Ch 08

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08 | Break

 

 

***

 

 

Breathless, fast steps and sweats forming on his forehead, Taeyeon reached the ward of his brother, catching his breath. He took a while to calm himself before he opens the door and was greeted by Yoong's sleeping face. Seohyun called him earlier about his brother being in the hospital and he has to end the breakfast meeting with the board right away just to get in the hospital as fast as he can.

 

Taking a seat next to his bed, he finally realized his pale face.

 

'He had a cardiac arrest when the help came, gladly they were able to save him. The doctor said his wound at the back of his head opened that's why they had to stitch it again.'

 

He recalled what he learned from Seohyun over the phone. Now it makes sense he looks unwell and a bandage is on his head. 

 

"Cardiac Arrest? Does this mean... He's ill? Dongseng you're not telling me anything are you?"

 

"I'm not ill Hyung."

 

Taeyeon got startled when he heard his brother's voice but his eyes are close. "Yah! You're awake!" He hit his arm earning a chuckle.

 

"I've been awake since you came." Yoong said as he opened his eyes. "But really, there's no need to worry. I had a cardiac arrest because of the concussion in my head and it stopped the blood flow to my brain and heart. Thankfully and the help came on time, otherwise I'm not already here." He jokes earning another hit from Taeyeon. "So quit worrying. The doctor told me I'll be out in a few days but I need to take a break from work so this heals." Sighs him heavily after his words. Just when he got Taehyung, he is hurt and needs to heal first.

 

"You better what the doctor advice." Taeyeon firmly said. "You can be stubborn sometimes."

 

"I know Hyung. Well, at least we know who's the culprit." Smirk Yoong at his brother.

 

"Wae? What happened?"

 

Flashback...

 

"You finally showed yourself." Yoong greeted Taehyung with a sly smile. "Where were you?" He added as he unlocked the penthouse and let Taehyung comes in. "And how did you got into the lift?" He added. 

 

"Wow, it's been a while indeed for me that I think I don't recognize this place anymore. Well, I have your thumb mark. That's too easy to hack." Taehyung said, looking around the penthouse.

 

Yoong stopped in his tracks and turned to face his friend, fiercely. "Tell me, what have you been busy with? Hanging out with Kyungpyo aren't you?" He smirks as he mocks him.

 

"I know you would learn that after Kyungpyo mindlessly called you. Well, I admit." Taehyung chuckled and he took his seat on the sofa, easily got relax as he leaned his back and arms on the head's rest. "Wow, I wish I have this place too. How's work by the way?"

 

"If you and Kyungpyo know each other then that... night I saw Seohyun and him... you know about that would happen?" Yoong sent his friend glares as something tells him his friend set him up. "You... set that up, didn't you?" 

 

Taehyung sighs, getting up and faces the doe-eyed. "If I told you I did, what would you do?" He dares him.

 

"Damn you." Yoong couldn't hold back and he throws him a punch on his face. "How could you!" He angrily shouted.

 

Taehyung touched the sore part on his cheek as he composed himself. "Easy there, you want to know the truth, right? Then let me tell you... Kyungpyo told me about the contract and he felt a little disgusted about it. Actually, he wanted to decline but he saw how Seohyun is so eager to have her first drama a success so he grabs the chance and yeah, they got closer because of that. I thought of you being innocent about it so I ask him to help me with my plan." He paused and approached Yoong close, who is so mad in front of him. "And there, you finally knew about them being close yet I have no idea he will do it like that. He knew you were there, Im Yoong. He wanted you to get jealous and break up with Seohyun. I understood his plan right away and so, I took you away from that scene-" 

 

For the second time, Yoong throws another punch at Taehyung's face. He was about to do it again when Taehyung returned it and he took a couple of steps backward.

 

"I'm sorry about that Yoong. But I just want you to also forget your feelings for her. I'm just being a good friend."

 

"You're freaking not a good friend, bastard!" Yoong throws another punch but Taehyung dodge it and he almost falls. "Aish."

 

"Listen, I am not here to have a fistfight with you. I'm here to ask you for an offer." Taehyung breathlessly said while he keeps distance from his furious friend.

 

"Offer?" Confused, Yoong wipes the small blood dripping from his nose.

 

"I know about your new project with your brother's company. Come with me and I have a bigger offer for you."

 

"You're the one who stole my work, didn't you?"

 

"What?! No!"

 

"How'd you know?"

 

"I..." Taehyung couldn't come up with a quick explanation. 

 

"Now you can't come up with a lie?" Yoong took the chance and he dashes forward but only to missed his friend and he was quick to kick him, dropping him on the floor with a loud thud.

 

End of Flashback...

 

"Damn, that just makes sense. He really had been betraying you, Yoong." Taeyeon exclaimed as he clenched his fists and jaw. 

 

"How's Seohyun by the way?" ask Yoong as it crosses his mind. He hasn't seen her since he woke up. 

 

"She's fine." Sighs Taeyeon as he decided to calm himself down.

 

"And our baby?"

 

"Totally fine. You definitely protected them well." 

 

Yoong smiled as he nodded. "That's more than important."

 

"Seriously? You almost died!" reminded Taeyeon firmly. "You really think of others before you, tsk. You are really taking serious being her bodyguard."

 

"Well. I have the responsibility to do that. I mean, I can't forgive myself if there's anything that happened to them. I did what others should do in that situation." Yoong proudly smiled. What happened last night was surely unexpected and he doesn't want that to happen again. He can't afford to see Seohyun hurt.

 

"Yeah, I would do the same. But be careful next time. Seohyun's in her second-day fan sign event by the way. Probably she will be here tonight or I'm afraid her manager will ask her to just call you. You know, people are so interested in her right now, she needs to be careful."

 

"The struggle for having a celebrity girlfriend." Yoong pouted cutely. 

 

"Couldn't agree more." said Taeyeon simply. "What do you like to eat?" and he asks, wanting to take care of his dongseng while he's still free.

 

"You want to buy me something?"

 

"Yes, so spill it."

 

"Mint Choco Ice Cream." Yoong giggles.

 

"What?" Taeyeon widened his eyes.

 

"It's actually been in my mind lately. But because of Seohyun, I always forgot about what I crave. So, can you buy it for me, big bro?" Grinned Yoong, teasing his brother. It's his favorite and he always asks their parents back then about it.

 

"You hate that, don't you?" Taeyeon still couldn't believe it. 

 

"Nah." Yoong shakes his head. "I'm craving for it, how can I hate it?"

 

"It's my favorite!"

 

"I know, so buy two." came Yoong's instant reply, wiggling his eyebrows towards his brother who soon got up and left. "Thanks, big brother. I'll wait patiently here!" shouted him before he completely disappears. He got excited and giggles. But frowned when he thought of Seohyun, out there without him by her side. "Aigoo... I hope she's doing well."

 

 

:::

 

(Fansign)

 

 

It had been thirty minutes since the event started and never did Seohyun showed any exhaustion nor get distracted by thinking of Yoong sometimes. She's all bright in front of her fans, who are actually giving her strength as well. Gladly and it's a private fansign event this time that it's safe for her. But still, she has her twenty bodyguards, the agency has sent. 

 

"Unnie, can I ask you something?"

 

While she's signing the poster and the product, Seohyun heard her fan which causes her to look up to her. "Sure, what is it?" Brightly she responded.

 

"I noticed the handsome bodyguard is not around. I actually thought he will be here so I bought him a gift yesterday. Can I ask a favor? Can you give this to him?" The young female fan shyly asks as she put the paper bag on the table. 

 

Seohyun scoffs as she looks at the paper bag and the fact that it's for her boyfriend. She's fluttered and smiles sweetly at her fan. "Why not? I'll make sure to hand this." And so she took the gift and her manager quickly got it for her. 

 

"Thanks, Unnie. You're so pretty unnie." The young fan hastily got her poster and left.

 

Seohyun couldn't help and sighs knowing the person in that fan's mind is in the hospital. But she's happy one of her fans thought of him. 

 

Going back to the next fan, Seohyun casually asks the fan's name and wrote it together with her signature on the poster.

 

"Um, I heard what the other fan has asked, Seohyun-ah, can I also ask you to give my gift? I hope you don't mind." Another fan placed her gift on the table. "He looks so cool on black necktie so I bought him these." 

 

Again, it surprises Seohyun and she smiled at the fan gratefully. "No worries. I'll give this to him."

 

"And this one is for you. Thank you, Seohyun-ah." The fan gives her gift also for the actress and bowed before leaving.

 

"Wow." Seohyun chuckled lightly as she handed it to her manager nearby.

 

This time a male fan moved forward, immediately praising her beautiful aura and cheering on her for her recovery. "Does the bodyguard still work for you, Seohyun-ssi?" Until his question leads to another person.

 

"N-no. No more." Seohyun doesn't need to ask who's bodyguard he is talking about. "Do you also have a gift?" And she has to beat him, sensing it would lead to it.

 

"You're so good at guessing, Seohyun-ssi. I hope you can hand this little bear to him. Fighting!" The fan said giving the obvious gift and cheered on her before leaving the table.

 

Taking a deep breath in and out, Seohyun could only chuckle in disbelief. "I wonder how many of them have a gift for him." There are still at least 70 fans and she could sense these fans has gifts for the handsome bodyguard as well.

 

-

 

"It turns out, they thought of him more than to buy you a gift, Hyun." Manager Hwang said as he could only count the gifts for Seohyun.

 

"I think they know what happened to him." Seohyun chuckle had enough of receiving gifts not for her but her boyfriend. But it didn't fail to flutter her heart. Yoong deserves the gifts either way and she's proud of her fans. Now she just hopes they won't learn they're eating otherwise they'll take their gifts back. "Ugh, I missed him." She groaned getting up from her seat and walk to backstage. She took her phone from her shoulder bag and excitedly called him. 

 

[Done with the fan sign?] Yoong greeted her immediately with a question.

 

"Yes, just a couple of minutes ago. How are you there?" She softly asks, taking her seat and grabbing her bottle of water. "Taeyeon Oppa is there?"

 

[Earlier. I'm alone now. But it's fine. The movie on the tv screen playing is accompanying me.]

 

"Omo, I should head straight there." Seohyun got up and look for her shoes around.

 

[What? No! Just head straight home! No need to worry about me. Rest, you needed it.]

 

"I can't stay at home. I will be alone too."

 

[Call Tiffany to accompany you.]

 

"What about you? And besides, I have to send you gifts."

 

[Gifts? For me? From who?]

 

"Your fans."

 

[Chincha?] Yoong chuckled.

 

Seohyun finally saw her sneakers and wore it back. "I'll see you later." She said and ended the call right away.

 

"Where are you going?" Ask Manager Hwang when he heard it.

 

"Hospital."

 

"Yah, the agency told me to bring you home. You don't have to go to the hospital."

 

"But Yoong is there." Seohyun reminded as she whined and got her stuff.

 

"I can visit him for you." However, Manage Hwang insisted, thinking of the young actress's safety.

 

"No, Oppa. I need to see him. And take care of him." Seohyun argued as she said firmly.

 

"Seohyun no. We need to be careful."

 

"What about I go secretly? I have been doing that stuffs you know."

 

Manager Hwang groaned. "Please, just comply. You have a baby in your stomach." He begs and makes sure his voice is lower. "You can't do that sneaky self of yourself again."

 

"I know what I'm going to do, though. There is no need to worry." Seohyun still insists and she tried to leave but her manager holds her hand.

 

"Yoong will agree with me, so if you don't want him to worry about you too, you're going to stay at home and just video call with him. Besides, you have your last schedule tomorrow. Just wait until it's over, okay?"

 

"Indeed..." Seohyun reminds herself about it and it once again aches her heart. "No." But stubbornly, she shakes her head. "There's no one by his side right now. I'm his girlfriend. And should've been there since he got out of surgery." Without missing a beat, she yanks her manager's hand on her arm and walked out of the tent. 

 

"Yah! Don't let her pass the exit!" Manager Hwang shouted from behind her. 

 

Seohyun didn't think twice and she runs all the way to the door but the bodyguards blocked her way. She tried to push them away but they got her arms preventing her to leave. "Aish!" She hissed and could only stomp her feet, giving up eventually.

 

 

:::

 

(Penthouse)

 

 

[You have dinner?]

 

"No." Coldly Seohyun utters, staring at the tv screen rather than the doe-eyed on her phone, sitting on a phone holder. She's sulking and wanted him to know.

 

[You should call for delivery then.]

 

"I don't want to eat if it's not you who cooked it." She said, sending a brief glare to the doe-eyed.

 

[Joohyun it's not going to help you.]

 

"Then let me go to the hospital. I was the one who brought you there last night, now I couldn't?" Seohyun scoffs in frustration. "It's as if I can't be careful. I'm not a kid anymore, you know." She stated as a matter of fact. 

 

[Are you going to be like this until the dawn?] Sighs Yoong heavily. It hurts him to see her like that. 

 

"Yes. Just end this video call." Seohyun replied still cold as she reached for the phone.

 

[No wait.] But Yoong stopped her.

 

"What?" She responded, still glaring at him.

 

[I'll send food-]

 

"Bye." Without wasting her time, Seohyun ended the video call. She lied down, pulling the comforter up, and punched the pillow next to her a few times. "He really doesn't care what am I feeling right now. Tsk." She mumbles bitterly and closes her eyes, in an attempt to just sleep without having dinner. But her stomach grumbles and she groaned in frustrations. "Aish." She doesn't have a choice but to got off of the bed and went downstairs an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter