taeyeon on the other hand hurriedly make a sandwich in the kitchen. He can't let her leave without eating. He placed it in a lunch box and added strawberries. Upon hearing the door from the bedroom opens, he hastily come out and handed the lunchbox. "Eat this on the way. I'll follow later." He said with a sweet smile.

 

Tiffany smiled back. She hold his face and kissed him deep on the lips. "Thanks. See you later." She said and hastily walked out of his apartment.

 

Sighing, Taeyeon smiled and walk to his phone on top of the table next to the sofa. But much to his surprise, it wasn't his smartphone. "She got mine." He gasped. They have the same gray phone case that she got it his instead. But instinctively he entered his bedroom and shower in a hurry.

 

***

 

Walking downstairs, Seohyun can already hear Seoyoung singing a song from their dining area. She just casually walks in and find her husband is preparing breakfast. 

 

"Good morning, hon." Greeted Yoong with a sweet smile.

 

She sends glares but softened when she takes her seat next to their daughter. "Feeling good sweetheart?" She caressed her face briefly.

 

"Yes, Omma. I had a good dream." Seoyoung cutely smiles before taking a bite of her rice.

 

"What is it, honey?" Yoong asks as he placed the hot pot of chicken soup on their table. 

 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter