Love Die Young

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Joohyun’s POV

 

It’s tough. It’s hard to cope without my three best friends. It’s definitely harder to do this without Seungwan. My Seungwannie.

 

I’ve got so much to worry about. Where am I going to continue my studies? Am I doing my exam right? Are my answers right? What if Seungwan confesses to her crush? She is going to confess. The graduation ceremony….

 

 

“Hyun unnie… Are you still listening to me?” Seungwan snaps her finger in front of me. I didn’t know I was out of it until then.

 

“Hmm yea… What is it Seungwan?”

 

“Unnie… I’ve been talking about what instrument I should use during the graduation ceremony. Which one do you think is better? A guitar or piano?” Seungwan pouted because I haven’t been responding to her.

 

 

How cute.

 

 

Joohyun, you gotta snap out of it before this hurts you even more. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

 

“Wouldn’t a guitar be better, it’s handy.”

 

“But wouldn’t a piano be more romantic in times like this?” Seungwan tilts her head while looking at me with her frowning eyebrows.

 

“Yeah but. Maybe your crush likes to be confessed discreetly. A big display of it might cause her to be teased. You wouldn’t want your crush to be teased continuously now, would you?”

 

“Fair point.” She nods in agreement.

 

 

“Heya Seungwan, ready to go?”

 

“Right. Wait for a second Sejeong.” Seungwan stood up, gathering her stuff and packing it into her bag. She turns to face me after getting everything.

 

“Unnie, don’t wait for me and go home first ok?” She holds both of my hands and gave me a wide smile.

 

“Hmm…”

 

I don’t want her hands to leave mine. But eventually, she still has to go. The warmth from her hands just slowly diminished from mine.

 

When she left, she still looks back and waved a few times, like a child she is. I giggled a few times, and watch her back until she turns to the right corner of the school building until she’s out of my sight.

 

 

Silly Wannie. But still, my precious Seungwannie… Stop doing the little things to my heart. It’s already hard to endure it. I hope the day of the graduation ceremony doesn’t arrive. As I tugged both of the sleeves of my blouse, sighing softly.

 

 

 

 

Just as I open my locker, I saw a purple letter drop to the floor. Confused. Who would send me a letter? I opened the letter to see what’s written inside.

 

 

Dear Crush, aka Bae Joohyun-nim,

 

            If you’re reading this, I would like to let you know that I have a surprise for you. This might sound weird, but please meet me at the back entrance of the auditorium hall at 4 pm.

 

Sincerely,

Your secret admirer.

 

 

 

I looked up after reading it, wondering who the heck gave me this. Just as I was looking left and right to see if the person who placed this was still around or not, I saw Seungwan walking in the opposite direction.

 

 

Could it be? No way… Is it her? (⁄ ⁄>⁄ ▽ ⁄<⁄ ⁄)

 

 

I went home with cotton candies and chocolates in my head.

 

 

 

Everyone at home is calling me crazy. I’m just happy, or maybe too energetic by the letter.

 

As I got to my bed, I hugged my pillow thinking about the future. Maybe Seungwannie and I were meant to be. After all, we have been childhood friends, and they did say childhood friends can escalate into something else. Maybe now I wanted time to go faster. I want the ceremony to go by sooner.

 

I close my eyes and pray, please let this be something.

 

 

 

 

As the day of the graduation ceremony has arrived. Every senior is congratulated with flowers. There’s even a photo-op session in the corner of the building.

 

 

“Unnie…… I can’t believe you’re graduating today. Why are you older than us? Why can’t you fail yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter