Happiness

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Unnie, are you sure that both of you… are umm… really dating?”

 

Joohyun whipped her head to her left and raised an eyebrow. Implying that she’s not amused with the said joke. You tryna question my relationship with Seungwan? The gaze, or glare that Joohyun gave towards the latter was so eerie that it sent chills towards her bone down to her spine. In fact, the cold aura seems to be spreading to the other tables that are near them as those people situated there appear to be affected as well.

 

 

The instigator, now turned culprit was trying to cool down Joohyun, but instead, fired up the older. Seulgi who went to get lunch with Seungwan came back earlier than the latter and saw the commotion between the two. As she sat next to Sooyoung, since we all know who’s sitting next to Joohyun, and also Seulgi wouldn’t risk sitting next to the furious bunny, she tried asking Sooyoung what happened in the span of her and Seungwan getting lunch and coming back.

 

“Umm… so, what happened here?” She half-whispered and glanced at Joohyun. Trying to make it subtle, but not subtle enough as the older caught on.

 

“Sooyoung’s jinxing my relationship, is what’s happening here.” Joohyun glared furiously at Sooyoung.

 

“Gosh unnie. I was just asking since both of you are so private with your relationship. I want some tea. Gimme some.”

 

 

Seulgi, who finally understands the situation at hand now since both she and Sooyoung had been discussing about it days before.

(*By the way, they have been dating for almost 6 months already; so yea, everyone knows about their relationship. Even the parents. Now I’mma head back to the story.)

 

“What Sooyoung here is saying is that both of you never talk about your relationship. We’re just wondering if everything is going well.”

 

“Damn right. I need to know if you’re treating Wan unnie right. She’s too good to everyone. She’s basically Mother Theresa. Mother Wenresa…Oww!” Sooyoung gasped at her own statement and then yelped in pain when Seulgi smacked her on the arm because Joohyun gave them a frowning face and sad droopy eyes when she heard what Sooyoung said.

 

All hail to Seulgi trying to calm the situation again. “Seungwan might be an A-tier girlfriend material, but unnie, you’re no different than her. You both are practically perfect for each other.”

 

“I know I told you guys months before about laying off on the PDA. But I didn’t know you guys took it so seriously. As your very first shipper, I demand some action--- Oww??” Seulgi pinched Sooyoung’s sides as she was rambling on about her two unnies are still the same. As if the relationship never happened, making all her effort go to waste.

 

 

Seungwan took her sweet time in picking out her lunch menu, came back to their table, and sat down beside Joohyun. Just as she was looking at the pair in front of her bickering. “So, what’s up with them?”

 

Joohyun, now no longer mad at Sooyoung since she finally came to an understanding about what the latter was worried about. Which is not much of a big deal if you know the full story to it. So, she just shrugged at Seungwan’s question and continue to eat her lunch, as if nothing has happened.

 

Sooyoung scoffed at how Joohyun’s attitude changes from being mad to sad and now to being happy again. But she’s not backing out either. She looked dead straight in the eyes at Seungwan just as the latter was looking at her too.

 

“At least tell me if you guys have pet names for each other?”

 

“Uhh…” Seungwan was confused as to how the question even popped out from. So instead of her answering the question, Joohyun butted in and helped her, while giving Sooyoung a smug look.

 

“Yes. We do.”

 

 

 

 

Flashback to a few months ago, approximately 2 months ago. During their semester break.

 

 

“Hmm…? What’s wrong unnie?” Seungwan felt a tug on her shirt when she and the latter arrived in front of their family’s main house. More specifically, Seungwan’s, since her mom told her that they’ll be having lunch together with the Bae’s.

 

“Nothing much.”

 

“Are you worried they’re gonna be disapproving of us?”

 

Joohyun’s eyes widened and immediately denied the reason. “No no no. I’m just worried about how my parents are going to exaggerate things. You know how fussy they are” She shakes her head repeatedly, a sign that shows how she’s not afraid to expose their relationship. Just other things.

 

“I don’t think you have anything to be worried about. If your parents are fussy, I bet you haven’t seen mine.” Seungwan chuckled.

 

 

Joohyun and Seungwan went back to their respective homes since it’s been a while since. Also, the main point in going back home was to tell them that they were in a relationship. Anxious and nervous goes hand in hand with each other, don’t they? But it’s not like both of them are scared that their parents are not going to accept this relationship, since they have mentioned it multiple times in the past about how supportive they are. The pair was just worried about how their parents would overreact to the announcement since they tend to exaggerate things.

 

 

“Joohyun, my dear child. You’re finally home.” Arms opened wide, Mrs. Son greeted her enthusiastically and gave her a hug. “Your parents are inside right now. Let’s go.” The elder then proceeded to lock arms with the latter and went in to greet the others.

 

Seungwan just stood there, shocked and baffled because her own mom didn’t even bother to spare a glance at her. “Mom!!! What about me?!!” She pouted and puffed up her cheeks.

 

“Oh, I didn’t know you were there. Just like all the times when you didn’t even bother to give us a call.”

 

“I was busy….”

 

“Busy with what? With Joohyun here? That’s the only thing you did right.”

 

Joohyun’s ears were turning red when she heard what she heard. Seungwan saw it and added fuel.

 

“Yeah, I was busy courting your future daughter-in-law. You can’t blame me for not calling.” Seungwan pulled Joohyun away from her mom’s hold. This time, Joohyun’s face was turning pink because Seungwan just declared she was going to marry her.

 

“Omo… Omona. Look at you, you cheeky little thing. I forgive you just because you’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter