Chapter 13

It has to be you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene

 

Irene feels like she’s out of place. Like she doesn’t belong. Like she doesn’t fit in. They’ve been trying to include me in the conversation especially Wendy but it’s different when I was not there when it happened. I don’t get their inside jokes and all their funny stories. I hate this feeling and it doesn’t help that Rosé couldn’t stop staring at Wendy. The nerve of this girl to introduce herself as Wendy’s “ex-girlfriend” when she’s the one who left her in the first place.

 

I was there when Wendy was still hung up on her. When I’ve wooed her for few months, but her name is still the one she calling out at night. I had to wake her up every time she had the same nightmare and now that everything is perfect between us, why does she have to go back into Wendy’s life? Into our life.

 

She finished her three glasses of wine by the time she finally heard the door open.

 

“Hey. How long have you been drinking?” Wendy asked me as she slowly walked up to me and kissed my mouth.”

 

“I just finished few glasses, but I’m good.”

 

“Is everything all right? You were very quiet at lunch.”

 

“I don’t really know what to say Wendy. I have no memories of you to share when you were in middle school.” She said bitterly. “You’ve been talking about your high school life, but I was not a part of that. And she was, and it’s making me jealous and angry and I hate this feeling Wendy.”

 

“You have nothing to be jealous about. You are part of my present and she isn’t, okay? Anyway, Let’s talk about this tomorrow. I think you’ve had enough wine.” Wendy said and guided her to their bedroom. When she was tucked in to the bed, Wendy stands up to leave when she urgently grabs her hand. “Don’t leave me.” she pleads. Irene knows she’s a little bit tipsy but still not drunk but having alcohol in her system makes her extra emotional.

 

“I’m not going anywhere. I’ll just wash up and change, okay?” Wendy told her so gently and sweet that it made her smile. Wendy has been a big part of my life and I honestly don’t know where will I be without her. She was not only my girlfriend but also a friend, a sister and even a mother to me. I love her so much that I don’t even know what to do if it doesn’t work out.

 

“Okay. I’ll wait for you”

 

“Yeah. I’ll be quick.”

 

Wendy was in the bathroom for a few minutes when her phone vibrates and suddenly light up following a notification. It’s just lying on the bed so it’s not really hard for her to read what the message is and who is it from.

 

From Rose:

 

I’m happy that we get to talk earlier. I’ll see you next week! 😘😘

 

 

And just like that, her sudden happiness vanished and replaced with that painful feeling that she had never felt before. I feel like my heart shatters into thousand broken pieces. Her tears began to fall and she can’t control it. When she heard the bathroom door open, she turned her back on Wendy and she pretended that she was asleep. Wendy then join her in the bed and cuddles her from behind. She closed her eyes and enjoyed this feeling for a moment and forget everything that happened today.

 

She loves me, right? And nobody can hinder our relationship if we both love each other. If we both fight for our love.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter