Ch 04

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04 | Acceptance

 

 

***

 

 

"Hyun, I don't neither know too." says Tiffany as she takes her seat across her friend, still in the process of absorbing the news. Her lips are parted as her mind is not functioning at the moment.

 

A bitter smile formed on Seohyun's lips. She expects her friend's reaction. As of now, she only wanted to know the doe-eyed so she can think of better action. She's already stressed with work and now another thing comes to make her more stressed. It's totally making her insane the more she thinks of her pregnancy.

 

 

:::

 

 

Walking inside the company's lab, Yul was greeted immediately with empty except for one particular young man in the corner of the room, silently working. He approached him nonchalantly and patted his shoulder. 

 

"You will be the next Steve Jobs if you don't take a break, Im Yoong."

 

Yoong jumped in surprise as he looked up to see Yul, smiling at him. "You're still here?"

 

"I should ask the same. Get up, it's almost midnight, punk." Yul instructed, patting his shoulder again. He turned to guide him out. "I'll limit your time in this lab from now on. I don't want you to overstressed the new project." 

 

"I'm fine though. I'm just really like this if I want the error to fix it right away." explained Yoong sheepishly while walking behind the older, carrying his backpack over his shoulders. They walked out of the lab and headed to the lift.

 

"Nah, you have all the days to fix it. Learn to relax, will you? I barely recognize you now with your eyebags." chuckled Yul as he shakes his head slowly.

 

Yoong nodded in understanding. "Okay." And he decided to comply.

 

"You and Seohyun... you guys seemed closer than I thought. Although you barely meet recently, these past weeks, I've seen you guys have been comfortable with each other." A brief teasing smile formed on Yul's lips as he glances at the doe-eyed on his right. For weeks, he witnessed the two being a little distant at first but then eventually they got along and would converse during Seohyun's break every shoot. He saw everything and it makes him think they know each other back then.

 

"No, we're not. Um, we're friends. Good friends." smiled Yoong. For weeks since he started working with Seohyun as well, he had started to really feel comfortable again with the young actress but still couldn't open up as he felt remorse for ghosting her admitting his own mistake as well. He's ready to forgive her but the guilt of hurting her is stopping him to do so. But at least they're good friends, just not the same anymore when they knew each other in college. 

 

"Can I ask you something?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

*ding*

 

Both bachelors walked inside when the lift arrived. 

 

"Did she share she's dating right now?" 

 

The question got Yoong stunned. "Why... why are you asking?" and it confused him.

 

Yul giddily smiled on his own. "I actually like her... and hopefully I will have a chance to court her. She's not dating apparently right? I mean, she's an actress and most of them focus on their careers than date." he stares at Yoong back with furrows eyebrows.

 

"She's... single." Yoong replied a bit hesitant, couldn't stare back anymore. It suddenly made him uncomfortable but he's more of... worried?

 

"I see. Thanks, Yoong." patted Yul on the younger guy's back. "Maybe next week, I'll start sending flowers." And he got excited. "What do you think? Will she accept me? I mean my courtship?"

 

Reluctant, Yoong smiled a little and just nod his head. 'Why would he ask me? But... I hope she doesn't.' He thought unconsciously.

 

 

:::

 

 

The next day, Seohyun woke up with another morning sickness. She doesn't feel leaving her bed despite her stomach growling already. So she just grabs her phone and just order food online and returned to sleep. But after fifteen minutes, she heard her phone beeps and she received a message from her manager, asking her if she's feeling better already.

 

Not minding to answer, she tossed her phone back on her nightstand and was about to return to her sleep when she heard the doorbell rings followed by the delivery boy's voice. As if something posses her, she shot up and jump off of the bed, rushing to the door hastily not missing to get her credit card. She opened it and paid for her food hastily then returned to her bedroom, opening the bucket of dukkbokki. She closes her eyes and inhaled that pleasant smell from the food then got the chopsticks to start eating it happily.

 

Her yearn for different foods has really been active, it's as if the baby in her womb is always asking for it. She can really make a mukbang video now, with the way she eats.

 

But she suddenly teared up as her chest gets heavier each second that passes. She thought of her current situation that's now starting to affect her career, with the continuous cancellation of her filming. She can foresee it, she will lose everything once it goes to the public. No pregnant actress will ever be accepted by the public. Sad but it's true.

 

 

:::

 

 

Just as he woke up, Yoong hastily showered and wore a business suit this time as he went to work, feeling good. The busy road and the people crossing the road is somehow a joy to see for him, just makes him actually think that he's not the only one who's stress. But he's stress in a good way because he's doing what he loves. The Friday night appointment however is one of the reasons he's feeling good.

 

"If you want to forgive her, learn to forgive yourself as well. We're not perfect Yoong, so learn to accept your flaws as well by apologizing to Seohyun. Forgive the person that causes you pain and then ask for forgiveness at the same time. Right then, you will forgive yourself. That simple bro."

 

Taeyeon's words last night rings in his head again, bringing a big smile to his face. He realized he really shouldn't stay inside his cave for a long time, beating his self for what he had done. It's not going to take him somewhere. To think that both of them have mistakes, he shouldn't be like he's the only person that did something horrible from the past.

 

"Friday, I can't wait for you." So he's planning to tell Seohyun about his thoughts and feelings in forgiving her. Well, he had been ready to do it since he learned to forgive her, just couldn't find that courage because of his own flaws.

 

As soon as the traffic lights change, he suddenly heard his phone ringing, quickly causing him to reach his airpod and answer the phone call. "Yoong speaking." 

 

[Investors are here. Where are you?] Taeyeon is on the line informing him.

 

"Chincha? Omo, Omo. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." With that said, he pressed the gas pedal and just speeds off, overtaking cars ahead of him.

 

Just fifteen minutes indeed, he reached the company and he head straight to the conference room. Gladly and Yul hasn't finished his introduction to the company. He took his laptop out of his backpack and quickly connected it to the projector so he can review his business plan for the new project. He had sleepless nights last night again because of it.

 

"May I present to you, our Vice President, Im Yoong." Yul introduced and casually stepped aside.

 

Standing in front of their investors, Yoong bowed and smiled a little before he begins his presentation. His brother is watching at the near end, listening intently and attentively to him.

 

-

 

Yoong just literally collapsed on the floor the moment everyone left except his brother. He is laughing and shouting after his successful presentation. "Woooohooo!!! Good job, Im Yoong! Good Joooooob!!!" he felt like on top of the world. All the sleepless nights paid off when the program had no error. It was just in an early stage though but the investors are interested in it.

 

"Congrats. Your treat for lunch, Yoong?" ask Taeyeon as he chuckles, holding his hand out to his brother.

 

Taking his brother's hand, Yoong stands up and pulled his brother for a tight hug. "Thanks, Hyung. You're one of the reasons I did that... and all of your encouragement is helping."

 

"Better than Taehyung, no?" teases Taeyeon as he chuckles softly. "But seriously, sometimes you don't need any encouragement. As long as you believe yourself you can make it. You'll make it."

 

"And hyung, last night... you also made some knock in my head." said Yoong as he pulled back and looked at his brother in the eyes. "I will tell her, this Friday."

 

"Chincha? That's so good to know." Taeyeon smiled happily. "Make it right this time, okay?" and he proudly pats his brother's cheek. "You're an Im, remember that."

 

Yoong nodded and smile with hopeful eyes. He hugs his brother once again and couldn't help but squeeze him. His height is making him lift as well so he did, earning a hit on his shoulder. He laughs and quickly let go of him. "I'll see you later." he said and hastily left to his office, leaving his brother with a dumbfounded face.

 

 

:::

 

 

Manager Hwang entered Seohyun's apartment just to be greeted by silence. He sighs and just heads straight to her bedroom to find her sleeping and an empty bucket. With the smell, he knew it's dukkbokki.

 

"Yah, you're still feeling sick?" ask him, not even sure she's awake. But he didn't hear any response or any movement as she's facing the opposite side. So he shakes her gently on her shoulder and forced her to face her. "Omo." he widened his eyes in surprise when he accidentally touches her skin and Seohyun's burning with fever. ". Why didn't you tell me?" he was about to leave when Seohyun got his wrist. "Yah, let go of me, I'll buy you some meds."

 

"Please tell the pharmacist to give you a pill that's safe for the pregnant woman." says Seohyun in her low voice. Her eyes are half-closed and she felt breathless and sweating so much. Her lips are even dry as she felt so weak.

 

"Wha-what?" Manager Hwang exclaimed. "You're pregnant?"

 

"I don't have to explain. Just get me a med." mumbles Seohyun, turning her body again to cuddle with an extra pillow.

 

Manager Hwang doesn't have a choice but to hastily rushed outside to get his talent she needed the pill for her fever. He got it in no time and returned to see her still on her bed. He quickly opened the bottle of water and supported Seohyun to sit up. "Here, I made sure it's safe for you and... the-the baby in your womb. Aish, who the got you pregnant?" But he can't help and curse, as his blood is rushing out of anger.

 

With a few gulps of the pill, Seohyun smiled weakly. "Thanks, Oppa." gratefully telling her manager. She slides herself slowly to lay on her back again. "You don't have... to know who's the father." she weakly told him. "But do me a favor, Oppa. Don't share this with anyone, not even the CEO of my agency... at least for now." she barely could speak but she was able to and she felt her manager's warm touch on her hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. She's flattered to learn.

 

"I'll get you some wet cloth." Manager Hwang took the towel nearby and went to the bathroom. He got a basin with water and returned to put the wet towel on Seohyun's forehead. He got a new towel and he gently rubs it in Seohyun's burning arms and her neck. "You haven't gone to a doctor?"

 

Seohyun shakes her head gently. "I don't know anyone that I can trust."

 

"Aigoo, tell the father then if you can't tell me the name. He might help you too."

 

"I'm planning." sighs Seohyun, loving the way the wet towel actually helps her flutter, and at the same time, her breathing is returning to normal.

 

"You need to tell your parents as well." Manager Hwang suggested. "Whether you like it or not, you need to, they're the only people that you can trust in this time if you can't with the father of your unborn child." he seriously wishes he knows the bastard so he can punch him.

 

"Not yet. Not until... the father knows. Thanks, Oppa." Again, Seohyun thanked her manager. She really felt like dying earlier if it wasn't for him.

 

Manager Hwang sighs and gives Seohyun a gentle squeeze on her hand. "Just promise me you won't ever get rid of the baby. I mean, who knows this is meant to be? But really, this will have a big impact on your career. I just hope it's positive."

 

"No... I'm not." softly Seohyun whispers. She almost gets rid of it earlier by attempting to drink a lot of sleeping pills but she thought of Yoong and his rights to know. Whether he won't like it or not, he should know. Also, it's a huge sin. How can she do it when she already has done a lot of mistakes?

 

"Don't you hate him?" ask Manager Hwang as it confuses him.

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "I want to hate him, really. But no... because we did this. We freaking did this."

 

"Aigoo... " Manager Hwang could only shake his head, watching those tears dropping from the corner of her eyes.

 

:::

 

 

Walking out of the lift, Yoong happily skipped towards his car and just as he reached it, he heard Yul calling him. "Wae?" He turned to face him.

 

"Can you do me a favor?" ask Yul, flashing a hopeful smile.

 

"What is it?" Yoong wonders.

 

Taking the small envelope from the pocket of his blazer, Yul handed it to the doe-eyed. "Can you send this to Seohyun?"

 

"You-you want me to give this?"

 

"Yes, and hopefully she'll respond. Tell me if what was her reaction, okay?"

 

Yoong fake a smile as he accepted it. "O-okay." and bowed his head a little before getting inside the car right away. He maneuvers the car and slowly drives off. He keeps glancing at the envelope that was on the passenger seat, probably has Yul's letter which is actually causing him grit his teeth and tightly holding the steering wheel. "What does he think of me? A mailman? Aish." He couldn't help and speeds off nearly breaking the traffic laws. "No. I can't." As he decided to open the window and throw the envelope outside. "No way he's courting Seohyun," he exclaimed chuckle at his antics. 

 

He ends up smiling giddily as he gets even more excited for Friday. And due to that, he took his phone out and texted Seohyun in the middle of the traffic.

 

-

 

Yoong: Have you grab some dinner? Don't skip it.

 

Seohyun reads the message with a little smile on her face. It never fails to flutter her. But she eventually did not reply. She just tossed it aside and returned to her bed. 

 

-

 

Yoong pouted sadly when he realized Seohyun just read his message. 'I wonder what's up with her?' He's curious and a little worried. He misses seeing her in their studio. Since she started filming, he barely can see her too. He suddenly received a message from Taehyung rather, asking him if he's up to clubbing. It took a couple of minutes before he decided to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter