chapter 9

FOREVER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*it’s Saturday evening.

 

“you ready?”, luhan asks sehun who is now looking at the decorations around their house.

Sehun only sighed as a reply.

Luhan knew that his recent behaviour was really upsetting.

He had been a very bad brother to sehun.

Luhan went near sehun and placed a hand on his shoulder.

 

“I am sorry” sehun just gave a soft look to luhan.

“I know”, luhan was surprised by sehun’s reply.

“Why are you looking at me like this?

I know you really don’t mean anything you say and do luhan.

And I know how you regret about it later too” Sehun said.

“you are 90% fake luhan. But, I am your brother lu. I know you.”

Both brothers are now looking at each other

 

“I am a bad actor, isn’t I ?” luhan asked while scratching the back of his neck

“not really. Your acting in front of minseok was high class.” Sehun did a thumb up.

Luhan just smirked. But soon he got serious.

“I shouldn’t have said that much to him.” He sighed.

Sehun was about to say something when their father came and interrupted them.

 

“boys, Mr Kim is here. Come and welcome him. And remember he is going to be family soon. So, behave.”

Mr. Oh said in a stern voice.

 

“Mr. kim, welcome welcome” Mr. Oh said while giving a welcoming hug to him.

“thank you” Mr. Kim replied.

“and, where is my future son-in-law.” Mr. Oh said while looking around.

“he will be here soon. His friend is accompanying him.

And boys, both of you look absolutely stunning.

Mr. Kim said while looking at luhan & sehun.

Both of them just smiled back.

 

“uh, sehun, I have a doubt?” luhan & sehun are now at the entrance to welcome their guests.

“what?”

“minseok has no mother or what? We didn’t see her yet.”

“you don’t know? They are divorced.” Sehun said while bowing at one of the guests.

“oh” luhan’s face suddenly became dull

“I know why you are suddenly upset. Luhan-” sehun turned to luhan and continued;

“minseok’s life was not at all better than us.”

 

“true” suddenly they were interrupted by yixing.

Luhan gave a questioning look at yixing and for sehun, his eyes were on someone else who came along with yixing.

Yixing ignored luhan’s look and continued; “at least you had your brother beside you lu. Minseok was alone.”

“Thanks for helping in increasing my guilt “ luhan said while giving a murderous look at yixing.

 

“xing… who is that behind you?” sehun asked curiously. He knows he had seen him somewhere but was not able to recognize him.

It was now yixing saw how sehun was looking at his plus one.

“oh, this is my cousin, Junmyeon”. Yixing introduced him to luhan & sehun.

It was really hard for yixing to convince junmyeon to attend this party.

But at last, he was able to convince him that, in order to move on,

he should attend the party and witness everything.

Junmyeon also thought he may feel a little better after seeing his friend’s happiness.

But that was a huge mistake.

After seeing sehun it’s becoming so hard for him to forget his feelings.

The look that sehun is giving him is not helping either.

 

Soon jongin & chanyeol also arrived with kyungsoo , who was jongin’s plus one.

 

“oh, look my son-in-law is here”. These words of Mr. Oh took everyone’s attention

and all are now looking towards the main entrance.

 

There stands minseok and Baekhyun.

Unlike sehun and luhan, he is not wearing a suit.

A pure white shirt tucked in black pants, nothing special.

But his newly dyed white hair and that small shining earring made him absolutely gorgeous.

His gummy smile and the small spotlight over him made him look like an angel.

 

Sehun just smiled seeing him.

But on the other hand, luhan was speechless.

Their eyes met suddenly, making them both still.

Luhan felt like the world stopped around him.

Minseok’s eyes were telling something to him which was hard for him to understand.

But, he was sure that they were telling something. But what was it?

 

It was minseok who took the eyes away from him.

He is now standing opposite to them with Baekhyun on his side and his father on another side.

He had asked Baekhyun to accompany him so that he will have someone to hold on to.

 

While everyone’s eyes were on minseok, chanyeol was looking at Baekhyun.

He was really shocked to see him here.

And he is relieved that he didn’t bring any one with him.

 

“why is he here?” chanyeol asked kyungsoo while looking at baekhyun.

While on the other hand kyungsoo is shocked to see both minseok and Baekhyun.

“so, minseok was the guy?”, instead of answering chanyeol, kyungsoo asked jongin.

“yah, You know him?”

“I told you about having lunch with my roommate and Baekhyun’s roommate, right?”

Jongin nodded.

He continued; “minseok is Baekhyun’s roommate” (kyungsoo had introduced junmyeon a while before)

“oh…” both jongin and chanyeol got their answer.

 

“attention everyone” Mr. oh was no standing in the middle of the hall with a mike in his hand.

Everyone had their attention to him now.

“first of all, I thank all of you for joining in our little happiness.

I know you all were invited here to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.

But, there is something else going to happen too” he said with a big smile.

 

Sehun, luhan and minseok felt like their heart was beating fastly.

It’s finally happening.

They knew it will happen today, but still, they are not ready.

 

Mr. oh continued; “as some of you know, today one of my sons is going to get engaged.

And, my future son-in-law is non-other than Mr. kim’s eldest son-minseok.

Minseok, please come here.” Mr. oh gestured minseok to come to the center.

“now, it’s time dear. Please say your man’s name loudly” Mr. oh handed the mike to minseok.

With shivering hands, he took the mike. He was totally a nervous wreck.

He felt sweat forming on his forehead.

He gently closed his eyes.

 

On the other side, luhan’s and sehun’s condition was not any different.

Luhan had his eyes closed. He doesn’t know what to hope for.

His brain is hoping for minseok to say sehun’s name.

But, his mind was confusing him.

 

 

Sehun felt like he wants to go away from there. So he slowly turned back.

But what he saw there was again confusing.

Junmyeon was looking at him.

‘And was that tears in his eyes?’ sehun thought.

But soon Mr. Oh’s sound interrupted everyone and sehun looked forward.

 

“I am eager to know the name, so, fastly minseok.” He said

 

Minseok slowly opened his eyes. His hold on the mike got tight.

The mike was now touching his lips. He again closed his eyes and said his future husband’s name.

“LUHAN”

A lonely tear escaped his eyes.

Luhan’s eyes were shot open after hearing his name.

People were cheering loudly around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter