Wifey & Hubby

Ace of Hearts

Winding an arm around her waist again, Sehun tugged her closer. Plastering a hand against his arm she writhed.

“Let go, will you?” Namjoo hissed. “Your girlfriend is watching.”

“So is mom and dad and the rest of my family,” Sehun lowered his voice. “Be good. They think the baby is making you sick and that I came to get you.”

“You know that’s not true!” Namjoo retorted as they approached the ballroom.

“Shh…”

She yelped as his breath tickled her ear and waved her hand between them. Sehun had to be the best actor, because he simply ignored her. Graciously smiling, attention focused ahead.

He was right. Crowding around the entrance was his family expectantly waiting for her return.

“There they are!” A voice came from somewhere.

“Dear!” Sehun’s mother raced toward her. Touching her arm, “Are you all right?” Pressing the back of her hand against her forehead, she worried, “You’re not sick?”

“Mother, I’m fine.”

“The baby must be excited is all. Don’t think about anything and have fun,” she stressed. “Come along now. The music will be starting. The first dance is yours and Sehun’s.”

“Dance?” Namjoo’s irises widened.

Explaining no more some woman she didn’t recognize excitedly pushed her and Sehun forward. Tables had been pushed out of the way to form a superficial dance floor. That was right where they ended up. Gathering was a crowd erupting with high energy. Majority of them flashing their cameras prepared to record or take numerous pictures.

The attention was horrifying!

“It better be just one song,” Namjoo murmured.

She gasped when Sehun drew his arm further around her waist. So close their hips glued.

Palming his chest, she warned, “Hey, watch it.”

“They’re watching,” he reminded. Settling the opposite hand at the low of her back, he reminded her, “We love each other, remember?”

Her brows twined detesting this.

Namjoo’s lips parted when he abruptly dove in even closer putting his mouth right next to her ear. Softly teasing her skin with his breath, “Don’t look at me like that. Someone might see.”

He actually laughed joyfully after withdrawing. Namjoo bared her teeth irate unable to comprehend what the hell was up with him today. Hadn’t he just run into his ex earlier? He should be pining after her. Longing, mourning the loss of their relationship. Be downright moody, sad, something.

A slow song loudly flowed from the speakers forcing her to go with the flow. On the bright side she didn’t have to spend the entirety of the song locking eyes with him. Sehun leaned so far in her face brushed right into his shoulder as they swayed back and forth on the dance floor, holding one another. The weight of his head brushed past the curve of her neck as he tightly held her.

Whatever he was doing she didn’t want to know.

While a melodious chorus lengthened, she sunk into the heat of his body, the width of his shoulder. Actually as comfortable as she recalled the first time she rode on his back and put her head there. Where she’d slept the morning of their wedding photoshoot.

Speaking of the photos, she’d seen the finished products displayed right outside the doors. Humongous posters of her and Sehun intimately sharing gazes. The other of him kissing but not really kissing her at the forefront. Shivers raced up and down her spine when she saw them.

Never again, she thought.

The dance was over as quick as it started. Hurriedly removing herself from Sehun she mentally shook off the touch of him lifting her head when a figure approached.

“Mind if I have the next dance, brother?” A smile of mischief played his lips. “I’d like to welcome our beautiful sister-in-law into our family with one dance.”

“Sehun!” Hyena approached nabbing his attention. “I’ve been trying to look all over for you!”

He didn’t wait a beat for Sehun’s reply. Snaking an arm around her Hwayi swayed her to the side as the next song hit the air.

Dancing with her ballroom style, Hwayi started, “I can’t believe you got married. I miss seeing you at the club.”

“Oh…” Namjoo tried a failing laugh, “well, you see…”

“So, how’d you two meet?” Sehun’s cousin cut her off. Leaning right into her face he teased, “The same way we did? How much did he offer?”

Sweating anxiously, Namjoo shrank backwards.

Was he about to end her right now?

Cackling boisterously Hwayi exclaimed, “I’m joking, Namjoo. What are you being so serious for?”

“Of…of course!” Namjoo loudly stammered internally screaming relieved. “I knew you were.”

She stumbled backwards when Sehun bombarded them. Shooting one glance at Hwayi then her. “I don’t want you to dance with her anymore.”

Namjoo opened to retaliate, but Sehun grabbed her hand leading her off the dance floor. Curious relatives stared yet no one bothered enough to stop them. Bride and groom were in their own untouchable bubble now. Might as well enjoy the rest of the late afternoon and leave the lovebirds to their nest.

“Sit down,” Sehun ordered arriving at their empty table.

“What?” she pouted. Sinking down she purposely poked at him well aware he hated it, “Weren’t you having a good time with your wannabe wife?”

“She’s not!” his tone aggravatedly rose. Quickly sweeping the room in case anyone heard he spun to her, voice quieting, “Stop it. You know she’s nothing. Will you stop pinning her on me like that?”

“Then,” changing tactics, she went with, “your girlfriend? I can feel she wanted to talk to you. She even came to your wedding. Ouch. How it must hurt to see your boyfriend tying the knot with someone else.”

Sehun really glared.

Clearing , a little sorry, she asked more gently, “You’re not even going to give her the time of day?”

His eyes pinched back. Really saying nothing.

“How cold of you.” Namjoo commented. “You were so desperate about her months ago when you snagged me.”

Sehun ignored her.

“That’s what I thought.” She notoriously spat.

The duration of the banquet lasted a total of two hours. Luckily, she and Sehun were allowed to be chauffeured home early. To spend time together alone of course. Take advantage of it, his mother had giggled, as if they had anything else to do.

Beginning tomorrow Sehun had a four-day vacation. They could rest as much as possible. In each other’s presence obviously. As it was intended, the honeymoon period is the most special part of a marriage. Before the baby came and her belly grew, this was the time, his father egged them on with a few winks here and there.

No thanks.

The worst part of this honeymoon period was that she and Sehun weren’t even flying out anywhere. Enjoy extravaganzas in Europe or tour the local beaches in Australia. A real disappointment in Namjoo’s book.

The shower was where Namjoo went right after getting in. Didn’t even wait for Sehun to catch up. She had impatiently called for Cleaner Jin to help her out of the dress. She would die before allowing Sehun to touch her again. Aid her out of the dress? No way in hell!

Scrubbing the makeup off furiously, Namjoo continued washing every part of her she felt Sehun had touched at the wedding hall. Even took extra measure brushing her teeth. Using mouthwash twice.

Now free and relaxed, she went into Sehun’s room rubbing a towel over her damp hair. Sehun was zipping her wedding gown up into its protective cover and transferring it to the walk-in closet for safe keeping.

If he was trying to be good there was no need. Namjoo could have done it herself. What were her hands and feet for?

Pivoting toward the bed she froze. Scanning the bed three times for certainty.

She wasn’t wrong.

The long pillow was missing.

“Where is it?” left . The towel slipped from her hand stunned. Whirling around she went to look for Sehun in the closet.

“Where is it?” she repeated more frantically.

Sehun wondered, “Where’s what?”

ing an arm out, “The long pillow!” Her voice grew manic. “It’s missing!”

Searching past her, Sehun monotonously answered, “I gave it away.”

“You what?!” Namjoo screeched. A spiral of heat thickened inside her chest.

The mere thought of touching or brushing against Sehun mid-sleep made her skin crawl. Who was he that she’d want to sleep with?

No one close!

“Exactly,” Sehun calmly responded. “Now that we’re married, why would we need it?”

Lifting her hands up she nearly ripped out her hair. “We’re not married! I’m not even having a baby! I will not share that bed with you!”

Namjoo was about to go nuts.

She caught a glint in his eyes she didn’t quite want to read. Whether he was being playful or trying to or really taking this seriously, Namjoo didn’t want to observe him anymore.

A growing discomfort made her nervous.

Namjoo backed up when he stepped forward. Nowhere to go when she bumped into the centerpiece drawer. Arching away as Sehun leaned forward. Stretching an arm out past her hip he gripped onto the drawer, as if to block her escape. Yet there was still the other direction to run, but her brain started malfunctioning.

She noticed the broadness of his chest as he inched closer to narrow the space between them.

For some odd reason she didn’t look away. Catching that strange spark in the depth of his eyes again.

“Then,” Sehun said, “should we make the baby real?”

Slapping his chest, she pushed him away racing out of the closet at the speed of light, scurrying into bed dragging the covers up to her chin.

ꞜꞜꞜꞜꞜ

“Jerk!” Namjoo shrieked.

Scoffing a laugh, Sehun grabbed his change of clothes. He’d expected at least that from her. From day two he’d waited to get rid of the long pillow. The bed was already divided. Each possessed their own side. What did it matter? In the end, fact was they still shared one bed.

Namjoo wasn’t visible when he crossed the space to the bathroom. Gone as far as to hide under the blanket, but he could still make out her figure.

Sehun would let her be.

When he came out from his shower, Namjoo was still hidden. Unmoving. Curious if she was really going to keep up this streak, he went to pull the blanket away. They could scuffle, have some kind of confrontation, or something to reason this out.

He still didn’t plan to bring that long pillow back.

Namjoo was already knocked out. Exhausted enough that was parted funnily. Breathing a laugh amused Sehun leaned over to further pull the blanket down to her shoulders. She was constantly wasting so much energy to have it out with him and for what? To go to sleep with her jaw slacked.

Skimming a hand across her face he adjusted so it wouldn’t hurt later. She was really something.

Switching the lights off Sehun crept into bed. Keeping to his side the way Namjoo wanted it. He, too, fell asleep pretty fast.

The sun had just assaulted the skyline when his mental clock woke him. The room was not yet bright. It took a moment for him to remember he wouldn’t be going to work. Stretching with a gasp he shifted onto his left. Namjoo was curled up facing him. Her head had slipped off her pillow. An arm angled upward like she was about to her thumb.

Smiling at the sweet sight he pulled the blanket over her shoulder again to keep her warm. Resting his hand gently on her arm continuing to watch over her.

Growing restless and unable to sleep anymore he woke up. Namjoo could sleep in until late afternoon. He didn’t really care. There were no plans for today. He really was aiming to rest and relax.

Heading into the kitchen he made a cup of coffee. One sip and he lowered the cup. Eyeing the gold ring on his finger with awe. Tapping the piece of jewelry against the ceramic mug he grinned.

Strange how something tiny brought on a new bout of air.

From now on he was really regarded as someone’s husband.

If that didn’t have a fluttering ring to it, he didn’t know how else to describe it. Stepping onto the patio Sehun arched his head back to feel the wind. Soaking in the reality yesterday he’d gotten married.

Reminiscing Namjoo in her gown. Coming toward him one step at a time.

Kissing her.

Kind of laughing he lifted the mug to his mouth for a sip of coffee.

“Are you finally going crazy?” Spinning around surprised he choked and spat out the coffee. It spurt everywhere.

Yelping Namjoo jumped back swiping at her clothes. Dark stains now on them.

She screeched, “Sehun!”

Wiping his mouth with his hand he started, “You surprised me. I didn’t hear you.”

“That’s why you’re crazy!” She yelled. Spinning around she stomped off inside.

Flabbergasted, Sehun stared at the remnants from the coffee waterfall on the floorboards. He didn’t think he was too lost in thought. Namjoo had been sleeping so soundly he didn’t expect her to be up this soon.

“Sorry,” he first apologized when Namjoo came back down in new clothes. “I didn’t know you were up.”

“Why would you know?” She shot. “Unless you were peeping at me the entire time.”

Gosh. Her and her feisty mouth.

“Did you sleep well?” he hoped for a change of better topic.

He didn’t want the first day of husband and wife to be full of bantering.

Namjoo nodded. Touching her nape, she wound her neck in a circle. “My neck hurts.”

He followed her to the table. Sitting down he offered, “Do you want a massage?”

Jumping back in her seat she snarled, “ert! Is that all you can think about?”

Gasping appalled, he asked, “Why am I the ert? Maybe the one who’s always thinking about who’s the ert is the real ert.”

Tongue-tied Namjoo flailed her shoulders childishly. “That’s not fair.”

“Neither is calling your husband a ert.”

Throwing her head to the side, Namjoo asked, “Who is calling who a husband now?”

“Me, of course. Who else is going to be your husband?”

“God, what a joke.” Putting her foot up, Namjoo ran her fingers through her hair.

“Put your foot down.” He told.

Scowling, Namjoo did as directed. “Are you really not going to work?”

“Why?”

“I don’t want to be stuck home with you all day.” Namjoo complained.

“Then,” the corner of his lips inched up, “I better stay home, don’t you think?”

Namjoo bit her lower lip agitated.

“As your dear wife,” pressing a hand to her chest overemphasizing her sympathy, “I feel you should go. You’re going to be soooo bored.”

Amused, he countered, “Oh? Wifey?”

“Don’t call me that.” She snapped. The previous act quickly vanished.

“If you refer to yourself as mine, why can’t I call you that?” he teased.

Namjoo’s expression grew terse. “Stop it. It’s not even real!" Giving up she went with, "Call me when breakfast is ready!”

Shoving her chair back she stomped off. Sehun laughed happy.

His attention burst to the fore when the front door opened and synonomous voices entered his home.

His mom.

Getting up he went into the other room to find his mother and a delivery man at the door.

“I was worried you weren’t up yet,” his mother chirped gladly. “We shouldn’t let the pictures go to waste. Let’s find a place to hang them up, shall we?”

As the deliveryman entered his home, he caught sight of the poster size portrait the photographer had taken. At the front was the picture of him barely kissing her.

“What?” Namjoo blurted dumbfounded. She, too, was gaping at their shots. “Why are they here?”

The smirk on his face increased. “The bedroom. Let’s put them in the bedroom.”

Namjoo pivoted toward him so fast he grinned harder.

He was going to enjoy this new life.