Ch 05

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | Confirmation

 

 

***

 

 

"Joohyunnie..."

 

"Joohyunnie..."

 

"Joohyunnie."

 

"Joohyunnie."

 

Seohyun's eyes fluttered open when she heard a whisper and she felt a shake that instantly distracted her sleep. She her back just to see Tiffany, causing her to groan and she cuddles with the extra pillow again. She closes her eyes back in an attempt to return to her dreamland which puts a big smile on her face while sleeping.

 

"Dreaming of Yoong? You've been calling his name. If I didn't call you, you won't stop." Giggles Tiffany couldn't be missed to see the new stuff toy next to her friend.

 

Seohyun opened her eyes back and smile giddily. "It's just too cute, the way he calls me back with my nickname." she giggles afterward.

 

"That's why you keep calling him? I'm here, by the way, to inform you that there's a bouquet outside. Someone's hinting for a comeback." Tiffany teasingly inquired her friend.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun abruptly got off of the bed and she runs outside and indeed flowers are on the coffee table. She picked it up the note on top of it and check it, only to pout to read where it came from.

 

"Who is it?" ask Tiffany as she took the note and raises her eyebrows to read it came from Yul rather.

 

Have a great day, Seohyun.

- Yul

 

"Who is he?"

 

"Director Kwon, in IT department of Im Tech." shared Seohyun, taking her seat on the sofa and grabs the pillow nearby to hug it with a pout. "He didn't send any?"

 

"He sent two days ago, didn't he? Of course, he won't." Tiffany stuck her tongue out and runs to the kitchen right away when she smelled the burning pot. "Why don't you call him? You know, to ask if he's feeling better now after you comforted him." she shouted so loud from the kitchen while she's transferring the soup to a bowl.

 

Seohyun lazily got up and walk to her bedroom only to stop in her tracks upon hearing the doorbell. She just sprinted towards the door and opened it right away. 

 

"Ms. Joohyunnie?" The delivery guy asks. 

 

"Y-yes." Smiled Seohyun brightly.

 

"Mr. Im sent you a basket of fruits and bouquet." The guy said as he handed the basket and the flowers. "Just sign here."

 

"Thanks." Seohyun smiled briefly as she closes the door with her foot and brought it to the kitchen. "Look who sent me again." she said gleefully, letting Tiffany knows as she showed the envelope that has Yoong's name. 

 

Tiffany puffs in disbelief but she smiled to see the bright smiles on her friend's face, not to mention her sparkling eyes. "He's asking you to actually make a garden of fruits." she playfully commented earning a stuck of the tongue.

 

"And he said, thank you for last night, Joohyunnie. You really help me feel better. With a heart emoji and big smiles." reads Seohyun aloud and she giggles reading the name again. It always just makes her feel so giddy. It's like Yoong is back courting her.

 

"Why don't you just tell him you want a comeback too? For sure he will be happy." said Tiffany as a matter of fact. She places the pot on the dining table, joining the other foods she prepared for both of them.

 

"Not yet. I'm finding perfect timing." Taking the two apples, Seohyun walked to the sink and opened it to clean the two apples. 

 

"That Yul, he's courting, obviously. I think your ex will be jealous if he finds out." Tiffany chuckled lightly, could already imagine Yoong's reaction.

 

Seohyun her back to walk back to the dining table, taking a seat across her friend. "Yoong doesn't get jealous easily."

 

"Chincha? He never does that back then?"

 

A pause, Seohyun tried to recall an event and she stands corrected. "Yes, he did. It was during the award ceremony. I was with Kyungpyo at that time and he texted me that I only look gorgeous if he was my date. When I returned home, I saw him sulking in the living room, doesn't want to talk to me. I almost want to squeeze the hell out of him though. He's the cutest when he's jealous." she giddily smiled.

 

"Tsk, tsk, I don't know with you Joohyun. I called my friend doctor, by the way." shared Tiffany, handing the chopsticks and spoon to her friend.

 

"You... you have an ob-gyn friend?" Seohyun didn't expect to hear it. 

 

"Yes, you are asking for someone that you can trust right? So this will not go on the public? Well then, I have booked you for my friend. She's available later after lunch. And I asked her to put a close sign in your clinic so no one enters. You're free today, right?"

 

The young actress nodded to confirm. "Manager Oppa already told the team about my sick leave. But that's only for a week. He'll appoint a meeting with the Agency so they can also take action about my future schedule. I'll go on hiatus for a year." she smiled briefly as it saddens her but she accepted her fate.

 

"Omo, that's good to hear. A hiatus is really a must. But hopefully, no reporters will publish some fishy articles. You know if they can see a chance to do you wrong, they will grab it no matter what." Tiffany shakes her head, disappointed with the media.

 

"I know right? I just hope no companies will pull out their support in my career." sighs Seohyun. It's only where she's earning well, she doesn't want to lose them.

 

"Will the agency tells them the reason?"

 

"I hope he doesn't. I mean, I know Mr. Lee knows how to protect his artists."

 

Tiffany nodded slowly and smiled at her friend. She reached for her hand and squeeze it. "We'll protect you though."

 

"We?"

 

"Im Yoong too, you know that."

 

Seohyun flutters when she heard it. "Yeah... " and a small smile formed on her lips, glancing at the apple on her left. 

 

"I'm happy, you look happier now than this past week. I hope it will continue."

 

"Thanks, Unnie."

 

"Aish, don't call me Unnie, I told you!"

 

Seohyun laughs and teases her friend more by calling her Unnie with aegyo. "Unnie~ Unnie~ Tiffany Unnie~"

 

Tiffany is just staring at her with an expressionless face.

 

 

:::

 

 

It's another busy day again for Taeyeon even though it's Saturday. He has the whole day tomorrow anyway to relax. And it's not only him, but it's also his younger brother who just returned from the comfort room. It's his third time to go there and he is having worries.

 

"You look really sick, Yoong. Why don't you go home? The police will only update this Monday anyway and our programmers and technicians are doing their best to restore your work on your desktop. It's Saturday either way." Taeyeon told his brother as he blocks him from going to the lab.

 

"I'm fine, Hyung. I just took a pill and I'm chewing some gum now to reduce my sensitivity." reassured Yoong, flashing a bright yet weak and fake smile.

 

"What did you eat last night to have that? I mean, it's like you're pregnant." Taeyeon playfully said. But it's really looked like that. 

 

Yoong almost laughs out loud. "Stop being non-sense Hyung. It's just some morning sickness." He patted his shoulder and walk past him. But he stops and turned to face his brother.

 

"Wae?"

 

"Does male gets pregnant?" ask Yoong innocently.

 

Taeyeon let out a hysteric laugh. "Babo, stop your nonsense as well." and he finally waves goodbye to his brother, returning to his office. But he finds himself searching for it on the internet and there's no result about a male being pregnant. However, there's a search result that says, males, can get morning sickness too if they have a partner that's pregnant. Especially if they have eaten or drink their partner's food or liquid. "This is interesting." he chuckled lightly then returned to his unfinished work, especially checking their financial status.

 

Meanwhile, Yoong who just returned to the lab is covering his nose when the smell inside got him little nausea right away but he soon put his hand down as he put on AirPods on his ears and play some music to distract him from the smell and enjoy his work. But he suddenly had to stop when he felt his phone vibrates under his pants. 

 

Joohyunnie: Thank you for the fruits and flowers. I feel like I wasn't the one who was so down last night.

Have a good day, Yoong!

 

A big and giddy smile spread across his face upon reading the message. It got him to cheer up and he hastily replied.

 

-

 

Yoong: Have a good day to you too, Joohyunnie!

Tell me if you are available later, let's hang out.

 

Seohyun giggles as she reads the message but she eventually declined.

 

-

 

Joohyunnie: I'm sorry. I have an appointment today. See you when I'm free again ;)

 

Yoong didn't think twice and just sent 'okay'. He hastily put his phone down and returned his attention to his work. But it's only just a couple of seconds when he was called out to the company's security room. He got up and quickly complied to see who barged inside his office.

 

"Do you recognize the figure, Mr. Im?" ask the security team leader once he pauses the video that shows a man wearing all black attire while covering his face with a face mask. They barely could figure who is it.

 

"Can you zoomed in to his cap?" instructed Yoong softly. He felt like he knows him.

 

As the video zoomed into the cap, there's a bunny logo on it. 

 

'That's a limited edition.' Yoong thought and he took his phone out to searched for the logo. It immediately appeared and the company has announced on their website there's only 10 of it they have released. Which means, one of those 10 people have stolen his laptop.

 

"Mr. Im, your laptop was ." Exclaimed another tech guy on the side, quickly averting his attention to him.

 

"This is like... in a slump area." 

 

'Some programmers are planning to steal my work, isn't it? But how did this person know? There's only a few that knows, including the ten investors the other day... Or is one of the employees who have tipped this person?' Yoong thought as he felt like he needed to investigate further. "I need an eye here." he mumbles to himself as he feels like it's not going to be easy with how big the company is. He finds himself staring at a total of five security guys in front of him and an idea pop-up in his head.

 

 

:::

 

[clinic]

 

 

While the ob-gyne is trying to see the baby in Seohyun's stomach through the ultrasound, Seohyun patiently waiting and also watching the monitor, until the doctor stopped and she pointed at some figure that looked like a small centipede. 

 

"You see that that's the baby. You're three weeks pregnant, Ms. Seo." The Doctor informed, flashing a friendly smile. "Once you get in your fourth week and more weeks, you'll see the fetus develops. We can see her or his head first then the fingers and legs. Congratulations, Ms. Seo." 

 

Seohyun doesn't know what to say but it makes her heart flutter as the baby is moving slowly in the ultrasound. Unconsciously, her tears are dropping as she gets emotional. It's like a mix of emotions that her mind is not functioning. She's just silently tearing up on the bed, couldn't look away from the ultrasound.

 

"Have you shared this with your boyfriend?" ask the doctor as she gets up and walks to the ultrasound to get the printed image of the embryo. 

 

"Not yet. But I will, soon." Not minding what she said, Seohyun replied, slowly sitting up and took the photo. "Thank you, doctor." She wipes her tears away as she smiled so big.

 

"You should stop sharing food or fluids with him then. Or he'll get what you're experiencing." The Doctor advised.

 

"What?" Seohyun is surprised to learn. "He will feel nausea as well?"

 

"Definitely. Well, not all get to experience but I've seen some, especially if it's the first time." The doctor giggles as she finds the young actress' reaction adorable.

 

"I... I just learned. Thanks for the heads up, Doctor Shin." Shyly, Seohyun smiled and she carefully stepped out of the bed. 

 

"Here. You have to take these vitamins and milk so your embryo will grow healthily." The Doctor handed a piece of paper that has all the things Seohyun needed to buy. "Also, tell your boyfriend the soonest because if you don't, the baby can feel that too and they won't grow that fast. You know, if you keep her or him from anyone or the father, they will also hide and your stomach won't grow. But once you share it, you'll be surprised, your stomach grows bigger... the baby is happier than you when you do that."

 

New learning for Seohyun. She unconsciously looked down at her stomach and hugs it with her arms. 'I will tell your father soon, baby. Don't worry.' she thought, feeling more confident than last night.

 

"Come back when it's your 18th week so we could tell the gender. Also here." The doctor almost forgot and she took another piece of paper. "You need to avoid certain foods and drinks so it won't cause you some trouble. It's your first time you might get a miscarriage in this pregnancy journey. Quit doing the gym and avoid jumping. You can do exercise but only light, araso?"

 

"Yes, doctor, thank you." Once again Seohyun thanked her ob-gyne and she bowed as she bids farewell casually.

 

 

:::

 

 

Once he got out of his car, Yoong spreads his arms and inhaled that fresh air in Han River Park. He really couldn't take it any longer and he left work to go home but instead, he finds himself in the park, where there are few people only enjoying their walks and games with their loved ones. But he hasn't even enjoyed the place when she saw a car pulled over next to his. 

 

"Aish, how did he knows I'm here?" he already knew it's his older brother. "Wait, Aish, he put a tracker on me!" he exclaimed and walked to his brother's car, who just got out. "You. Where did you put that tracker?"

 

"Oh, Yoong, you're here as well." Taeyeon however doesn't know what his brother is talking about.

 

Yoong raises his brows. "You don't know I'm here?" as it surprised him.

 

"No. What are you doing here, anyway? I thought you went home?" ask Taeyeon as he chuckles.

 

"I'm... here for some fresh air. You know, I barely survived earlier." 

 

"Make sense." nodded Taeyeon, walking past at his brother.

 

"And what are you doing here?" Quick, Yoong catches up with his older brother.

 

"To have some fresh air as well and... have my favorite." a big and childish smile spreads on Taeyeon's face. He didn't think twice and he runs to the food stall nearby like a kid.

 

Yoong stopped in his tracks, finding himself watching his brother and something causes him to recall that moment in their childhood.

 

"Omma! Appa! Quick!"

 

"We want corndogs!"

 

It was when they were 12 and 13, they went to a park with their parents and they found a food stall. Being in love with foods, they hastily drag their parents to the stall and make their parents buy it for them. 

 

"He hasn't changed at all." Following Taeyeon, Yoong couldn't stop smiling until he reached him.

 

"You need to relax as well." said Taeyeon as he handed his brother the stick of corndog and a cup of tea. He ushered him to take a seat nearby. "Because life isn't about work." he added once his brother sits down across him.

 

"I know. But that project. It was my first project in the company, Hyung. How am I supposed to move on?" sighs Yoong before taking a bite with his food. "Aigoo, and I had morning sickness, it just added to my stress."

 

"Nah, it's just first, there are more of it so don't stress out. And the investors trust you. They're not going anywhere. I'm excited about that project though because it could be the first." Taeyeon smiled and took a bite of his corndogs. He smiled bigger as he munched on it, bringing memories to his mind.

 

"I know, so I'll do my best to continue that." a confident smile painted on Yoong's face as he just gained strength from his brother's words.

 

"You haven't contacted Taehyung?" ask Taeyeon as it crosses his mind. He hasn't heard about him as well since he mentioned his brother is back.

 

"He hasn't also contacted me too." Yoong shrugs his shoulders, casually sipping on his tea. "I think he's busy with work as well. He even has to hurry himself to fetch me the day I returned. I'll just wait when is he available."

 

"Well, friends don't always keep in touch." 

 

"Right."

 

"Tell me what's going on with you and Seohyun these days?"

 

The sudden question causes Yoong to slightly widened his eyes and he blushes. "We're good. As always."

 

"I was saying about l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter