Special: Valentine's Day

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  “Heyyy unnie.”

 

“It’s Miss Bae to you. We’re in the middle of work Sooyoung.” Joohyun was busy fiddling through the files and looked up when she saw someone addressed her informally during work. Turns out, it was just the latter coming in, as she was hired as Joohyun’s personal assistant after the younger got her university degree. Joohyun, as mentioned earlier, was engaged in work as she just recently took a higher position in her family’s company.

 

“Nuh-uh. It’s lunch hour now. So, it’s break time. And you said, quote, ‘Once we are out of working hours, you can drop the formalities Sooyoung nim,’ unquote.”

 

“What nonsense is this? When have I ever add a ‘nim’ behind your name?” Joohyun let go of her pen and crossed both her arms.

 

“Out of everything, I can’t believe you only took note of that. But anyways—” Sooyoung clasped both her hands together. “You have to take a break unnie. You’ve been working a lot more than usual since the past week, and Seungwan unnie just called me to make sure you eat something for lunch. So here ya go.” Sooyoung then passed her a lunch box wrapped neatly with an envelope.

 

“If I don’t see this finished when lunch hour is over, I will come for your life. Toodles.” Sooyoung momentarily glared at her boss and then left the room with a smile. A smile that can probably kill you if you saw it.

 

 

 

“Why did I hire this girl?” Joohyun mumbled incoherently as she took the letter out from the envelope to read it.

 

Good afternoon my love <3,

 

I hope you’re not all too stressed out at work. Please take good care of your health since I am not there to take care of you at the moment. So, I made a little something for you. I hope you like it. ;)

 

From your cute hamster W~

 

 

Joohyun’s cheeks were slightly tinted with pink as she smiled from ear to ear after reading the letter. She unwrapped the lunch box and saw that the food inside were all her favorites. As she was eating her lunch, she scrolled through some videos on her phone.

 

 

As she was scrolling through tik tok, she found a video that amused her. It was how the cats would reach out for their owners’ finger when the latter poke them. In other words, something like holding their hand, making them warm in their embrace as the owners would tell them that they were cold to see their pets’ reaction.

 

Joohyun found this extremely cute even though she was afraid of animals. And because she is afraid of them, her dream of being touched by an animal like that was crushed.

 

 

Suddenly, a lightbulb just popped into her mind.

 

 

Fear not, for I have Seungwan by my side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter