Chapter 12

It has to be you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

“Irene unnie, how did your last concert go?” Wendy is busy talking to the waiter to order food when Lisa asked Irene.

 

“Oh, it went perfectly well. I didn't have to worry about sales because it was sold the first couple of hours. However, the preparation took a little while. I wasn't able to spend a lot of time with Wendy, so I'm trying to make up for that one. She really gets so clingy.”

 

“I am so jealous. If I am big star like you, I will dump Wendy and hangout with all the famous celebrity.”

 

“Hey!” Wendy jumped in after she finished ordering. She looked at Rosé's confused face and realized that Rosé had no idea what they were talking about.”

 

“Rosé, have you ever heard of Irene before?” she asks.

 

“Should I know her?”

 

“Well, not really but Irene’s a singer here in Korea.” She simply said.

 

“Actually, Irene unnie is not just a singer. She’s the most popular soloist here in Korea and works for SN Entertainment. You know, Wendy’s company.” Lisa explained when no one really asked. If only Seulgi had no prior commitment, she could’ve helped me today to shut off Lisa’s talkative mouth.

 

“It’s not my company.” Wendy weakly said.

 

“Yet.” Lisa said. “So, going back, yeah. She’s really popular. Based on the look on your face, you have no clue who she is which is a surprise because she’s popular not just here in Korea. “

 

“I stopped following music or anything related to it when I left.” Rosé explained.

 

“Why?” Wendy asked curiously. She knows how Rosé loves music. They both love it. That’s even one of the big factor why they got together before.

 

“Because it reminds me of you. Of us.” Rosé said truthfully which shocked Wendy again.

 

Wendy doesn’t know what to say. How do you respond to that? Even the talkative Lisa doesn’t know what to say and just awkwardly looked at me and Rosé.

 

Fortunately, she was saved by the waiters who put all of the food that they order on the table.

 

They are actually having fun and as much as I don’t want to admit, I’m really glad that Lisa is here. She’s been the star of this day. She makes everyone laugh and everyone forgets the tension earlier.

 

Irene was quiet throughout the lunch though. She’s laughing with us, but I know something’s wrong. I held her hand and squeezed it a couple of times, but she just looks at me and gave me her reassuring smile.

 

 

 

They finally finished their lunch and they are now outside of the restaurant and bidding goodbyes when Rosé grabbed Wendy’s attention.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter