The Beauty of Happiness

Ace of Hearts

Namjoo hardly looked at him when they withdrew. Out of breath. Kind of yearning for a little more. Her lips glistened. She was flushing so hard. In case she ran away he pulled her into his chest, squeezing her in his arms right against his pulsating heart.

Listen to his heart. Hear every lovely thing he wanted to tell her.

Sehun was one for Namjoo.

Only.

Pushing back but not enough that she escaped from his arms, Namjoo’s lids fluttered. “I…I’m going to shower!”

Twisting away she raced up the stairs. Sehun watched her disappear before laughing joyously.

ꞜꞜꞜꞜꞜ

Namjoo stared at the wall. Anxious about this giddiness inside her chest. Couldn’t exactly pinpoint why or how. But it’d been done and she could still taste Sehun.

Gulping, she curled the blanket into an uneasy fist. In bed. On her side. Waiting for Sehun to finish washing up.

Ok, so now that she’d kissed him, how was she supposed to face him?

She was so embarrassed! Knowing this was just what he’d been waiting for! And she’d caved!

Now what?!

Namjoo nibbled her lower lip when the door clicked open. Lights went out and she felt Sehun’s weight climb onto the bed. Her unsteady heart raced. Her nerves sizzled. Tensing a little. Imagining the laser rays of his stare on her back. Hoping. Waiting. Being patient.

Magnetically pulling her toward him.

It thudded. Her heart pitter-pattering.

Dying from the need to satisfy her hunger she flipped around to see just what she had imagined. Sehun on his side staring at her back, now her. Through the almost dark she saw the smile climbing onto his handsome face, fulfilling his beautiful features.

Can I hug you; she could almost hear him asking?

Crossing the invisible line she’d drawn between them, Namjoo snuggled into the warmth of his chest. Tasting the security there as she drew an arm around him. Though she’d never seen him workout but watch his workout videos, his back felt toned and strong. She tried not to think too far into the muscles there or the strength of his body.

Touching…feeling…

She smelled his shirt, the musky scent of his after-wash. Thought about the stupid smile on his face as he hugged her. This the moment he’d waited for and she’d fallen prisoner tonight.

Namjoo didn’t want to admit. His love was fresh. So nice. But she couldn’t stop thinking about the future and consequences.

“Does it hurt?”

“Of course, it does.”

“Thanks, for coming with me.”

Namjoo blinked feeling her eyelids brush against the fabric of his shirt. Soft…nice… Sehun was so sturdy. She was really letting him hold her.

She was hugging him.

“Yea…you’re welcome.” She quietly said.

The quiet of the night hummed in. His heart was beating fast. The validation that he was overly happy. Once more Namjoo sunk into a boat of embarrassment that he was so serious about her.

How could he?

Why was he?

What was it about her that was so special to him?

Soaking in the peace she spent the night listening to his heart pump. In the morning she had shifted back to her side of the bed, sleeping on her own, no longer wrapped in Sehun’s arms. Namjoo budged drowsily when something poked her head. Then again. She flailed a hand at the annoyance tiredly.

Finally irritated enough she spun around glaring to see Sehun’s finger hovering midair about to bother her again. He was up. Laying propped up on an elbow, head resting into the palm of his hand. The snarky grin on his face told her he’d been up a while.

“Quit it!” she warned.

“Wake up.” He said.

“It’s Sunday! I’m going to sleep in!” Draping the blanket over her head she turned her back to him.

Leaping forward Sehun jumped on her, crushing her beneath the blanket. Namjoo screeched, squirming her way out of the sheet.

“Sehun!” she belched escaping out of bed, her hair a tangled mess around her head. Defeated she stomped a foot childishly. He smirked victoriously, but instead of playfully he came off hot and y on top of the blanket flustering her.

Consumed with heat Namjoo raced forward to cover him with the blanket before running out of the room.

Slamming the door to the bathroom shut Namjoo jostled herself awake. God, what was she thinking? The image of Sehun lingered stubbornly in her mind. Stomping over to the sink she splashed ice cold water onto her face.

As if by some sort of signal Sehun stepped out of his bathroom when she returned for a change of clothes. He’d washed his face and brushed his teeth, too. Quickly turning away in order not to check him out, Namjoo forged on into the walk-in closet.

In order not to heed him, Namjoo purposely focused a little too hard on shuffling through her clothes. With little doubt she was beginning to sweat nervously.

“I evacuated the house.” Sehun announced joining her in the closet.

Abruptly whirling toward him she snapped, “What are you up to?”

“So that we can be alone.”

Snatching a random hanger with a skirt she pointed it at him like a sword. “Just because of yesterday don’t go thinking I’m that easy!

Sehun raised a brow. “What do you think we’re doing?”

Reddening, Namjoo stuttered, “I…you…you…”

“Chill,” Sehun calmed. “I told the workers to take the day off. You probably don’t want to be seen with your face freshly bruised. I ordered them to buy some meat and take off.”

Namjoo blanked slightly mortified by her own stupidity.

The soft of his enchanting smile made her heart race again. “I’ll cook for you today.”

That was the truth. Numerous grocery bags consisting of pork ribs, steak, shrimp, random vegetables, and chicken wings took up the kitchen island. A big charcoal grill was stationed on his patio, pulled from somewhere unknown. Maybe brought over from the manor?

“You know how to do this?” Namjoo questioned watching as he seasoned and prepared the meats.

“I told you we camp during the summer,” Sehun recalled. “We do all the cooking outside.” Peeking at her, “The yearly vacation should be coming up soon.”

“You’re not serious?” A pending frown inched across her expression.

“Mom and dad will want to talk about it soon,” Sehun informed. “Aunt Na and uncle will be coming for it.” He added with distaste, “And Hwayi.” At her again, “Don’t go anywhere near him.”

“Are you saying that for you or me?” Namjoo tried.

He kind of grinned but didn’t say.

For a good half hour Namjoo choked and waved away smoke at the charcoal grill as she watched Sehun mill around it busily. Escaping inside to make kabobs, running back and forth, and inhaling the scent of meat when possible. To keep her occupied, Sehun also allowed her to dig into his stash of liquor to mix a couple of drinks.

The house was empty. They were alone today. This was the time to unwind and destress. No one would catch her enjoying a few drinks.

Outside, sipping from her glass, Namjoo resumed watching Sehun grill. So casual he was today. In white t-shirt and slacks as if he didn’t know how to dress comfortably, never heard of the word sweats.

“Hey!” he scolded whenever she picked up slices of beef or a shrimp to eat. Clicking his tongue at her. “If you’re full you won’t be able to eat later.”

Pressing a hand to her chest, she exclaimed, “I’m always hungry. Plus, it’s afternoon. This can’t be considered breakfast anymore, so technically these few bites are my late breakfast.”

“Ten.” Sehun corrected. When she frowned, he clarified, “Ten bites.”

Sticking her tongue out at him she mocked, “Ten.”

Making a face at her he ordered, “Where’s mine?”

“In the fridge.”

“I want it.”

“Go get it yourself.”

Sehun’s stare seemed to penetrate the thick of her skull. Giving up Namjoo went back inside with a defiant hmph!

They ate brunch when Sehun brought the food inside. Eating a hearty meal of her favorites at the usual table like what they’d been doing the past few months. Namjoo tore through the meat, the shrimp, the kabobs, and giggled when she burped and Sehun heard.

Sehun did the honors of dishwashing as she drained the rest of her drink. Doing her best to quiet her next oncoming burp. She heard him muffle a laugh at the sink as if he knew.

Drying his hands afterwards, he asked, “You want another cup?”

Nodding Namjoo walked toward the counter where the Disaronno and soda sat. She stared questionably when Sehun stole her cup.

“Let me make it.”

“Do you even know the ratio?” Namjoo doubted his knowledge.

“I’ll give you more soda.” He promised. “I don’t need you drunk.”

“Excuuuuse me!” Putting hands on her hips, Namjoo bet, “My drinking capacity is bigger than yours. Need I remind you the first time I drove you home?”

“On the bright side, no driving today, right?” Sehun bopped her nose as he finished, grabbed his unfinished cup and went back outside.

Namjoo shook her head befuddled. “Hey!”

Snatching her glass, she went outside after him. Sehun was sitting on the back steps. Decreasing her pace, she crossed the distance to him.

“It’d be prettier if the sun was setting,” Namjoo commented sitting beside him.

“It doesn’t have to be remarkable to be eye catching,” Sehun said. “The sun isn’t setting, but the clouds are clear and the blue is pretty.”

Namjoo stared objectively at him through the corner of her lids. “Ok, just say I’m wrong.”

They lay of the land was empty. Whatever blossoming wild flower was fluttering. Every studded tree stood strong and rooted to home. Sun was still high and the day not quite dawning. Time was waning like her resistance to Sehun.

“Namjoo,” he started, “I’ve already made my decision. When are you going to make yours?”

Rubbing her thumb against the glass Namjoo dove her attention to her bare feet. “I feel small, Sehun. I didn’t go to college like your classmates or study abroad like Jin. I don’t get paid five or six digits yearly. The sun can shine prettily, but everything in my life doesn’t.” Looking at him, she said, “Sometimes I think you’re crazy.”

“Maybe I am.” He smiled a tiny one. “I can give you the house, Namjoo. Be it everything I own. Every single dollar. Whatever you don’t have, you can have here. I can also guarantee, the sun shines strongest here.”

Namjoo scoffed humored. Taking light of his words. Trying not to take him seriously. The joke died as did the fast growing smile when he touched her face. Gentle fingers skimming her injured cheek.

So intimate a touch the atmosphere transitioned fuzzily. Namjoo’s breath held. Too late to back away and play pretend. Last night she had kissed him, hugged him to sleep, and woke up a different person.

Namjoo also wanted to stop warring with herself. No more conflicts. No more pushing and shoving.

The answer was very clear. Just a yes or a no.

One answer. She could have it all.

“Stay with me.”

Their eyes held. The purity of his emotions swam there. Every single letter of every word calling out to her.

Maybe she could face this.

Maybe she could love him. Accept the here and now, not worry about what lay ahead. The future was for later.

Her date was with the present.

“I’ll stay.”

“And live with me.”

A smile flowered across her lips. His desires were endless. The part about that also humored her in a good way. Regardless, Sehun sent her heart fluttering wildly.

“I’ll live with you.”

She felt him scan her face. Down to her nose. Past her lips. Inching closer he slowly kissed her. Being so soft with her. Firmly grinning as he removed himself. One look into his starry irises made her blush. Their hands twined as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

ꞜꞜꞜꞜꞜ

Sehun peeked into the kitchen to hear water running. Namjoo was at the sink scrubbing the grill rack after washing their glasses. No trace evidence they’d been drinking should be left behind. He’d said to worry about cleaning tomorrow, but Namjoo had insisted. He knew, to get away from him. Nice try though.

He was already captivated by her yes. Namjoo giving him a token of her heart made him even greedier. Much more things to do in the days coming. For she was his and for a long time, only his.

Creeping up behind her he linked his arms around her. Resting his head against hers, he repeated, “I said to leave them for tomorrow.”

“They’re…so…dirty!” she exclaimed ignoring him and resumed scrubbing the black grills aggressively.

Breathing an amused grin, he continued leaning into her. Stretching an arm out he touched her hand. “Let it soak in water for a few hours.”

Lathering her hands with soap he rinsed off the grime and grease. Killing the faucet, he let the silence settle. Could hear nothing but the fast thumping of her heart against his chest. He was mesmerized by each one of her feelings whether they were insignificant or not. The fact that she was feeling something toward him made it all the greater.

Rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand, he quietly said, “Let’s have the baby. It’s getting late. Mom and dad are going to be expecting something. We can make it up to them at least.”

Removing his hand, she turned around. Unease spread through her taut expression.

Combing a hand up the side of her face into her silky hair, he apologized, “I’m sorry for dragging you down with me. I promise you won’t be trapped here as just my wife or a mother.”

“Actually,” Namjoo admitted, “I’m tired of lying to everyone.”

Softly smiling, he comforted, “Me, too.”

He watched her bite her inner lip.

“Are you scared?”

Namjoo innocently nodded her head. “Honestly, I never thought about having a baby.”

“You’re not alone.” His grin broadened. Their eyes anxiously met, skittered elsewhere, and returned. His breathing heightened. Sehun hesitated before diving in to kiss her. Craning her neck back she opened , meeting his tongue.

Electrified he kissed her harder. Bumping into the sink she gasped. Grabbing her arm, he tugged her forward, closer. A hand gripped his arm, the other his shirt. Desperation rippled through him. Panting, his mouth strayed to her cheek all the way up to her ear. He pecked her lobe then traveled all the way to her neck nibbling, tasting, dragging his tongue in the wake of his kisses.

Her long hair tangled up in his fist. All the blood and energy surged lower. Namjoo clung onto him increasing the heat, rubbing her body into him. He listened to her breathing become erratic, her s bobbed in reply. He imagined her form and crying under him and grew hard.

Sehun’s legs grew wobbly and ended up pushing her into the sink again. Namjoo cried out.

“S…sorry…”

She scoffed a laugh that probably wasn’t supposed to turn him on, but it effortlessly did. Feeling the band of her sweats he took again. Namjoo whimpered anticipating the touch of his hand.

“Oh my god!” A voice shrieked.

Their hearts slammed as they broke free. Sehun turned to find the culprit, Cleaner Jin, standing at the kitchen entrance mortified, her bag dangling off her elbow swinging back and forth. Her oval mouth hung open; eyes so huge the whites of them made her eyeballs look like black dots.

“Oh…oh…” she moaned horrified. Jittery she pivoted a step at a time like a mechanic robot. When the door finally shut, he and Namjoo burst into girlish giggles.


***/wiggles brows/