I Only Care About You

Ace of Hearts

Rinsing her face with water she squeezed toothpaste onto her toothbrush and angrily brushed her teeth. For a second back there she’d been afraid he might choke. She had just been teasing him. He needn’t take her seriously. Goodness!

Twisting around she yelled at the door, “At least you have a huge throat!”

Back to brushing her teeth with much energy.

Crazy Sehun.

All over a freaking piece of paper. What was so important about it anyway?

This morning she made it to the dining table first. Stealthily staring at Sehun when he arrived and took his chair.

“Oh?” she mocked. “You have an appetite?”

Clearing his throat, Sehun ignored her remark, “You woke up early.”

“Probably not as early as you’d like,” Namjoo said. “What did you write anyway?”

His face went red again making her suspicious.

“If you’re drafting a will, I’d like you to leave me everything when you die.” Namjoo rambunctiously told.

“You wish,” he replied then his expression switched slyly. “Now that you mention it, I’ll leave my inheritance to my child; son or daughter.”

Namjoo bared her teeth making a face at him.

After breakfast she stationed herself in front of the television, flipping through the channels for something to watch. A bunch of animated shows were on rerun. Since it was the weekend sitcoms were taking a break. She’d have to wait a few hours for the good dramas to begin airing.

Her vision dashed up when Sehun came into the room. He came right to the couch and sat by her. Relaxing with a deep sigh he sunk back into the couch. Frowning at him she scooted away. A second later he scooted toward her like a magnet. Tossing another frown his way Namjoo scooted nearer the arm of the furniture. Sehun scooted toward her again.

“Will you stop it?!” she shouted at him.

“What?” he shrugged innocently.

Glaring at him she rose and dropped into the adjacent single seat. Yet as she focused on the screen, she could feel laser eyes burning into her cheek. A glance showed him sneakily smiling at her.

She snapped, “What?!”

“Nothing.” He shrugged.

Giving up, she got up to walk away. On second thought she swerved around and strut toward him, towering over him. Sehun stared up at her clueless. Grabbing the throw pillow on her chair she threw it at him before walking off satisfied.

Heading into the kitchen Namjoo went right to the fridge to fetch a glass of juice. Scanning the leftovers stocked away in organized containers, she reached for the bottle of orange juice. Clutching it tightly she turned to reach for a glass, but ended up slamming into the fridge jolted by shock when she saw Sehun behind her.

“What the F!” she cursed.

“What are you doing?”

“None of your business. Move it.” Pushing him away she opened a cupboard to pull a cup down and continued her task ignoring him. Again. Yet she felt her cheek hotly burning.

A glance and she shot Sehun another glare for staring.

“What do you want?!” she snapped again. Couldn’t he leave her alone for a second? He didn’t have friends to go golfing with on a beautiful Saturday morning? Why stay home?

“Let’s go on a date.”

“Why?” Was the first thing out of . Her brain conducted quick math. His parents were hardly around now that their marriage was officiated. No longer worried that her and the non-existent baby weren’t a part of the family.

Namjoo imagined the other purpose was to let the newlyweds enjoy the beginning of their marriage most intimately. Before the baby came, of course. Which, also for the thousandth time, was not going to happen.

Plus, Hyena was no longer a problem. No push on marriage for Sehun now that she was in the picture. It’d be treacherous for Hyena’s family’s reputation if she involved herself in an affair with a married man.

“Are you up to something funny?” Namjoo suspected.

“No, of course not.” But his smile grew broader increasing Namjoo’s distrust. “And I’ll take you shopping.”

He was definitely up to something.

ꞜꞜꞜꞜꞜ

Assuming Namjoo was bored home all week, Sehun didn’t want her spending majority of her time home on the weekend. She deserved to enjoy herself. With him there, obviously.

Other than coming back home to see her, he most wanted to spend a whole day with her.

It was a little early for lunch, so he took her to the mall. Walk off that morning’s calories, get some exercise together. Sehun let her select shop. Went through the stores with her. This time he didn’t bother approving her choices.

Instead, he received, “Can you go away?” from her as she shuffled through the racks.

“Why?” he asked. “I just want to see what you like.”

“It’s not your business.” Namjoo waved him off. “Go, like, look at shoes or something.”

Sehun grinned, “I’m more interested in what you’re looking at.”

Groaning, Namjoo swiveled away. He stalked out of the shop after her. Namjoo was fast on her feet, intent on losing him through the busy mid-day crowd.

Hooking an arm around her neck, he wheeled her away from the escalator. “This way.”

“Sehun!” she yanked his arm from around her.

Grabbing her hand, they dodged an incoming janitor pushing a cleaning machine. He led her to a brightly light high-end store. “I should at least make sure you have nice clothes to wear. Mom might say something if I don’t update your wardrobe.” He gestured toward the countless racks and shelves. “Go and pick.”

Namjoo shot one of her infamous deep frowns. “I have many already.”

“Have some more.” He urged. Glancing at his watch he said, “Take your time. I’ll wait for you outside.”

Strangely, Namjoo only bought one outfit when he went to pay. He had assumed she’d take to advantage of his card and buy as much as possible to try to tick him off. That sounded much more like her, so he stared at the one blouse sitting on the stark white counter quietly. Beside him Namjoo impatiently waited. Eyeing him to the cashier awkwardly trapped between this couple.

“Are you done?” Namjoo asked.

Glancing around, Sehun pointed to a mannequin, “I want that dress and every other pant and skirt in her size.”

“Why don’t you just buy the whole store?” Namjoo said exasperated.

“Should I?” He raised his brows.

“No!” Namjoo shouted. Looking for the cashier who was missing from her post, she yelled, “Just get me the dress!”

Back to him, she pinched his arm.

“Ow!” he shrugged away.

“I’m done. Can we eat?” Namjoo huffed.

“Get me two more.” Sehun ordered the cashier when she returned. The woman’s face bloated irritated.

“Yes, sir.” She stiffly answered before dropping the dress stoically.

“Did you really have to do that?” Namjoo followed him out of the store.

He’d taken the six bags from her. He didn’t bother about the employee who was most likely seething and cursing at his back, and praying his car broke down on the road. Today he wanted to treat Namjoo.

He only cared about her today.

“Where are we going?” Namjoo asked when they got into his car.

“Somewhere nice.” He replied. “Put your seatbelt on.”

“Why are you being superbly nice to me?” Namjoo wondered. Warily studying him, she continued to suspect his motive, “You’re trying to bribe me. Tell me, what is it? What do you want?”

He laughed amused. “I don’t need anything.”

Shifting in her chair, Namjoo went on, “I’m serious.”

Giving her a quick peek, he assured, “Just have a nice lunch with me. And after that, do something with me.”

The frown returned. “Aren’t we already doing something? When are we going home?”

“You want to go already? When you already spent your entire week inside?”

“Well…” she hesitated.

“I reserved lunch.” He told.

“Where?”

“At the Pierre Gagnaire.”

Loudly gasping, Namjoo covered . “You’re lying! An entire meal costs at least $140!”

Lightly flicking her head, he said, “Relax. Are you paying?”

Lowering her shocked hands, Namjoo mumbled, “Oh, you’re right.”

When Namjoo was no longer paying attention to him, he smiled at her. Adoring her silly nature. Everything about her. The energetic vibe she presented so flawlessly. All of her was growing on him day by day.

He only wanted the best for her.

He yearned to know every part of her.

Share the happiness, anger, sadness, resentments, and regrets with her. To farther in the future.

The restaurant was located at the top floor of the Lotte Hotel. Providing the most stunning view of the city while restauranters dined surrounded by the flourishing blue-green mountains to the legendary palace, a popular attraction for tourists even locals.

Namjoo did the most to hide her ooohs and ahhs as they were led by a formally attired waiter in suave black. The outfit finished in white with a matching black bowtie to their crest white table. For a 3 Michelin star chef-run restaurant the lunch menu was befitting of his $500. From the deep wine list, he chose a random Cabernet Sauvignon that Namjoo took just one sip of then never touched again.

When they left, she whispered, “I prefer a beer.”

Sehun grinned. Of course, she would. She spent her life surrounded by alcoholic beverages, but he didn’t want that for her anymore. Casual drinks on special occasions he would allow, but no more drinking for her.

Patting her stomach in the elevator she said, “I’m so full I just want to sleep.”

Touching the small bulge of her stomach he teased, “Oh? The baby’s popping out.”

Urgently slapping his hand away Namjoo glared. Panic shooting the woman in the elevator with them a glance, she excused with a smile, “He’s joking.” Then resumed to hitting his arm.

Once inside his car, Namjoo scolded, “That was uncalled for!”

“I was joking. You even said it.” Sehun zipped the seatbelt over his body.

“You just want to embarrass me,” Namjoo accused.

Sehun scoffed. “Now that hurts. Besides, you are supposed to be.”

Leaning over she shoved him. “Shut up.”

“Ow, ok. I give up.” He surrendered.

Namjoo warned him with another stern glare.

Next stop, the park. Sehun rented a tandem bicycle for them to ride along a trail. Namjoo was not very keen about his choice.

“A bike?” She asked unimpressed. “That’s what you want to do? Can’t I just go home?”

Patting the front seat, he guaranteed, “It’ll be fun. I promise.”

“But why can’t we ride our own?” she gestured to the two-seated bike.

“Because,” was the single excuse he gave. Couldn’t really say he didn’t want to separate from her knowing full well if they rode individual bikes Namjoo was bound to leave him behind.

In other words, strengthen their relationship by sharing an activity.

Sehun didn’t mind if he had to do all the pedaling while Namjoo just admired the scenery and pedaled every fourth way. He would make up for what she chose not to do.

“Then after this, we’re going home.” Namjoo bargained.

“All right. We will.” Getting on he asked, “Are you ready?”

“Yea, yea.” Namjoo mumbled bored.

The biking trail was plain and simple. It shared the paved pathways with joggers and those out for a stroll. The playing fields and recreational areas were located at the heart of the park. Dense tree lines surrounded one side of the trail. On the opposite lush green grass filled an entire scenery where in the distance one could watch others play sports and go about their day having picnics.

Breathing fresh air felt good. Being under the open sky was another thing that made him feel wholesome. Sehun almost felt like he had everything in his hands. More alive today than any other.

“Are you bored?” he glanced back.

Shaking her head, “Actually, I’m having fun.”

That was the first sign that he felt he was doing something right this afternoon.

“Can I ride in the front?” Namjoo asked.

“Why? You’re going to speed, aren’t you?”

Namjoo foolishly laughed, caught.

“Fine.” He braked and climbed off his seat. “But if we fall it’s not my fault.”

“I’ll be careful.” Namjoo held her right hand up as they exchanged seats.

Grabbing the handle bars, he followed Namjoo’s lead. As he expected, she started off exceptionally fast like she was on a mission to compete with the wind. Sehun pedaled faster to stay in sync with her. Keeping an eye out for passersby or anyone heading their direction in case Namjoo was too absorbed in riding she forgot her surroundings.

Sehun caught sight of the round in the bend up ahead. Namjoo had to slow down if they were going to swiftly make it. Too late. A yelp here. Another shout there. A sharp pain cut through his shoulder as he listened to the whir of the wheels. Coming to when a heavy object disappeared off his leg and heard Namjoo’s panicked voice rising.

Her hands speedily patted him all over as he sat up groaning. “Oh my god, are you ok?” Cupping his face, she asked, “Can you hear me?” Turning his head to the side, “Say something!”

Pushing her hand away he murmured, “I’m fine.”

“Can you get up?” she worried.

“I think so.” His leg was sore. On second thought, he held out his hand, “Can you help me?”

She took his hand and wrapped the other around his arm. Gasping she reached up to touch his forehead, “You’re bleeding.” And then sounded more nervous when she caught the tear in his shirt where underneath his shoulder was scraped and bloody. “Should we go to the hospital?”

Shaking his head, he said, “Simple first aid should be fine.”

“But I think you hit your head.” Namjoo sounded distraught.

“Let’s just go home.”

“Ok.”

Up righting the bicycle, they returned it to the rental center. The rest of the way to his car he limped a little harder than necessary. Doing it so slyly just so he could lean on her.

Namjoo drove home in his stead. Driving carefully through traffic. Once it cleared, she ramped up speed toward the manor. She was probably steaming in guilt for playing it a little too hard at the park. Sehun planned to take advantage of it for his own gain.

It was a very rare occurrence that Namjoo was this concerned over him. He was loving every millisecond of it.

On the way up the stairs and through the manor he acted more in pain than he was really injured. Hissing a little here and there.

“I told you we should’ve gone to the hospital.” Namjoo emphasized when they closed in on his stucco home. “What if your mom and dad sees you?”

“They’d probably ask if you got hurt first.” Sehun remarked, which was 100% the truth.

Inside he dropped onto the couch stretching out his injured leg. Honestly it felt more bruised than anything. The only real injuries was the cut at the side of his forehead and the scrape on his shoulder. As Namjoo returned with some bandages and medical ointment he thought, “No pain, no gain.”

Sitting on the coffee table Namjoo observed the cut on his forehead, determining how critical the wound was. Pulling out a strip of bandage she explained, “It doesn’t look like a bad cut. As my mother might say, it’s not even a nick on the finger.”

“What does that mean?” he asked as she squeezed some of the ointment onto the cut.

“It’s not a real cut.”

Sehun held in his scoff feeling insulted. “Then you should have ridden the bike more carefully.”

“I know. I’m sorry.” Her apology made him want to pull back his words.

He closely watched as she peeled off the bandage and gently press it over his forehead. Maybe he should get injured more often so Namjoo would be this caring. Let him be this close to her.

His breath held when Namjoo’s fingers touched the button of his shirt to proceed to take it off. He knew, to get to the injury on his shoulder, but his heart hammered at the slight tension the movement created. Namjoo paused as if also realizing the suggestive mistake.

Withdrawing her hands embarrassed, she said flustered, “You…you do it.”

Trying not to gulp too loudly he slowly ed his shirt. At the same time stealing a peek or two of Namjoo’s iron clad posture. Regretfully she had averted her eyes.

“I’m done.” He said, but when Namjoo shifted to him she hardly met his gaze. A shade of pink heated her cheeks as she touched his shoulder, her fingers feather-light across his skin. A tingling sensation spread up his spine invitingly.

The soft of his heart melted the longer he peered into her flushed face. Promising not to get too ahead of himself, but could not stop thinking. Someday Namjoo might not be shy anymore. Their eyes could lock and kiss. Their skin might brush.

Because Dear Namjoo, I think I love like you. Let’s have a real baby had taken him a total of four hours and twelve minutes to courageously write.

As long as she was ready. And when she felt the same.

Kim Namjoo had already conquered his heart.


***and now it sits in his belly lolololol