Ch 09

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

09 | Gift

 

 

***

 

 

Yoong wanted to call his brother but he noticed Seohyun had been watching from the car, looking confused at what he's up to. He turned around and gives his time to relax and decided to put his phone back in his pocket. He then smiled cheerfully to himself and turned to continue his way to the car.

 

"What's happening?" Seohyun greeted with a question.

 

"Nothing." Said Yoong as he put the small pouch containing her medicines in the compartment. "Let's continue this ride now to the south." Announced him, turning on the engine and drives off carefully.

 

Seohyun had suspicious stares towards the doe-eyed for about three minutes then she decided not to mind it anymore. Maybe it was just some text from the company but she knew he took a week of leave for their trip to her parents. 

 

"Just grabs some food there if you're hungry." Yoong reminded glancing at his girlfriend with a sweet smile. "While Fluffy isn't hungry yet." Giggles him as he also checked on their puppy at the backseat. 

 

"What about you?" Ask Seohyun as she opened a cracker. She still has morning sickness but it wasn't as worse as the first time anymore.

 

"I have eaten a lot earlier. I'll eat during lunchtime." 

 

"I see." Nodded Seohyun and shifted her attention on the road. She got quiet as she thought of Tiffany's words earlier which make her sigh and glance at Yoong from time to time. It's making her stressed because the idea definitely will have an impact on both of them. They're only excited to raise their baby not thinking of marriage which she thinks can both halt their careers. But isn't raising their child together will already take effect? It's also like a marriage but through their baby.

 

'No, there's another way for this. We can both raise our baby girl without stopping from our careers. Yeah, I should search for an answer later. Ugh, I shouldn't be like this.' She shakes her head vigorously in an attempt of getting rid of the thought.

 

"Wae?" Yoong noticed and he asks softly.

 

"Hmm? N-nothing." A big reassuring smile automatically formed on Seohyun's lips.

 

"Something's bothering you?" 

 

"Just quiet anxious for my parents' reaction, that's all." 

 

Yoong smiled and took his girlfriend's hand as he held it while driving. "It'll be fine." 

 

"Yeah." Seohyun responded simply, holding back Yoong's hand.

 

"So we haven't named the baby. What's in your mind?" Yoong realized they have yet to think of a name. "Think for a name and I will too."

 

Seohyun did not reply as she finds herself thinking of a great girl's name. She thought of her childhood and her favorite cartoon character, Sakura. But that's a Japanese name. So she thinks again and this time an idea pop-up in her head. "Why don't we combine our name?" she suggested right away.

 

"Oh, that's a great idea. How about... Jooyoong?"

 

"That sounds like a male name. Seo Young. How about that?"

 

Yoong smiled brightly, taking a glance at his girlfriend. "Yeah, that's great. Im Seo Young." He said excitedly and Seohyun smiled back proudly.

 

 

:::

 

 

Six hours, one-stop for lunch and a stop for comfort room, the couple reached Seohyun's parents' household just as the sun setting from the west. They're welcomed warmly and Yoong was amazed by how much their house has upgraded. The last time he remembers, it was just a small house but now, it's a two-story looking like a vacation villa. Not to mention a garden is at the backyard that brings fresh air. Indeed, Seohyun's hard work has paid off. 

 

"You guys must be tired, take a rest first and we'll call you for dinner." Mr. Seo told them as they entered Seohyun's bedroom. "We'll take care of fluffy for the meantime." he added as he giggles at the puppy in his arm.

 

"Right, feel at home, Yoong-ah." said Mrs. Seo softly as well before closing the door and dragging her husband to the kitchen right away.

 

Wrapping his arms around Seohyun's, Yoong got her startled. "I'm a bit tired." he whispered as he closes his eyes.

 

"Of course, since you're the one who drives." says Seohyun, caressing the doe-eyed's cheek. "You go rest as I unpack."

 

Yoong let go of her and turned her around. "Don't you think your parents noticed?"

 

"My baby bump?"

 

"Yes." He nodded as he glanced at Seohyun's stomach. The loose hoodie shirt however covered it that it's not quite obvious.

 

"No." Seohyun believes so. "They would have been shocked or they confront us immediately. Go rest now." she instructed, pushing him gently down to the bed as she took a seat at the edge to their luggage.

 

Yoong smiled briefly as he lays down. He couldn't miss little Seohyun's frame on top of the nightstand and her bunny stuff toy. The trophies and medals on the wall as well. She was really that smart back then and he can't help but be proud. Especially that she never brags about it when they first started dating in college. Although in their senior year, she never mentioned her achievement when she was in elementary and high school.

 

Glancing at her for the last time, he closes his eyes and easily fell asleep on her bed.

 

Seohyun was just normally unpacking both of their stuff to the closet when she came across a velvet box, in between Yoong's pants. She glanced at him and returned to the box which made her feels like it's something she had been thinking earlier. 'No way he's planning to propose.' she thought and curiously took it, just to hesitantly opened the box that's making her heart double its pace. But she changed her mind return it inside, exhaling deeply.

 

 

:::

 

 

"I think the last time I saw you were three years ago, cheosuk?" Mrs. Seo shares as she pours Yoong a glass of juice. "What did you guys have been doing for that three years and you didn't visit us?" she added curiously.

 

"Omma, we got busy." Seohyun explained. She never shared with her parents that she and Yoong broke up. She has to lie again.

 

"Well, at least you guys are here again." Mr. Seo said, flashing a genuine yet warm smile to the couple before his eyes. "How are you doing, Yoong?" 

 

"I'm doing fine, father." Yoong appreciated the question that warms his heart. "Honestly I've accepted my position in my family's company... and I'm having fun working with him." he added to assure them.

 

"Omo, Chincha?" Mr. and Mrs. Seo both got surprised.

 

"Wow, we thought you're still an assistant manager." Mr. Seo chuckled in disbelief. "You must be doing what you love there."

 

"Yes. I'm in the developer team." smiled Yoong proudly, glancing at Seohyun sweetly as well.

 

"You should have told us, we could have cooked more food to celebrate your new job." Mrs. Seo felt regretful.

 

"We can do that tomorrow." Mr. Seo reminded his wife. "They're here for a week either way."

 

"Omo, that's not necessary anymore, Father. We're here because we're on a break and want to enjoy this as much as possible." Yoong waves his hands before Seohyun's parents as he felt shy about their idea.

 

"No, Yoong. You're part of the family now. That means birthdays, achievements, special occasions in your life is also ours. And we are happy about this so don't decline, araso? You even being here is already a celebration." Mrs. Seo sweetly and genuinely smiled, picking a piece of beef with her chopsticks and transferred it to the doe-eyed. "Eat up, hmm?" 

 

"Yes, thanks mother." Smiled Yoong as he flutters and took a bite of the beef. He smiled even brighter as he showed two thumbs up earning giggles from the Seo Family.

 

"You are really such a good boy." Praises Mr. Seo playfully which causes the doe-eyed to get up and bowed in front of them.

 

"Thank you, father, mother." Said Yoong earning chuckles as he returned to his seat with big cheerful smiles.

 

Everyone then got quiet as they dig into their meals.

 

Seohyun on her seat is silently smiling proudly to her boyfriend. She couldn't believe he still has her parents', soft heart. It makes her feel confident that her parents wouldn't mind about her pregnancy. 

 

"Joohyun, aren't you on diet? You looked like you gained weight?" Mrs. Seo broke the silence at the table when she asks her daughter across her.

 

Seohyun and Yoong looked into each other's eyes instinctively.

 

"And what was that a year of hiatus? You're really ill?" Mr. Seo added another question causing the couple to return their attention to the two adults in front of them. 

 

Yoong took a deep breath and slowly relaxes before putting his chopsticks down. "Father, mother... We... Ca-came here not only because we are on a break." He stammers as he began. His left-hand search for support under the table and Seohyun got it and hold him. 

 

Mr. And Mrs. Seo raises their brows towards him.

 

Taking a glance at Seohyun, Yoong smiled and took a few gulps before he continued, "Joohyunnie... And I... " He pauses to bring their lock of hands on top of the table. Seohyun smiled at him cheering for him. "We are expecting a baby girl." He revealed, confidently and proudly. "We hope you could give us your blessings with this new journey we're taking."

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seo are both agape and shocked. Their eyes went to their daughter unconsciously asking for her to say anything.

 

"Yes, Omma, Appa. We're going to be parents soon." Confirmed Seohyun, hopeful for her parents to be positive with the news they brought in the house. 

 

Staring back at each other, Mr. and Mrs. Seo both sighs and before they could respond, Mrs. Seo gets up, pulling her husband up and drags him to the living room.

 

"Your observation is indeed true. What are we going to do now?" Mrs. Seo asks her husband who earlier told her about the changes in their daughter's body. "I don't even know how to feel about this." She groaned as she stomped her feet a few times. It feels like their daughter just lied to the public and she's not proud of it. But to think of her job it makes sense somehow. "Aigoo, they're eight years now though. I think they love each other that much."

 

"I don't know but... I'm happy. I'm happy our daughter decided not to abort the baby. You heard how a lot of actors in the industry doing abortion to prevent their selves from taking a break right? But she's too brave to take that hiatus and the public even supported her. Aigoo, I'm going to be a grandpa." Mr. Seo heaved a sigh then his lips curved into a cute smile. 

 

Mrs. Seo's lips finally formed into a smile as well. "What else can we do, right? They're adults now and know what they're doing. But what if the public gets to know this? This will end our daughter's career."

 

"Well, I don't mind. She has already proven how good she is as an actress and even got that A-list status in her career. I will only trust Seohyun and her decisions." Said Mr. Seo, proud of her daughter's braveness. "Besides, she has savings enough to even buy a house and build a restaurant or invest in businesses. Acting and singing can't be there forever you know. You need to retire one day and settle down with someone you love."

 

Mrs. Seo giggles. "I love that."

 

"Now let's tell them." Mr. Seo said and drags his wife this time back to their dining table. 

 

"Have you guys think of marriage?" Ask Mrs. Seo right away, stunning the couple.

 

"We-we haven't Omma and we're not planning of that yet." Seohyun replied as she glances at the doe-eyed.

 

"Yes. Marriage isn't in our plans yet. Maybe when the times comes. For now, we are taking Seohyun's pregnancy carefully and seriously and so far, she's doing well. Although there are times she craves food in the middle of the night. It was me who gets too stressed sometimes." Yoong shared with a shy smile to the two adults. 

 

"Yeah, pregnancy is really tough." Mrs. Seo can relate. "But glad you're here with Seohyun, Yoong. I think not all will take responsibility."

 

"I agree." Mr. Seo also smiled proudly at the doe-eyed. "Thank you for taking care of our daughter well, Yoong. And Seohyun, don't make it hard or him."

 

Seohyun chuckled in disbelief. "Aren't you guys worried for me too?"

 

"Of course we are." Mr. And Mrs. Seo firmly replied together. 

 

"That's why we took some time to return. I mean, we're thinking of how is this affecting your job but we are proud that you never took the baby. It's so brave for you, don't you know that?" Mrs. Seo explained herself and on behalf of her husband. She got emotional and couldn't contain it as she teared up. "I'm not crying. It's just some onions."

 

"Omma." Getting up, Seohyun approaches her mother gives her a back hug. "I'm sorry." She got influence and she silently cries.

 

"There's no need to." Mr. Seo said, rubbing his daughter's arm. "As long as you guys are doing what's right, we will always be here to support." He smiled at Yoong as well earning a bow from the latter. "And don't forget to call us if you need help. We can babysit your daughter if you guys are busy."

 

 

:::

 

 

Upon entering her bedroom back, Seohyun was greeted by Yoong, sitting on the bed while his back is against the headboard. He let out a huge sigh not aware she just returned after washing the dishes with her mother.

 

"Wae?" She approached him, furrowing her eyebrows.

 

"Oh, you're here. Uh, just finished talking with your father earlier. I can't believe he gives me a lot of advice and I'm a bit pressured." Chuckled Yoong afterward. He moves on the side to let his girlfriend sits on the bed as well.

 

"What did he tell you?" Seohyun joined her boyfriend on the bed, allowing her legs to finally relax. 

 

"He told me I should always be patient with you and to stop you from asking for something, I should buy everything you crave. Also, he told me to make you good foods every day. Your father is a fan of anime series, isn't he? He mentioned one and told me to watch it because I can get tips on how a pregnant woman feels every day." 

 

"Seriously?" Seohyun laughs softly and shakes her head. "I can't believe him. But glad you listen to him, he always tells me to take everything he said at heart coz it will help me a lot."

 

"I'm definitely taking it." Yoong giggles. Just then his phone rings on top of the nightstand which shifted his attention to the device. "I'll take this phone call first." He picked it up and went to the balcony, leaving Seohyun wondering about it. 

 

'He received a message that made him frustrated back in the pharmacy as well. It must be the same person.' Seohyun thought and feels like her boyfriend has some problems he isn't sharing. Suddenly the door opens and fluffy came running inside. She got off of the bed and meet with her halfway and brought her in her arms. "Good night, Omma." 

 

"Good night Hyun." Said Mrs. Seo sweetly, closing the door back.

 

Tilting her head to the balcony, Seohyun sighs as she decided not to eavesdrop. "Let's get you to sleep now, fluffy." She told the puppy and walk to her little bed next to her. She crouched down and gently put her down. 

 

"NO!" 

 

She got startled when she heard Yoong yelled from the balcony. "Probably about work or... Taehyung? Night, night, fluffy." she pats the puppy's head twice before getting up and walking to the balcony just as Yoong ended the conversation. The latter turned just to see her.

 

"Hey." Yoong tried to put a normal face as she approached Seohyun.

 

"What was that?" ask Seohyun as she encircled her arms around his waist without leaving his eyes.

 

Yoong sighs heavily. "I was about to tell you. It's about Taehyung. He recently bailed out, right? Well, then I think his plans are coming true." He showed the article on his phone. "And he released a statement about their new device."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter