A Teenager in Love

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Two years have passed by again. This time, Joohyun was about to graduate from high school and Seungwan just became a senior high schooler. Now that their lunch hours matched, they are ecstatic about it.

 

 

As the years pass by, with Seungwan’s growing admirers, and the growing admiration and affection that Joohyun held for Seungwan. Both of them know what they’re feeling deep down, or maybe that was just one-sidedly. Joohyun didn’t bother to hide her affections by always interlocking their hands together as they walk, twinning arms, or the gifts that she casually gave her. Or even the accessories that they buy together.

 

“Hey, this bracelet looks familiar.” Seulgi was munching down on her pringles while walking with Seungwan in the park.

 

“Oh, me and Joohyun unnie bought this together at the mall the other day. Maybe you saw her wearing it too.”

 

“Of course you did.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Seulgi just shrugged and they both continued their conversations.

 

 

But of course, life and love wouldn’t be that simple. Both Joohyun and Seungwan will have their petty fights. With petty fights, I mean, people disrupting their ‘moment’ and Joohyun getting jealous over that. But Seungwan wouldn’t understand what she did wrong. Even so, she would still apologize first and they would make up.

 

However, this time, it seemed to be different. A new transferee who didn’t know about the rumors of the school immediately latched herself onto Seungwan, who was there being kind and understanding as she was the monitor as well.

 

Joohyun didn’t like the extra baggage latching onto Seungwan, because this ‘extra’, also known as Sejeong, decided to follow her everywhere. Even during lunch hours.

 

 

Jealousy escalated into anger and Joohyun lashed out at Seungwan when the younger was late for their meet-up by an hour. Because Seungwan was late, Joohyun decided to find her around school grounds. What she saw was something she had hoped not to see. Seungwan and Sejeong were both chatting and smiling away.

 

Joohyun’s heart broke that day thinking that Sejeong took her place, and ran back home.

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, I knew you were going to be here.”

 

Joohyun was sitting on a bench near her favorite tree that the three of them used to play around. Seungwan went closer to her and sat down beside her.

 

“So unnie, mind telling me what’s wrong this time?”

 

“You can just go away and hang out with your new friend.” Joohyun stood up ready to leave the area, but Seungwan was quicker, as she grabbed her wrist.

 

“Unnie, did I do something wrong?”

 

Joohyun just glared at her while shoving Seungwan’s hold on her wrist, trying to leave the backyard, again.

 

“Aww come on unnie. I’m sorry that I didn’t meet up with you this afternoon. In my defense, I did message you 10 minutes beforehand.”

 

 

While saying that, Seungwan just back hugged her. Joohyun froze in her spot. Seeing that Joohyun froze in her spot, not struggling to leave anymore. Seungwan turned Joohyun around, still hugging her, but this time, she kissed Joohyun’s forehead again.

 

 

“Don’t be mad at me anymore please?”

 

Joohyun can only give up the thought of being mad and snuggle deeper into the crook of Seungwan’s neck, hugging back her beloved childhood friend.

 

 

 

 

 

[Back in Joohyun’s room]

 

 

 

Past midnight, Joohyun wrote down another entry in her diary, while sitting near the windows, as she can see how the moon and stars illuminate inside her room.

 

 

Each time we have a quarrel,

It almost breaks my heart,

Cause I’m so afraid that we will have to par

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter