by my side

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[The Next Morning…]

 

 

Joohyun woke up with a sharp pain in her head and body aching. She had no memories of the night before except drinking a few bottles of wine before she passed out on the bed. Without a doctor’s analysis, it’s no doubt that she’s having a hangover right now.

 

 

She walked to the bathroom and tried to wash up, but she felt discomfort in her feet. She looked down while brushing her teeth and saw that her feet were treated. Bandage and everything.

 

 

Joohyun’s POV

 

When did I get hurt? I’m pretty sure I don’t know how to bandage my feet. Sure brain, blame me for not taking a medical course during high school. Also, what’s that smell? Someone’s cooking in my apartment?

 

A thief?

 

Wait, no. Why would a thief be cooking in my apartment? I grabbed the nearest object on my desk. A pen. What can I do with a pen? Stab him? Well, better to be safe than sorry.

 

I walked out of the room sneakily trying to figure out who the hell was in my apartment with a pen on my right. Turns out, it was just Seungwan there. Making breakfast I supposed.

 

I put down the pen I was holding at a nearby table and just ogle at Seungwan. What is she doing here? She looks great in that apron. Total wife material. Damn, snap out of it Joohyun.

 

 

 

 

 

Seungwan who was cooking breakfast for them looked up and saw Joohyun spaced out in the living room. She finished plating the omelets and bacon, and then removed the apron that she borrowed from Joohyun.

 

“Unnie, how are you feeling now?” Seungwan walked towards Joohyun and held her hands to guide the older to the couch. Joohyun was in a daze and let Seungwan dragged her.

 

As they both sat down on the couch, Seungwan, still holding onto Joohyun’s hand, face with a concerned expression and frowning, as she said, “Does your head hurt unnie? You drank a lot yesterday. I made you some hangover soup. Your feet were bleeding too. I helped you cleaned up the glass—"

 

“I’m fine Seungwan.” Seungwan was rambling away until Joohyun put a stop to it. The older also pulled away from her hands that were held ever so dearly by Seungwan.

 

“Please unnie. Tell me what’s wrong.” Seungwan stared at Joohyun deeply. Her brown orbs were slightly watery. Seungwan’s gaze looked like it could pierce the façade that Joohyun was keeping on.

 

“It’s really nothing Seungwan.” Joohyun raised her voice a bit louder. It startled Seungwan a bit. Rather than shying away from Joohyun, the younger scooted closer and patted her back with reassurance.

 

“There’s always something whenever you said nothing unnie. You can’t fool me. And I’m always right here when you need me. So, please…” Seungwan sounded like she was pleading for Joohyun to confide in her. To tell the younger her deepest secrets. To let everything out as the older was always so mysterious, never telling Seungwan anything. Keeping it all to herself. Seungwan gave a small peck on Joohyun’s forehead, trying to make things better, like she always does ever since they were kids.

 

But Joohyun pushed her away and stood up. “Until now you still don’t know what you’re doing, don’t you?” She mumbled incomprehensibly and tried to leave. But Seungwan was quicker, she grabbed Joohyun’s wrist before she went somewhere else.

 

“What are you talking about?” Seungwan was confused by Joohyun’s remark. Confusion was shown in the younger’s face as her eyebrows furrowed.

 

“You really are dense, aren’t you?” Joohyun’s eyes started to tear up a bit and stay tight-lipped. Seungwan’s eyes were still focusing on her. As if wanting the older to continue what she was going to say. Joohyun looked away from those brown orbs.

 

“It’s gonna be alright unnie.” Seungwan pulled Joohyun into a hug. If this was like any other day, the older would gladly be hugged for she always loved the warmth that the younger gives. But this wasn’t any other day. She had to make things clear. It might even break the friendship that they have made over the years.

 

Joohyun tried to pull away from the Seungwan’s hold. But Seungwan held her even tighter not letting the older escape from her grasp. “IT’S NOT OKAY. JUST LET ME GO. I’VE BEEN LYING TO MYSELF THIS WHOLE TIME. It’s never okay…” Joohyun started sobbing while trying to push Seungwan away.

 

 

Seeing that she couldn’t disentangle herself from Seungwan, she gave up. Still weeping sorrowfully, her fists clenched tightly together that it turned white, hitting Seungwan on the shoulder. Even so, Seungwan was not letting go. She was holding in the pain from being punched by Joohyun.

 

Joohyun stopped. Her clenched fist now laid on Seungwan’s shoulder and she rested her head near Seungwan’s neck.

 

"Please don't cry unnie. I'm sad too if you're sad as well." Seungwan pulled Joohyun away and wiped her away the tears using her thumb. Her other arm still hanging on Joohyun's waist. She tried to make the latter feel better by kissing her temple.

 

Joohyun, eyes widened as she felt the kiss on her temple, buried her face into Seungwan's embrace, and mumbled, "This isn't an issue where you can kiss away the pain Seungwan. You're playing dirty here."

 

"If only you tell me what's wrong, I can fix it."

 

Joohyun was contemplating. And they stayed in silence for a few seconds. Maybe multiple seconds to calm down the situation.

 

 

“I like you okay. I’ve liked you since a long time ago. I’m sorry Seungwan. I couldn’t keep my feelings to myself. I just don’t want our friendship to be ruined because of this. I know we aren’t meant for each other. I’ll try to get rid of it so please… can we still be frie— Hmm…”

 

 

Seungwan crashed her lips onto Joohyun while holding her by the shoulders. Joohyun widened her eyes by the contact, but slowly closed her eyes to feel the sensation.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter