Ch 16

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16 | Final 2.2

 

 

***

 

 

Taeyeon who just left to get himself something to eat returned to the hospital just to stopped in the nursery room where newborn babies are being incubated. But he wasn't there to have a glimpse of his niece, he spotted his brother standing outside by the window, watching his little girl sleeping next to other babies.

 

"Yoong, it's almost 2 am, I thought you are resting now?" He chuckled lightly looking at his side profile. He looks exhausted but is smiling happily.

 

"I just couldn't still believe, that the moment I reached 30, I will be a father. I am the father of this cute and adorable little girl right here, Hyung. You know this must be Appa's feeling when he saw you when he knew he's finally a father. It's... I'm overwhelmed and... I thank God, he never left my wife and daughter's side and they're both safe." Yoong tilted his head and smile foolishly at his brother. His tears just automatically drop. He is freaking happy and he can't contain it. "Her fingers, her eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, and her foot. They're too precious, Hyung."

 

Taeyeon smiled and patted his brother's. "I know you are too happy right now but this is just the beginning. If it's hard to handle Seohyun on her pregnancy, it's harder to take care of a baby, Yoong." He reminded. "So keep your patience."

 

"I know. I've researched it and I'm ready for the challenge." Yoong fearlessly smiled.

 

-

 

Slowly eyes fluttering open, One woman takes some time to adjust to the bright sun rays that greeted her sleepy eyes. She put her hand over her head as fingers are slightly covering the lights. She heard faint noises outside and birds chirping, telling her that it's a new day that came.

 

She feels warm and peaceful inside. Then a small smile formed on her dry lips as her mind recalls the dream she had; she and her family, having a picnic in a park. It was really a beautiful dream that she wishes quietly it was true. 

 

After good minutes of leaning into the warm, she casually turned to the side, gazing at one person only sleeping on the sofa. Yoong, her husband, the person who made her feel all kinds of emotions, is right there, looking still innocent, giving her heart a reason to flutter.

 

Her lips curved into a wide smile as she recalled what happened. She was all wailing while holding her dear life to his hand. But it wasn't just like that, she had grabbed his hair and shoulder. She felt a little bad but he was all smiling and teary-eyed when he had his first gaze on their baby. She saw how happy and proud he was.

 

Suddenly, she heard the door opens snapping her back to reality and her eyes hastily turned to the person that just walked with her baby in her arms.

 

"Good morning, Seohyun." Hyo sweetly greeted. "Your little one here is looking for you." she said and gently put her in the latter's arms.

 

Seohyun's heart automatically melts as soon as she had eye contact with Seoyoung. "Hey there, princess. You hungry now?" she asks softly and her daughter seems to understand as her small eyes formed into a crescent moon and lips curved into a big smile. She got the signal and slowly zips down her hospital gown to bring her right out and guided it to her tiny open lips. At first, she wouldn't but after a few minutes, Seoyoung closes her eyes and for milk.

 

It's ticklish that she had to suppress a wide smile but soon she adjusted and just couldn't stop staring at her.

 

She leaned down and gently kissed her forehead, couldn't resist it. "She's too beautiful, Unnie." softly she says. She's too precious that her heart will burst out. 

 

"Definitely she got it from you... Anyway, I'll come back later. Looks like Yoong went to sleep at 3 am, eh?" Hyoyeon chuckled softly but she didn't wait for Seohyun's reaction as she leaves the room right away.

 

"He did?" Seohyun's attention turned to the sleeping husband right away. "What did he do?" and it curious her.

 

The door opened again and her parents came in with smiles and food for her. But their attention just automatically went to their grandchild who is continuously her mother's milk.

 

 

:::

 

(a week later...)

 

Upon pulling the car over in front of the Seo Residence, Yoong hurriedly stepped out and open the doors for Mrs. Seo and his wife, who's holding their little girl in her arms, close to her chest. She transfers her to him carefully, and he automatically supported her neck and head with his right upper arm beneath her and hand is on her bottom. His free arm also crosses to hold her close to his chest protectively.

 

"Did you practiced holding a baby?" Ask Seohyun playfully stepping out of the car while smiling amusingly.

 

"I did, during breaks." Yoong wasn't even ashamed and he flashes a childish smile. 

 

Seohyun could only smile back as the doe-eyed brought their daughter inside. She casually just help her parents in bringing her stuff inside. A relieved sigh escapes her lips as she finally took her seat on the sofa, the living room that she missed for three days bringing comfort in her heart right away.

 

"Omma, I'll bring that to the laundry, please don't bother. I got it." She told her mother when she saw she's carrying the bag where Seoyoung's dirty clothes are inside.

 

"Nah, it's okay. You rest first." Mrs. Seo assured her daughter as she insisted, leaving the house right away.

 

"Aigoo..." She couldn't decline anymore but out of a sudden, she heard cries from upstairs. She hastily gets up and went to where the faint cries from Seoyoung were heard. She was greeted by her husband coaxing their daughter. "She's hungry. It's almost supper either way." She told him and gestures him to transfer the baby to her. But before that, she climbed to the bed so she can support her back against the headboard as she sits and buttons down her blouse to unclasp her bra and ready her again for their daughter.

 

Yoong followed and gently transfer Seoyoung to her. In an instant, she on, stopping her from her cries. "Wow." He is amazed but not surprised at all.

 

Seoyoung giggles and suddenly smiles, showing how happy she is. She even raises her right hand trying to reach her mother's beautiful face.

 

"She's a scammer, isn't she?" Yoong chuckled softly. "I thought I hurt her in any way when she suddenly cried. But she was her right thumb, that was a sign."

 

"We need to buy her baby bottles soon. I can't do anything if she keeps asking for my milk." Seohyun said as she stares at the doe-eyed.

 

"Can you keep this up until when she turns two months?" Yoong requested innocently. "You know Doctor Park said that feeding is better for newborn babies. It is also a way for her to know you. And it brings supplement to them. Actually, it should be for six months. But since I know you are going back to work in July, two months is I think okay. Also, every month we should bring her to a family doctor for a check-up." 

 

Seohyun slowly looked down at their daughter again and those cute happy smiles while she's just melted her heart, she can't disappoint her can she? It makes her nod her head. "Okay, I'll spoil you for now." She softly says, poking her nose and earns her giggles.

 

"Thanks, Seoyoung Omma." Yoong said and meet her halfway when he leaned in and kissed her on the lips. They giggle at the same time.

 

Suddenly the door opened and fluffy came running all the way to the bed, Yoong hastily grabs her and hold her in her arms before she could reach Seohyun and Seoyoung. "Not for now, fluffy. Maybe when our Seoyoung is big enough." He told the puppy.

 

"Poor fluffy." Seohyun pouted cutely. But she agrees with Yoong. Doctor Park reminds them to keep their daughter from any pet for the meantime as the newborn baby is easy to get bacteria.

 

"I'll play with her outside. Come down when Baby Seoyoung is done." Yoong said and leaves the room without waiting for his wife's answer.

 

Seohyun checked the little girl in her arms again and just realized she's dozing off but is still moving. "Such a cutie." She sweetly smiled at her daughter.

 

 

:::

 

 

It's D-Day! Yoong woke up earlier than Seohyun and Seoyoung. Despite having sleepless nights because their daughter will wake up crying at past midnight, he still has the energy to go out and prepare breakfast for everyone. It took only thirty minutes to do that and he returned upstairs to check Seoyoung first before he went to the bathroom. Just fifteen minutes of it, he walked out seeing Seohyun already sitting up and tying her hair. 

 

"Hey, breakfast is ready downstairs." Yoong told his wife while putting on his pants. "I'll look after Seoyoung first. She's not going to wake up any time soon."

 

Seohyun checked Seoyoung first to give her a good morning kiss on her forehead before she got off of the bed and approached Yoong to help him button up his long sleeve. "Launch day, isn't it?"

 

"Yeah." Yoong answered, lovingly smiling at his wife. He missed it when she helps her with her buttons, fluttering that instant. "I miss you."

 

Seohyun stopped just as she was about to button the third button. She looked up and smile giddily. "You keep saying that."

 

"I am?" Yoong innocently responded.

 

"Yeah. That day in the hospital, you said that three words for like, five times? Yeah, I guess five and the next days, you said those words for a total of twenty times." Giggles Seohyun. She holds his face in both palms and added, "And now, the 21st. That's how you miss me for the past months. And I'm... I'm the same." She leaned into a peck on his lips and smile as she pulled back.

 

Yoong giggles and kissed her cheek before he brought his wife in his arms while she wrapped her arms around his waist and head rested on his chest. "The past months are like hell but It surely builds me as a strong person. And I know you are too." Whispered him. His gazes are on their daughter. "I'm so glad that you're now back in my arms again. And I won't ever let go of you anymore. Never." He firmly added, kissing her head for a couple of seconds.

 

Seohyun felt so warm and protected in Yoong's arms again. Indeed past month is a battle for them and, amazingly, they end up still in each other's arms with their plus one now. "I promise, that will not happen anymore." 

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you too, Yoongie." 

 

With that said, the couple let go and once again their lips found each other. This time it's not a peck. It's a passionate kiss they missed to share which would never fail to make them feel blissful.

 

But they have to stop right away when they heard a honk outside.

 

Seohyun quickly finished the buttons and also did his necktie, expertly. "Good luck, my developer." She smiled sweetly as she taps his chest twice.

 

Yoong took his blue blazer and help himself with it. "Thanks, baby." He pecks on her lips again and went to Seoyoung on their bed, gently took her little hand with his forefinger, and kissed her hand. She holds his finger that instant as if she senses him. "Someone seems doesn't want me to leave." He told Seohyun standing by the edge of the bed.

 

"She could sense you, how adorable." Seohyun giggles. 

 

Yoong returned his attention to their little girl and gently kissed her forehead. "I'll see you later, princess. Give me some good luck." He Softly said and kissed her forehead again. "I love you." With that, he gently pulled his finger off but she's holding him tight even when she's still asleep. "Uh, Seoyoungie..."

 

Seohyun chuckled and she decided to help him as she climbs to the bed. "Baby, Appa needs to go first. Let go now." She instructed and pulled Yoong's finger. But indeed, she won't let go. "Just force it but not too hard." 

 

Nodding Yoong pulled it off successfully but only to wake her up and it's like a time bomb, she cried so hard. 

 

"Go now! Before you couldn't." Seohyun gently pushed him off the bed as she gently took Seoyoung in her arms.

 

Yoong is reluctant as he keeps stopping in his tracks until he reached the door.

 

"She'll be fine." Reassured Seohyun as she coaxed their baby.

 

"I'll be back lunchtime." Yoong also promised and finally, he closes the door half-hearted. The cries from Seoyoung just breaks his heart. He feels like she doesn't want him to go. And it's crazy that he is now contemplating even to go back to Seoul as he just stood by the stairs not moving an inch.

 

"Yah! We have two hours to get to the launching event! We can't make the staff and the media wait!" Taeyeon shouted from the living room which causes Mr. and Mrs. Seo to leave the dining table.

 

"What's going on?" Mr. and Mrs. Seo chorused.

 

Yoong snapped out of reality and shakes his head. "Nothing, mother, father. Be back lunchtime." he smiled and hurriedly moves, grabbing his brother's arm as he drags him outside till they reached the car. He exhaled heavily. 

 

"Tsk, tsk." Taeyeon shakes his head in disbelief, looking at his brother then drives off.

 

 

:::

 

 

Singing a song while she's giving Seoyoung her bath in their bathtub, Seohyun is admiring her little girl at the same time, as her laughs, small sneeze and giggles are music to her ears. If her fans tell her voice is their favorite, her daughter is her favorite. She didn't imagine that after 9 months, she's going to return every hardships and sacrifice she did for her. Nothing compares to queueing in a cinema just to watch her favorite movie.

 

She may have thought she's a mistake at first, she's definitely a precious gift she didn't think would be the best she received.

 

Walking out of the bathroom with Seoyoung wrapped in a towel, she gently places her on the bed and gently rubs her hair, face, neck, and travels down to her body. She then went to get her one-piece pajama and a diaper and started singing her a song while putting on the diaper first. Seoyoung's attention went to her, smiling and giggling every time she would poke her nose and her belly. 

 

Just as she was about to give her feed, her phone rings on top of the desk. "Hold on a second." she hastily approached it and realized it's her manager. Clearing , she picked it up and answered him.

 

"Oppa."

 

[Congratulations!!!]

 

"How'd you know?" asks her.

 

[Tiffany told me. She will be visiting you later and I give her the gift for your baby.]

 

"Oh, it's so sweet for you, Oppa." She tilts her head to where Seoyoung is lying, she smiled when she realized her head is facing towards her. "I'm sure, Seoyoungie will love it."

 

[Anyway, I also called because... we managed to convinced the companies to give you enough preparations. In 2 months, you have to attend a photoshoot so that means, you need to go on diet by now. Also, we received scripts from different dramas, offering you the lead roles.]

 

"I-I thought in four months?" Seohyun is surprised to hear it.

 

[Yeah, that was your deal with them right? However, they have to release new campaigns in spring, summer, and fall. Most of the companies have asked us to bring you back as soon as possible. Don't worry, it's just photoshoots for magazines, commercial films, and ads. There are no public appearances. The movie you have canceled the filming by the way will resume in September. The scripts I mentioned, I also give to Tiffany, so it's up to you to decide which dramas you're going to accept.]

 

"Okay." Seohyun sighs as she has no option. 

 

[I'll see you soon then. Send my regards to Seoyoungie.]

 

"Yes." Ending the call, Seohyun turned her attention completely to her daughter. "Looks like I'm really going back to work sooner or later, baby. Aigoo, how am I going to tell this to your Appa?"

 

Seoyoung pouted and eyes started tearily but before she will explode into another cry, Seohyun returned to her and finally give her what she wants.

 

Mrs. Seo entered the room later and the tv screen in the room. "Yoong's launch on their new gadget will be live in 30 minutes, honey. Let's watch together." she said as she sits next to her daughter and grandchild. "Anyeong, Seoyoung-ah. Halmoni is here." she waves at her and smiles sweetly. The latter just stares at her as she continues to for milk.

 

"Oh right, almost forgot." Seohyun mentally face-palmed. "Thanks, Omma." And she thanked her mother for reminding her and joining her in the room.

 

"No problem." Mrs. Seo flashes a genuine smile.

 

Moments later, the live broadcast of Im Tech finally started.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Our Vice President and Engineer, Mr. Im Yoong." 

 

As soon as heard his name and followed by claps, Yoong took a deep breath and slowly exhales. He smiled and finally walk to the stage and stopped in the middle. Flashes from cameras immediately greeted his eyes and he just smiled a little to them before his lips opened to begin introducing their new device.

 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, meet I'm U." He started and the big screen showed a strap like a wristwatch. "WithU is an AI that will guide you to your everyday living. It doesn't just tell you on the weather and traffic advisory but it will update you on current news, sports events, promo sales, exam results, and most importantly, it has the ability to be your substation wallet. Yes, the substations around the country and WithU have team up for this so it will not be a hassle for you to bring your card that 60% of us loses our card wallet." 

 

*

 

Seohyun and Mrs. Seo are immensely listening and watching to Yoong not aware that Seoyoung had been watching their faces from her mother's arms, innocently.

 

 

:::

 

 

Laughter greeted Yoong's ears when he returned home just after his event's party. By just standing outside, he can already guess whose laughs and giggles were from and doesn't need to guess who's the guest. He bought a couple of stuff from the city including a crib for their little girl. 

 

"Oh Yoong! There you are, Congrats on the launch! Mr. Handsome Bodgyguard is once again trending." Tiffany greeted him with such an enthusiastic voice while she's holding Seoyoung in her arms.

 

"Thanks for visiting, Noona." Yoong smiled simply and meet with Seohyun halfway as she welcomed him with a kiss and helped him carry the folded crib upstairs. 

 

"This is so pretty Yoong." Seohyun said the moment her husband set it up. It's painted in white and can be swing so it will coax their baby every time she cries. "You really thought of buying the crib after launching your project, eh?" it makes her flutter knowing he never left his mind on their baby. She wrapped her arms around his waist and peck on his lips, smiling sweetly.

 

"Early this morning, she was all crying, I thought it's a good gift in return of making her cry." Yoong explained returning the hug. "But I have also bought baby bottles now and headbands. So she will be so beautiful."

 

"Awww... such a sweetie Appa." Seohyun giggles and peck on her husband's lips again earning wide smiles from him. But her eyes landed on the scripts on top of the desk which causes her to unwrap her arms and took the scripts.

 

"What is that?" ask Yoong but his wife brought him to the bed, as they sit next to each other.

 

Seohyun shared the scripts and the schedule of photoshoots from her phone. "They want me back in two months." she revealed fearlessly.

 

Speechless and stunned, Yoong took a little time to process the information until he had something to say. "You mean, after you feed her, you'll return right away?" and it makes him think it's going to be a tough situation. "I suggested two months because I know babies will adjust to baby bottles once you stop feeding, and the next months left supposedly should be the months we'll train her to not ask for feeding... you know what this means? I'll do it on my own."

 

"I know your intention and it's... it's actually hard for me also to be back in two months but what am I supposed to do? I can't let them wait for four months. You know, they have campaigns to shoot in every season. But here's a thing, I'm pretty sure these photoshoots will not really last for a month or two. This means I will still be here to help you with Seoyoung. I can't also go out there be a workaholic person without thinking of you and our daughter. Trust me, okay?" Seohyun is hopeful as she holds her husband's hands.

 

Yoong was convinced with those words in an instant as he nodded slowly and it brought a satisfied smile to his wife. "What about these scripts? They're for dramas."

 

"Yeah, but it's up to me if I'm accepting this offer or not. These dramas begin second half so there's still some time to prepare. What do you think should I accept?" Seohyun asks as she felt proud at the same time because there are still broadcast companies that offer her projects. She hasn't done asking for Yoong's opinions when it comes to drama related, however, so she wanted to change that and be more open with him.

 

Yoong checks the dramas and their plots as well as the actors it was being offered. All of them are A-list actors but the three scripts have two romances and one thriller that doesn't have romance. "This." so he didn't even think and pointed at the non-romance drama. "You've done numerous romance dramas, I want you to accept this. Not because I will be jealous of your co-actor but because I want the people to know that you can carry a drama that shows more of your acting skills. Also, the lists of actors here are veterans who are still on their game. It's a chance to learn more. The plot is even amazing." he explained, hoping she will agree right away too.

 

Seohyun took the script and check her character description. She will be a prosecutor and a single mother at the same time who will be seeking justice for the death of her son. It sounds interesting as the character is fierce. "Yeah, this seems so good, baby." her lips curved into a good smile as she looks back at Yoong who cheered on her right away.

 

"Fighting, Actress Seo Omma!" Yoong playfully cheered earning a laugh from her but their attention went outside right away when they heard their daughter is crying and Tiffany is calling for them.

 

They hastily went downstairs and gasps to see Tiffany had some puke from on her shoulder.

 

"Yah! Don't just stare at me!" Tiffany scolded and Seoyoung cried harder while hands are stretched on her parents, asking for them to take her. 

 

"Mianhe, Noona." Yoong apologizes as his wife takes their daughter away from her. But he couldn't help and smile in amusement, watching how distressed Tiffany is. 

 

 

:::

 

(2 months later)

 

 

Seohyun stepped on her weighing scale the moment she woke up and find that she loses at least 10 pounds, which isn't her goal but it was good enough to return. Doctor Park has given her diet tips on how to keep her milk while on a healthy diet, it worked well as Seoyoung doesn't have a problem at all. She has even grown a little faster with her constant feeding for just two months.

 

Walking to the crib while tying her hair, she eventually smiled sweetly and her heart melts to see their beautiful baby is awake and smiles when their eyes met. She's playing with her thumb again though.

 

"You ready for the day, my love?" ask her and Seoyoung responded in a gibberish way as she held up her two hands, moving her fingers, close and open. "Aigoo come here." Before she can even pick her up, Yoong gently pushed her to the side and does it for her.

 

"You have a photoshoot today in two hours, I'll bath her in the next room and you take a shower." reasoned Yoong without even fixing his hair. 

 

"But I still have to feed her." shares Seohyun her concern.

 

"Later when you are done. Go now before you couldn't!" Yoong couldn't help and copied what Seohyun did when he left them for the first time. He smiled and casually walked out of the room with Seoyoung's head on his shoulder. "Seoyoung and I are going to take a bath... Seoyoung and I are taking a bath." he sings randomly while making his way to the room. Seoyoung is giggling and smiling while trying to see his face. 

 

Seohyun blinks and blinks and finally, she realized it's the first day she'll return to work. She hurriedly grabs the towel and went to shower. 

 

-

 

After so many kisses on their daughter, Seohyun finally turned and walk to the car waiting. But she turned and wave at them. "Be back as soon as possible, Yoongie, Seoyoungie." While her heart is a little hurt, seeing her little girl is just innocently staring at her. Well, she has developed well and she doesn't cry a lot as usual. But for her who needs to leave for work for the first time is a bit hard. She's going to adjust, however, and she knows she can do it.

 

"Bye-bye, Omma, see you later." Yoong said as he held Seoyoung's hand and wave it gently. The latter suddenly waves her other hand too, copying what he did.

 

Seohyun smiled in amusement. With one last wave, she finally stepped inside the car and her father drives off. She still couldn't look away as she watches them while they're getting farther and farther from her eyes. She let out a huge sigh after they disappeared. "Gonna miss her smell." she softly said to herself but smiles as she could imagine her husband, taking care of their baby. She wishes it will be easy for him to feed her and also let her on the baby bottle. It's her first day without her feeding.

 

 

:::

 

 

"UWAAAAA!!! UWAAAAAA!!! UWAAAA!!!"

 

And more cries from Seoyoung were heard from the bedroom for about an hour already, as she's now missing her mother's, feed. Yoong on the other hand is doing her best to coax her and let her on the baby bottle but she would push it aside.

 

"But baby, Omma is out there, working. Ugh... come on now, hmm? It's just the same as Omma's feed." Yoong tried for the umpteenth but then again Seoyoung will just push it aside. His patience is being tested and he is also thinking of asking Mrs. Seo to just replace her daughter, but no, it will only spoil her. "Okay, let's go out for a while." He picked her up and casually walked outside while she's still crying non-stop.

 

"Yoong, you want me to feed Seoyoung instead?" Mrs. Seo came out from the kitchen and asks, couldn't take the cries from her grandchild. 

 

"No, I can't spoil her, Mother. I'll think of away." Yoong insisted and he bowed his head. "We'll have some fresh air first. Shhhh..." he said and proceeds to the backyard. "Look baby, there's a lot of butterflies in our garden." and he tried to distract her while he coaxes her through doing the side-step.

 

"UWAAAAA UWAAAAA." still, Seoyoung would respond to him.

 

"The kids from the next house are playing. Do you want to watch them? Oh, there are birds out there. Look the flowers are blooming... and the clouds are so good today, baby." He did all his best but she doesn't bother. 

 

Taking his seat on the bench, he took the baby bottle from his pocket and tried his luck again but it was wasted, Seoyoung slapped it away and it dropped on the ground. Yoong sighs exhaustedly as he just stares at the bottle. Just then, fluffy came and play with it. "Omo, fluffy no. Don't play with it." he warned her but she keeps playing with it which he could only watch in defeat. Until he noticed Seoyoung has stopped crying and her eyes are on fluffy. A tiny smile formed on her lips which made him think his daughter loves what she is watching. A sudden idea came in and he stands up, holds her with her head on his shoulder. "Come here fluffy." and ask the puppy to follow them inside. 

 

Placing her down gently to the center of the bed, Seoyoung took a moment before she flipped her body, as she now lays on her chest, smiling and giggling to see fluffy walking around her. She's making a cute sound which making Yoong smile while he makes another baby formula. He hurried to make it and returned to grab fluffy first and brought her to the bathroom, so he can bathe the latter.

 

Seoyoung once again cries from the bed, as she keeps moving her feet and hands up and down, trying to move but she couldn't yet.

 

"Pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter