Chapter 15

It has to be you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy

 

Irene’s preparation for her new album has already started and she’s been in the practice room every day. Hence, more time for us together in the office. We always take our lunch break together, whether she goes to my office or I go to her practice room and go home together.

 

We have also started going to the studio to record the song that I made for her. “I really don’t like this song to be a b-side track. This deserves to be my title song.” Irene complains to me but I am still a business woman. I know that a pop song will be the genre that the public will love and although I have trust on Irene that she can make a song big whatever genre it is, I also don’t want to be exposed to the public promoting the song. I am already exposed enough as it is.

 

These past few weeks have been very busy for me and I also spent so much time with Irene that Rosé got a little upset as I always rejected her invites to meet up. I know that it’s what makes Irene happy and no matter how much I push them to become friends I still know that it will take time. However, Rosé called me today and begged me to meet up as she’s so stressed with work and Lisa currently is in Jeju Island and she has no one to talked to. I decided to meet with her as she needed a friend right now. I then dialed Irene’s number to inform her.

 

“Hey” Irene said on the other line.

 

“Hi. Just want to say that we can’t go home together tonight. I will be meeting Rosé later.”

 

“Irene?” she called when there was a dead silence on the other line.

 

“Oh. Yeah. It’s fine. I need to practice more anyway”

 

“Are you sure? You can go with us if you want to. We are just going to the noraebang place we usually go to in Myeongdong.”

 

“No. I’m sure.”

 

“Ok. I’m going to send you the room number later, just in case you change your mind”

 

===================

 

Rosé excitedly hugged Wendy the moment she saw her.

 

“Woah. Calm down. What’s wrong?” Wendy said, laughing when Rosé finally let go of her.

 

“Nothing. It’s just that I’m so stressed with work right now. I convinced my mom to stop working already because it’s affecting her health. And when she finally agreed, I got overwhelmed with the amount of work that I need to do. I am just happy to see you right now. I miss you.”

 

“Hey, you have to look out for yourself as well. Why don’t you hire someone to help you run your business or maybe I think it’s time for you to find someone else. Like, be in a relationship.”

 

Rosé just smiled at her then changed the topic. “Let’s order now. I need an alcohol in my system and some fried chicken.”

 

 

 

Wendy and Rosé have been singing non-stop and they finally decided to take a break when they are almost out of energy.

 

“I already finished 3 bottles of beer, but I am not drunk at all.” Rosé said happily.

 

“Probably because you’ve been in the bathroom for a dozen of times already” Wendy said teasing Rosé.

 

“Says the killjoy who did not even drink” Rosé retaliates.

 

“Hey, you know how difficult you are when you are drunk. I need to be sober and be an adult here.”

 

Rosé then hits her arms that she only answered with a hearty laugh.

 

“But seriously Wendy, thank you for spending time with me right now. I really needed this.”

 

“Don’t sweat about it. I’m your friend and I’ll always be here for you.”

 

“Thank you. By the way, listen to this.” Rosé said then she started singing.

 

“What is this I’m feeling

My chest won’t stop heaving

I think I’m a goner for your smile

It brought me to heaven for a while

This feeling is so foreign

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter