Coffee

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[During an early morning]

 

 

Joohyun woke up to loud noises coming from outside her apartment complex. She looked through the peephole and saw boxes lying on the ground. Curiosity kills the cat, she wanted to see who it was since the apartment was owned by her family and it had been empty for years. Only occasionally used when one of her family members dropped by in Seoul.

 

 

Maybe dad decided to rent it out.

 

 

Just so happen she had trash to throw out. So, she brought out the bag of trash and threw it at the main rubbish area. As she was walking back to her apartment, she saw a familiar figure in front of her holding another big box. As the saying goes, curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. And Joohyun was definitely satisfied with her discovery.

 

 

“Seungwan…?”

 

“Unnie! Hey… I didn’t know you live in this building too…” Seungwan turned around to look at Joohyun. Eyes widened and chuckled nervously.

 

“Yeah. I live opposite to yours.” She pointed at the door in front of her.

 

“Oh, cool. We’re neighbors again.” Seungwan grinned from ear to ear.

 

Looking at the multiple boxes on the floor, Joohyun felt bad for the younger to settle in herself.

 

“Do you need me to help you? I’m free right now.”

 

“If you don’t mind. Sure!” Seungwan then gestured to come in using her head since her hands are busy with another box.

 

Joohyun picked up one of the boxes laying on the ground and went in after Seungwan.

 

 

“Seeing that you’re moving in here, you must be going to the same university as me then.” Joohyun tried to come up with some small talk since both of them weren’t talking much.

 

“Yeah I am. Seulgi and Sooyoung are studying here too. Now we all are going to be together again.” (*´︶`*)

 

“Oh… where are they staying?”

 

“They decided to stay in the dormitory. Since you know, Seulgi wakes up pretty late. And Sooyoung is rooming with her to save the extra cost.”

 

“What about you then? Why didn’t you stay in the dorm as well?” Both of them finish moving the boxes inside the house and decided to take a break, sitting on the couch while drinking tea.

 

“Mom was worried about hostel security being too lax. And Auntie Bae then suggested staying here since they’ve upped the security.” Seungwan said it like it was a fact, and Joohyun could only nod at her answer since she was probably the reason why her family strengthened the security.

 

But she knew that the two families probably did it so that she and Seungwan would meet up more often.

 

 

A blessing in disguise.

 

 

 

 

Life in university was just like the past, where the girls meet up during lunch hours or whenever. As they are now university students and have different courses and majors, they try to meet up with each other with the busy schedule.

 

The four of them are known as the IT girl gang. It’s no wonder since they are all beautiful and gorgeous in their own way. Although proclaimed as untouchable, Joohyun being Joohyun again tried to hush all of Seungwan’s admirers away.

 

 

In which again, the younger was clueless to everything or the rumors around her. And the other two could only laugh at their unnie’s silly antics.

 

 

Seungwan was running late for their lunch meeting as her professor entered class late. The three of them already met up with each other under a tree, sitting on their usual spot.

 

“Unnie, are you still going for Seungwannie? I mean, are you planning on confessing anytime soon?” Seulgi suddenly dropped a bomb in front of Joohyun’s face. All while casually eating her tiny baguettes.

 

“It’s too early Seulgi. Maybe in the future, or when I actually have the guts to.” Joohyun dismissed the idea.

 

“But unnie. It’s not early anymore. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter