Adore You

Meant to Be.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

What happened during the graduation ceremony made Joohyun wake up from her dreams. Her hallucinations, or wishful thinking. They didn't talk much to each other ever since that day. A plus factor was that both of them have a conflict in their schedules. Joohyun decided that she’ll apply somewhere far. At least far enough to avoid Seungwan. She wanted to turn a new leaf. Lead a new life. A life without Seungwan.

 

 

She decided to move out of her house too. As her house is far from her university’s campus, and she would like to save the time and effort to travel from one place to another.

 

 

Joohyun finished packing her luggage and was planning to leave. The three younger girls were there to send her off in front of her house.

 

 

“I’m gonna miss you Joohyun unnie.” The bear-like girl gave her cousin a hug. Strong enough for the older to grip her back so that she’d loosen her hold.

 

“I’m gonna miss you too Seulgi-yah.”

 

“Are you sure you don’t need us to help you settle in unnie?” Sooyoung went to hug her unnie/sunbae after Seulgi. And Joohyun returned her hug.

 

“It’s okay Sooyoungie. I don’t have much stuff anyway. Plus, I’ve already placed some stuff there.”

 

 

When it was Seungwan’s turn, both of them looked at each other in the eye. They then hugged each other like it’s the last time they’ll ever meet each other.

 

Seungwan whispered in her ear as she snuggled closer to Joohyun.

 

“Don’t forget to call us.”

 

“I won’t forget about that.”

 

“Promise?” Seungwan stick out her pinkie.

 

“I promised.” And Joohyun pinkie promised her. Just like the good ol’ days.

 

 

 

 

 

In her newly furnished apartment, an apartment complex that her family owns; that’s why her family allowed her to move out because they doubled the security there. Joohyun sat on the couch after settling her things aside. She thought to herself, why did I bother to make a promise that I couldn’t keep.

 

 

She sighed to herself. I guess old habits die hard.

 

 

She was eager to move out of her house, to get away from everything in the past. Undoubtedly it was because of Seungwan. But there’s more to that. 6 days right after the graduation ceremony, Seungwan announced to the group that she’s in a relationship with Sejeong. Ever since then, things changed in their friend group. Seungwan had been spending less time with them, less time with her. Sometimes even avoiding Joohyun.

 

 

Joohyun sees it. She sees it all. But she didn’t bother to voice out. She was angry, furious even. But deep down, she was disappointed. Mad because this was the extent of their friendship. Disappointed because she wasn’t brave enough to confess her feelings as she was afraid that it would ruin their life-long friendship.

 

 

Sitting on the couch made her relive her moments with Seungwan. She giggled at the thought of one particular memory though. It was when the two of them were both kids. Joohyun was 3 years old and Seungwan was only a year old. (*You might be thinking, “How can she remember something at that age?” Let’s just say that she has impeccable memory skills that relate to Seungwan.)

 

 

Joohyun was an only child in the household. And being the only child, all the attention was on her. But when her cousin, Seulgi, was born, the love and attention that she had garnered slowly diminished. It also didn’t help when her younger cousin cried when she tried to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter