Chapter 6

It has to be you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day was a bit unexpected for Rose and Wendy. They planned on telling Seulgi and Lisa that they are finally together and they never thought it would be as easy as it turned out. But fortunately, “It’s just a matter of time…” as Seulgi said. Both are so happy with the news and of course the teasing was nonstop courtesy of Lisa.

 

 

Everyone heard of the news and it was a shock to the whole school at first and even doubted their relationship. But they proved all the haters wrong and that they are strong and happy couple.

 

Rosé remembers when she went to Wendy’s house and introduce herself as Wendy’s girlfriend, she can’t believe how nervous she was that time. Mr. Lee Man Soo looks so intimidating but the moment he smiled at her with gentle eyes, she instantly forgets all her worries. She saw how much he loves Wendy. He is so supportive to her that she even feels a bit jealous as she never felt this with her mother.

 

Words can’t describe how happy they are now that they are about to celebrate their 2nd anniversary. Wendy is in Rosé’s apartment and they prepared a very cozy and intimate dinner just for the two of them. Their 1st year anniversary was chaotic as they had a decision that they forever regret. Inviting Lisa and Seulgi. They knew that 1st year should be very special and romantic but they figured that both of them have been a huge part of their relationship. However, that day did not go according to their plan. Lots of food fight and bickering among other things. Let’s just leave it at that.

 

They are now sitting at the table with a candlelight dinner set-up. “Happy 2nd anniversary to us.” Rosé said

 

“Happy 2nd anniversary.”

 

“I love you Wendy. So much.” Rosé said looking directly into Wendy’s eyes.

 

She felt that with every inch of her being. Saying the words “I love you” is probably one of the hardest things for Wendy. She didn’t know why, when she is very capable of saying it to his father. They’ve been together for two years now but she never said it to Rosé yet. And she knows how it makes Rosé frustrated and questioned their relationship but she already explained it to her. Rosé knows what she really means to her but she knew the time will come that she has to say it. She’s been preparing for this for months and she’s certain that now is the perfect time.

 

“I know how much I mean to you Wendy and I can see it through your actions. I love how you look at me with such adoration in your face. How you always take care of me and treated me like I am a fragile person that will break any minute. How you always made me feel so special. I can see all of that but I really want you to say it. Is it too much for me to ask?" Rosé said pouring her heart out.

 

“Rosé, I know you’ve been very patient with me and I know how much you love me. You’ve been very vocal about that. I don’t know why this is so difficult for me but I just want you to listen to this. I made a very short song for you and I hope that you’ll like it.

 

Wendy picks up her guitar and tuned it a little bit then she started strumming the guitar.

 

“What is this I’m feeling

My chest won’t stop heaving

I think I’m a goner for your smile

It brought me to heaven for a while

 

This feeling is so foreign

It feels like I am dreaming

I love you, I haven’t said that word before

But with you, it makes me want to say it more

 

I love you, I’ll say it now

I won’t stop even when the sun goes down

I love you, I finally said it staring into your eyes

Feel my sincerity that never lies

I’ll cherish this moment forever

Just you and me together

 

I love you, I said it now

I love you, please don’t ever say goodbye.”

 

Wendy puts down the guitar and moves closer to Rosé. “This song is called “I Love You”’. I made this song for you and I hope you like it.” Wendy said shyly looking at the floor.

 

“So, this is what you were writing that you won’t even let me peek?”

 

“Yeah” she smiled sheepishly.

 

“Hey, look at me” Rosé said holding Wendy’s shoulder so she can look at her directly. “Thank you. And I love it.” Rosé said sincerely looking at Wendy’s eyes.

 

Wendy looked back at Rosé and said the word again with love and sincerity on her face. “I love you.”

 

Wendy took Rosé’s face in her hands and the latter closed her eyes. She feel her breath as she draw closer and pull Rosé's face towards hers. She hesitates when their lips touched. She pulled back slightly and saw Rosé’s eyes still shut. Then she continued to kiss her. She felt Rosé pulled her closer and wrapped her arms around her neck as she kissed her back. They’ve been kissing for few seconds when Wendy pulled away again. Rosé slowly opened her eyes and when their eyes meet, they exchanged smiles and few giggles. All of a sudden, the dinner was forgotten and replaced with them showing their love to each other.

 

 

 

Wendy and Rosé are casually sitting at their school’s music room spending their time together alone when Wendy brings up their plans again for college.

 

“I still can’t believe that we will graduate in about a month” Wendy said.

 

“I know. Time flies so fast.”

 

“I’m just happy that we both love music and you also want to pursue Music and Arts. Plus we already got in Seoul  National University so we are still going to spend our college life together.”

 

“I can’t even imagine our life without each other. Is it too early for me to assume that this, I mean us, is the endgame?” Rosé said with hope in her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter