Chapter 16

It has to be you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sun has already risen yet Wendy is still wide awake trying to think of better ways to explain it to Irene.

 

She then decided to get up to prepare breakfast for her but the moment she stands up she felt the pain rush through her shoulder and neck caused by the uncomfortable couch that served as her bed. After preparing the food, she went to their room to check up on Irene. Irene is already awake or more likely did not sleep at all seeing the dark circles under her eyes.

 

“Hey” she slowly said.

 

“Hey” Irene responded with her barely audible voice.

 

“I’ve prepared breakfast for you. Do you like to eat now?”

 

“No. I think sleep is what I really need right now, but I can’t sleep no matter how hard I try to.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Wendy, come here please.” Irene said, motioning for Wendy to lie on the bed with her. She’s a little bit confused with the invitation, but this is a good sign I guess.

 

When she already lay down next to her, Irene scoots closer and snuggled Wendy which surprises her even more.

 

“Irene?” she asks, confused. She’s expecting Irene to shoo her and not talk to her at all and Irene snuggling her is completely the opposite of it. Has she forgotten all that happened last night? Did she bump her head and suddenly forgot about it? Or perhaps, Irene is just messing up with her. So many thoughts come out of her mind that aren't all making sense. Her tumultuous thoughts were disrupted as Irene spoke.

 

“I was awake the whole night thinking about what happened last night. Wendy, I was there when I heard Rosé confessed to you. I saw her kissed you. And I know it’s not your fault. But it still hurts me to witness that and my judgment was clouded by my anger and I couldn’t think straight.”

 

“No. You have every right to be angry, Irene. I let that happen. Not intentionally but it was partly my fault. I should have made it clear to Rosé that I don’t feel anything for her anymore. And that I love you, and no one else.” Wendy explained.

 

“I replayed all the good things that happened to us Wendy, especially that moment when you finally opened your heart to me. That was one of the happiest moments of my life. I also thought about what happened these past few weeks and that made me realize that I won’t let her ruin my happiness. You are my happiness and unless you tell me that you don’t love me anymore, I am not going to let you go.” Irene said honestly, pouring her hearts out.

 

“I don’t deserve you. I must have done something great in my past life.” Wendy said it jokingly but she meant it. All she did was hug Irene tightly. “I love you so much Irene and I can’t see myself without you.”

 

"Whenever I think of the possibility of you being in love with someone else, I just can’t bear it. It feels like someone is crushing my heart over and over again. If someone asks me where do I see myself years from now, I imagine myself with you and no one else. Us, living happily together.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter