drunk

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

To: Wannie

Wan-ah, let’s go get lunch together after your class.

 

From Wannie

Sorry unnie. I have to meet up my sunbae after this for the upcoming performance.

 

 

 

Joohyun put down her phone and stared into space during her lecture. Everything her lecturer was saying in front of the classroom was going in from one ear and coming out from the other. This had been the fourth time this week that the younger canceled their lunch plans together. Not to worry, as Seungwan doesn’t always cancel plans. She still meets up with the gang. With full-on persuasion by Joohyun.

 

 

What was keeping the hamster busy, so much that she couldn’t meet up with her best friends? Just a usual day when the four of them would have lunch together, suddenly, Seungwan dropped the news that her club was going to be busking in one of the university’s café and she was one of the performers.

 

Joohyun was elated by the news since she knew that music had always been one of Seungwan’s passions and encourage her to do well in it.

 

“Promise me that you guys will come.”

 

“Don’t worry Seungwan ah. Even if I’m dying, I will still go watch it.” Seungwan beamed and grinned from ear to ear with Joohyun’s response.

 

 

Joohyun now curses internally. She wanted Seungwan to pursue her passion, but that passion was making Seungwan meet less with her. And the thing that irked her the most was her club mates being chummy with Seungwan, always hoarding around the younger during breaks.

 

 

“Hey, have you guys seen Seungwan? She said she was near 10 minutes ago.” Joohyun was fiddling with her phone waiting for more replies. She flinched from Sooyoung’s touch as the latter took her phone away and patted the former’s back.

 

“Unnie, don’t be so possessive. It’s just 10 minutes ago.” Sooyoung quickly scanned the area around them because Joohyun was giving her the look of, ‘I’m not possessive, what are you talking about?’, and huffed.

 

“There she is.” Seulgi pointed in the direction where Seungwan was at. “Oh, she’s with Eric.”

 

Joohyun’s head turned, quick like lightning in the direction where Seulgi was pointing. “Who’s Eric?”

 

“That’s Seungwan unnie’s duet partner in the last performance the music club had. Don’t you remember? I’ve heard he’s got a crush on unnie.” Sooyoung said it like it’s a fact while eating her bagel.

 

Joohyun swatted her head out of pure frustration because of what Sooyoung said and the latter’s bagel fell from her hand. “Owww….”

 

“Don’t listen to her unnie. They’re just friends.” Being the supportive cousin, she tried to calm down her now furious unnie.

 

Joohyun let it slide. She can’t control who Seungwan makes friends with. But what she can do is glare at the boy and burn holes in his face so that he gets the idea to let her hamster go.

 

 

Eric was one thing. Joohyun can deal with Seungwan’s guy admirers because they’re cowards. Her girl admirers’ though, are the ones with serious issues because they’re much more straightforward and clingier. Plus, Joohyun didn’t know who’s Seungwan’s friends or fans. She couldn’t differentiate them. Being a closeted fan, she didn’t want to embarrass herself if she made a mistake and shoo the wrong person.

 

 

However, there was this one person with purple hair, whose close to Seungwan. Joohyun could see that the person is greasy towards her Seungwan, and the hamster would always accept the cheesy remarks which infuriate the bunny. But she doesn’t let it show. Ever since Seungwan told them about the performance, she had been meeting up with the purple hair. She even saw them texting.

 

 

Both of them were watching a Netflix movie in Seungwan’s apartment, doing their usual routine of eating dinner and watching a show after that. Halfway through the movie, Seungwan’s phone lighted up. So, naturally, the younger picked it up to check who texted her.

 

“Hmm… who is it Wannie?” Joohyun tried to peek and see who it was. But Seungwan saw that the older was trying to take a glimpse of her phone, so she immediately put it away. Joohyun only saw the sender’s name.

 

“It’s just my music club’s sunbae. She’s asking me something about the performance. Nothing to worry about.”

 

 

Even though Seungwan said it was nothing, Joohyun can’t help but wonder and be anxious about it.

 

 

And that was just one person. For Joohyun, she might be alright (somehow), with just one person Seungwan was around with. But it multiplied into two days after the conversation with her 'sunbae'. Her favorite hamster was seen with someone else, and this time, it was a blondie. When Joohyun came late to meet up with the gang, she saw Seungwan chatting away in the far corner with someone else besides the purple-head.

 

Intrigued with their conversation, Joohyun immediately sat down beside Sooyoung, who was tall enough to block her petite body from the onlookers and occasionally glance at Seungwan's direction to see what she's up to. While doing so, she grabbed a pen that was laying on the table and brought out her notepad to look busy. Seulgi blinked at Sooyoung with confusion and the latter rolled an eye towards her while pointing in the specific direction that Joohyun was looking at.

 

"Unnie... what are you doing?" The bear still not understanding what the whole situation was about.

 

"Shhhhh.... Don't blow my cover Seul. I'm just trying to see what they're talking about."
 

"Unnie.. do you hear yourself? They're tables apart. How are you hearing what they're talking about." Sooyoung turned her body to face Joohyun, the block became the blocker.

 

"Oh shush. Just block me. I can try to lip read." Joohyun smacked Sooyoung's arm and made her face the other way.

 

As she peered back towards that direction, she saw the purple-haired walked away from the table. Maybe to get something to eat. But that would mean... And yes. Seungwan was alone with the blondie. Chatting happily with sounds of faint laughter she can hear from Seungwan, as she was always loud. The final blow was when she saw Seungwan touching the blonde by the arm, looking intimate. Joohyun broke the pen into two when she saw the scene unfolding in front of her.

 

"YAH UNNIE! THAT WAS MY FAVORITE PEN!" Both of them widened their eyes when they saw their unnie broke something that they didn't know would break. One with horror and one with fear.

 

During the commotion, Seungwan was walking back to their table. "What did I miss?" She casually took a se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter