Lemonade

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun and Seungwan are two years apart. But their middle school is something others would call, an ‘escalator school.’ This means that they would be seeing each other often during school hours.

 

However, lunch hours are different for both junior and senior high schoolers, as they share the same canteen spaces. This doesn’t stop both of them from meeting each other during lunch hours as Joohyun sometimes would sneak out from her class earlier just to meet Seungwan her younger friends.

 

Her younger friends, as in Seulgi and Sooyoung, a new addition to the group. Although Sooyoung is a year younger than both Seulgi and Seungwan, she’s smart. Real smart to skip a year. And that’s how they ended up meeting since the three were in the same class and school year.

 

But what made Joohyun skip classes earlier, go for lunch earlier, as she said, was because she had a hidden agenda. She wanted to be with Seungwan 24/7 ever since she heard that Sooyoung had a tiny crush on Seungwan, or maybe half the school population, female and male, had a tiny crush on the school’s ‘most adorable being’, quote on quote also by Joohyun.

 

Sooyoung told all three of them about her crush on Seungwan after that one performance Seungwan did during their school’s talent show. During that day, half of the school’s population fell in love with her voice, and found her endearing. Because that day, she almost tripped and bit her tongue for being nervous on stage, while also holding a guitar that was almost her size. But when she sang, she looked charismatic and soulful. Who wouldn’t like a girl like her? A three in one bundled package.

 

Yes, and yes. A 16 years old Bae Joohyun finally realized she had feelings for Seungwan. Romantically. She knew about it a few months before she became a senior in high school as she was figuring as to why her heart would race whenever Seungwan does the tiniest thing and the angry feelings when another student approached Seungwan when both of them were chatting. She realized it way before that during one fortunate day with the both of them alone in the backyard reading. Seungwan was humming to one of her favorite songs, and Joohyun wrote it down in her diary, capturing the feelings that she had for her for safekeeping.

 

 

 

 

She’s my sunshine and warmth in the rain,

My painkiller when I’m in pain,

 

Like a tall glass of lemonade,

She is what I need during the summer.

 

When she sings,

Her voice is soothing like the ocean rushing on the sand,

 

She’s so beautiful,

I had to close my eyes sometimes to take in her beauty.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter