Ch 15

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

15 | Final 1.2

 

 

***

 

 

Just as Hyo thought it would be her and Seohyun only living in his apartment, Yoong is too fast to find them and it actually amazes her. It's only evidence that his love is true.

 

"Yoong, you really love, Seohyun no?" she surprised the couple with her question in the middle of having their dinner. 

 

Yoong looked at Seohyun and smile. "Yes." As he proudly says and took a bite of his rice while smiling on his own.

 

"Unnie, what kind of question is that?" Seohyun glared at her midwife who shrugs her shoulders.

 

"Tell me, when did you know you fell for her? I know Seohyun was crushing on you back in college but I don't know your story." Hyo continued as she wanted to know also, earning another glare from the young actress and she just stuck her tongue.

 

Yoong loved the question. He made a brief eye-contact with his wife before he paid attention to Hyo, sitting across him. "It was during my third year in college." he honestly told her.

 

Seohyun blushes, looking down at her food as she keeps quiet, listening to her husband only.

 

"I already know her during the first semester, she was an art and theater student and I'm an IT student. We have one the same subject, that's where I know her. She's this friendly to everyone that's why she caught my attention right away. I was a bit introverted at that time so it was hard for me to approached her and I guess she also noticed me because she never had eye-contact with me during the first week of being classmates. Until one of my friends have shared that he's earning money through researching and making a thesis for some students, I started doing that not only for me to earn but also to... have the confidence of myself to approach her. It was during midterm when I first have that courage to ask her if she has troubles with her research, she can contact me. I guess I got her interested and so she asks me to help her. That's where our friendship started then blooms into love. I think I fell in love with her the moment I get to know her better..." Yoong ended it with a sweet smile to Seohyun who is apparently blushing. 

 

"That's why you put the passcode as the graduation ball date?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows. The small story from the doe-eyed definitely flutters her.

 

"Omo, indeed. That was our first date." Yoong giggles.

 

"Aww... that's too cute. But Seohyun shared even you haven't approached her she already crushing on you." Hyo just had no other words to say but she's impressed at their love story. It was typical for movies but it's definitely happening in reality.

 

"Yes, she told me." Yoong got shy as he looked down on his food.

 

"How about you, Unnie? Aren't you dating, anyone?" Seohyun shifted the topic as she wanted to know also.

 

"No, just finish your meals." Hyoyeon playfully stuck her tongue and took her chopsticks back, which made the couple chuckle and casually complied.

 

"By the way, I don't think this is the right place, Hyun." Yoong finally speaks what he had been in his head.

 

"What do you mean?" Seohyun's attention averted to him right away.

 

"This place is too small. I mean, you should go home to your parents than staying here. It's not good because you can't walk around as what your doctor has suggested." 

 

"I was thinking of protecting my parents, that's why I choose this place." explained Seohyun, not thinking twice when she made her decision. She stares down at the strawberries and sighs. 

 

"I agree with Yoong. The place isn't good for your pregnancy. And the fact that you shouldn't be going out."

 

"Tomorrow, as soon as the sun rises or even before that, I'll send you guys home." Yoong announced without hesitations.

 

Seohyun nodded and smile. "I guess I really have to go home." But she's sad once again, knowing she's going to leave him in the city. But she's determined to sacrifice, at least when she gives birth. She needs to stay strong for her, for him and their baby.

 

Yoong took her hand and kissed it lovingly, not leaving his gazes with hers. 'Please, God, give me strength and this woman as we take this challenge.' he thought.

 

 

:::

 

(5:00 am)

 

Shutting the alarm clock off on his phone, Yoong checks on Seohyun lying next to him right away and gently shakes her. "Hey, wake up. It's time to go." he whispered. He shakes her for some more until she opened her eyes, still sleepy but she gets up with him. He guided her to the bathroom and let her wash her face and brush her teeth first before he does the same.

 

"You guys ready?" Hyo peeks from the door.

 

"Yes, Unnie." Says Seohyun letting out such a huge yawn as she tied her hair into a ponytail. She took her pajama dress off and put on a new dress. She also wears her jacket and coat.

 

"I'm waiting in the living room. Come out when you guys are ready." said Hyo, closing the door close as she returned to the living room. Their luggage is already waiting for them.

 

Yoong came out just ten minutes later, greeted by his new shirt and pants by Seohyun who help her put on his clothes. "Thanks." He said after he wore his jacket and coat. 

 

Taking her husband's hand, Seohyun walked out with him, hand in hand, and meet with Hyo in the living room. Yoong drives them to a small airport where the company's private plane is waiting for them.

 

"Here. Take this." Yoong handed his debit card.

 

"What?! No! It's yours." Seohyun however declined.

 

"I have another in here. We're married now, aren't we? And one of the things I want to do is to share my earnings with you. So take this." Yoong insisted and put it in his wife's pocket. He leaned in to capture her lips and kissed her, longingly. He's grabbing the chance to pour his love on her, as he will be missing everything with her. 

 

Seohyun is the same, not allowing any second to waste as she wants her husband to know that he's the only one for her. She will remember this moment in four months. If plans will be on their side, she'll meet him on her due date. 

 

After some time, they pulled back, smiling bitterly at one another, but admiring their features at the same time. It's amazing how are they still head over heels with one another. Maybe it will last longer than being separated. 

 

"I love you." Whispered Yoong, gently places his pair of lips on her forehead, and stays there as he holds her in his arms. Tears automatically left from the corner of his eyes.

 

"I love you too, Yoong." Whispers Seohyun back. She can feel his tears and she wanted to do the same but she thought of holding it back. She just hugs him and leaned into his smell again. 'Four months, I hope you come faster.' She thought, pulling back gently to kissed him again but only for a couple of seconds.

 

"Call me whenever you want, okay? I won't mind." Yoong said as he took her hand back and guided her to the plane. "Remember, to do as Hyo will tell you. And don't think too much please."

 

"I know." Seohyun peck on his lips again before taking her seat next to Hyo. Yoong stood looking at them with sweet smiles. "You guys take care."

 

"You too, Yoong. Send our regards to your brother." Hyo replied, flashing a genuine smile.

 

"Yes." Yoong turned and only to face them again as he leaned down to once again kissed his wife. "I love you. Tell Seoyoung every day I love her, okay?"

 

"Always." Seohyun is fluttering.

 

Yoong also kisses her stomach and he stayed there for about a minute and ten seconds. "I'll see you soon." he said for the last time. He leaves without looking back anymore and meets with the pilot.

 

Seohyun finally couldn't hold back and she silently cries. She got Hyo's handkerchief to muff the sound of her cries.

 

 

:::

 

(2 weeks later-hospital)

 

 

"Engine Tech will still relaunch its new technology despite Taehyung's case. They said it wasn't entirely Taehyung's project either way. It's the companies."

 

Taeyeon wasn't surprised at all with the news hearing it from the tv. He knew from the start it will not be easy to get his brother's project. But he's feeling good knowing Yoong is about to launch something that will amaze everyone. He's confident he's going to make not only him but Seohyun's parents proud.

 

Turning off the tv, he saw Jessica walked inside the room and greeted him with a friendly smile.

 

"Haven't seen Tiffany. She's not going to visit you anymore?" Ask Jessica as she checks his IV. 

 

"She's busy. You know, the Holiday is coming." Informed Taeyeon. He smiled at her back. Actually, having Nurse Jung is better than Tiffany, he won't feel awkward and sad at all. And she's really that friendly. "How about you, Nurse Jung? Aren't you busy nowadays?"

 

"Nope. There's a lot of patients to take care of. Maybe when Christmas gets closer, I will be." Jessica giggles and she pulled the comforter down as she began to massage his legs.

 

Taeyeon couldn't help and flutter as he continued to massage him.

 

"Your wounds are healing fast. Pretty sure the doctor will soon announce your discharge. Probably before Christmas." Jessica couldn't wait for that time. She has grown to like taking care of him.

 

"I see... And I'm actually feeling better than the first time I woke up." Softly Taeyeon said. He is more than excited.

 

"So happy for you, Taeyeon-ssi." 

 

"Thanks for your help, Nurse Jung." 

 

Jessica smiled cheerfully. "It's nothing. Anyway, your brother called he will be a little late. So let me accompany you for a while." She pulled the chair nearby and took the apple but she noticed the book next to him. "You have read that?"

 

"Yes. I think a week after. You want to read this too?" Taeyeon picked it and handed it to his nurse.

 

"Yeah, I got interested when you told me the plot. I'll give this back when I'm done. Thanks." Jessica gently accepted it and put it on the nightstand as she resumes peeling the apple.

 

*

 

Yoong let out a huge yawn first the moment he reached the door of his brother's ward. He unlocked it and walked inside just to see him sleeping already. It's almost midnight, not surprised at all. 

 

Pulling the coffee table near him, Yoong took a seat and his laptop out from his backpack. He smiles brightly when his eyes are greeted by Seohyun's face which causes him to took his notebook out and flipped a few pages then checked the date of the night. It's the thirteenth night he will have a video call with Seohyun.

 

"Hey, baby." And he greeted enthusiastically waving at her on the camera as soon as her bright smiles were seen on the screen. "You just got back from a walk?" Ask him when he realized the sweats on her face.

 

-

 

Seohyun nodded while wiping the sweats with her face towel. "Be right back, baby." she excused herself to the bathroom.

 

-

 

Yoong took the chance to take his coat off leaving him only on his jacket and shirt. He comfortably laid his back on the sofa as he waits patiently for her. Hyo suddenly came to the screen and greeted him which he greeted back.

 

[How's everything there?]

 

"It's fine. The project is 80% complete. We are gearing up for a February or March launch next year." He shares enthusiastically.

 

[Omo, just close for Seohyun's due date.]

 

Yoong blinks a few times as he tried to recall his wife's due date and hits him. "March 4 right?" 

 

[Yup. Make sure you are here. Doctor Park had already give Seohyun the date of her confinement. Two weeks before the due date, she's already in the hospital.]

 

"I see. Thanks for the heads up, Ms. Kim."

 

[Ugh, I told you to stop calling me that. Call me Noona. Tsk.]

 

[Ms. Kim is I think better.] Seohyun playfully said the moment she returned. [Unnie, I'll handle my husband from here.] And she gently pulled the laptop close to her which causes Hyo to roll her eyes and leaves the room.

 

Yoong chuckle when he saw that. "You guys are really like siblings now."

 

[We are like a twin now.] Seohyun giggles. [Omo, fluffy come here, Appa is here.] She saw the puppy runs inside the room and she hastily calls her. The latter climbs to her lap immediately.

 

"Aww, she's bigger now." Yoong's heart eventually melted upon seeing fluffy. He misses her too.

 

[You know when I mention your name, he would look at me and tail starts wagging. I think she missed you too.]

 

"Definitely missed her too. But I miss you more and Seoyoung." Sighs Yoong as he cutely pouted.

 

[Yeah same. So tell me what happened today.] Seohyun doesn't want to end up feeling sad again so she hastily asks him. It's their routine every night to share what happened to their day and it's becoming a habit as it would fill into their lonely hearts. Especially that they would see each other smile, giggle and laugh.

 

It feels like they're just in one place not in different places every time they talk.

 

"Good night."

 

[Good night.]

 

And they would always end it with a kiss on their cameras.

 

 

:::

 

 

Parting the curtains in her glass walls, Seohyun's bright smile automatically formed on her lips as she welcomes a new day. She went to the balcony and spread her arms as she closes her eyes, leaning into that air that's as soft as cotton as it brushes her skin. It's making her heart smile and she knows the day will be good again. Her dream is meeting Yoong again and that makes her having a good mood already.

 

Putting her arms down, she slowly looked down to her stomach and caresses it with both hands. "Good morning, Seoyoung ah. Appa and Omma love you!" She softly said, smiling in the process. She closes her eyes back as she wanted to feel her little one inside. She can feel her and it's fluttering her heart.

 

Just then, she heard a knock on the door which causes her to open her eyes back and turned to return to the room. Hyo walked inside with bright greetings in the morning.

 

"Yoong sent another box of milk. He's really taking care of you well and your baby even when he's far, eh?" Hyoyeon couldn't be amazed more. 

 

"I know right? And I have nothing to complain about." Seohyun sweetly smiled, walking out of the room and saw the plastic bags with the boxes. She reached the living room soon and checked if he left any note again. She found one and read it with sweet smiles on her face.

 

Love is patient. 

 

"You're doing it right, Im Yoong." Chuckled her lightly, placing the note in her pocket as she proceeds to the dining area where her parents are already there waiting for her. 

 

Hyo joined them later after placing the boxes in the cabinet.

 

Their breakfast is quiet yet smiles are on their faces as they converse once in a while.

 

 

:::

 

(Im Tech)

 

 

Just as he reached the ground floor, Yoong almost falls when he runs all the way to the lift just to catch the ride. He is panting and sweating making everyone around him uncomfortable. "I'm sorry. I have a meeting to catch." He told them as he checks his wristwatch.

 

"Mr. Im, fix your tie. It's losing." Someone from the side told him.

 

"Yes?" Looking down, he mentally facepalms after realizing his tie. He put his envelope in between his legs as he tried to tie it again. "Ugh." But it's hard. 

 

Someone steps in and tie it for him. "Thanks." He got shy and bowed his head as he smiled a little at the young lady. However, the lady suddenly took her brush from her shoulder bag and brushes his hair gently.

 

"Uh, I-I can handle." Yoong tried to stop her but she insisted.

 

"You would look like a poor man there if you don't fix your hair, Mr. Im." The young lady explained and brushes his hair a few times before she got satisfied. She also buttons up his blazer and fix his collar then patted his chest. "You're good to go."

 

Yoong bowed his head. "Thank you." It was uncomfortable but he's thankful for her help. 

 

"Shin Se Kyung by the way, Mr. Im. Mr. Kwon's new secretary." The young lady introduced herself.

 

"Yes, I know." Yoong flashes an awkward smile. 

 

*ding

 

As soon as his floor comes, He hastily came out and headed straight to the meeting room. He's going to meet the marketing team again for their new campaign. 

 

"I'm sorry I'm late." He bowed a couple of times to the team and gesture them to take their seats. "Please start." And he kindly announced. 

 

As the team started their report, he felt his phone vibrated and he has to briefly put his attention on his phone, and smile when it's a message coming from Seohyun.

 

Love is patient but Love is YOU. Have a good day, Yoongie! Miss you every day. Love you~

 

Seoyoung says, fighting Appa!

 

He giggles upon seeing a photo of her stomach. 'Aigoo my baby's turning six months soon.' But he sighs upon reminding himself he won't be there to celebrate her. But he's definitely going to video call them again.

 

-

 

The cafeteria is pretty much occupied. Yoong scanned the place for an empty table and finally finds one next to the vending machine. He set his tray of food on the table and took a picture of it to send to his wife. It's one of their daily routines, sharing each other's food so they will know they're eating healthily. It's also his way to monitor Seohyun.

 

Seohyun: Yummy! Enjoy your meal, baby Yoongie! Love you~

 

"She sounds like we are still dating." Yoong mumbles but it was heard by his colleagues. He hastily put his phone down and focused on his food.

 

Eating alone isn't new and he has no problem at all. And he's enjoying every bite he is taking and occasionally he would drink his bottle of water.

 

"Can I share the table with you, Mr. Im?" However, Se Kyung approached him, immediately flashing her cheerful smile.

 

"Yeah, sure." Yoong smiled back and took another bite. He is having a chicken salad and potato fries. He would dip the fry into the ketchup before eating it.

 

"Um, Mr. Im, you have some ketchup." Se Kyung noticed and she softly told him, pointing at it. It amuses her.

 

Yoong got the tissue paper on the side and was about to wipe it off when she got it from his hand and wiped it away for him instead. "T-thanks." He smiled a little, taking the tissue back to wipe it off completely on his own.

 

"You're so cute, Mr. Im." Se Kyung suddenly told him, smiling in a flirty way.

 

"Thanks. Um, please mind your-"

 

"Can I invite you for a movie premiere tonight?"

 

Yoong got stunned but eventually shakes his head. "I'm sorry. I have plans."

 

"Tomorrow?"

 

"Also tomorrow."

 

"The day after tomorrow?"

 

"Absolutely!" Yoong chuckled and shakes his head. "I'm sorry but I have a wife who always waits for me to come home." And he didn't hesitate to drop her delusions he'll like her.

 

"Oh, so rumors are true." Sekyung is disappointed but not surprised at all.

 

"Rumors?" Yoong squinted his eyes.

 

"That you're married now. I mean everyone saw that post on your social media. Aigoo, she's one of the hella lucky women. You're the most handsome bachelor I've seen." Sekyung said without a doubt and she's glad he confirmed right away. "Actually just tested you. It seems you're so faithful to your wife. I'm jealous of her to have a husband like you."

 

Yoong nodded his head. "I see... you know it's odd when you acted that way out of a sudden. But I'm lucky to have a gorgeous wife." He corrected, proudly smiling.

 

 

:::

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter