Ch 01

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01 | Ghosting

 

 

***

 

 

One young man let out a huge exhale as his eyes are on the beautiful blue sky and the smile is so big. He is feeling so good despite the drowsiness in her eyes after a long flight back home. It's been three years and six months, he's finally back and is planning to stay like had planned when he left his home country. 
 

The busy surroundings didn't even distract him as he continues to enjoy the weather in a famous park while closing his eyes. Sun rays are warm, which he loves about it, as if it welcomes him back. One could tell he's like doing a commercial film with his beautiful features. Not to mention a small dimple is apparent.

 

His mind and soul are at peace.

 

But before he can keep it, he heard someone trying to catch his attention that he fluttered his eyes open, slowly. And he gently turned to face the source of the voice.

 

"Can I ask you something?"

 

It was quite blurry at first but as soon as he got a clearer vision, his heart skipped a beat to recognize the person standing before him.

 

'Seo... hyun?' He slightly widened his eyes.

 

and it looks like she is surprised to realize him also.

 

"N-never mind." Before he knows it, she turned around and walked away. He wanted to call her but he noticed there are people now paying attention to her and she was chased.

 

'It's been... three years.' He thought as he sighs halfheartedly. He unconsciously bit his lip and sighs again, watching her being mobbed by her fans. Well, he can only watch as those securities are helping her, and also the doubt she would appreciate him if he helps her getting out of the park.

 

However, he can't deny the fact that Seohyun is still the most beautiful face he has ever seen. She's an actress and singer for nothing either way. And she's really that popular now.

 

sigh.

 

"Yoong!"


Just then, he was called by a familiar voice which causes him to tilt his head to his right and smile to see his friend, Taehyung, waving his arm as he jogs towards him. "Been waiting for you like a day."

 

"I'm sorry, I have to wait for my break first. But you're enjoying the park, either way, there's nothing to sulk." Chuckled Taehyung, taking his friend's luggage and bag. "Your condo or your penthouse?" 
 

"Penthouse. You know my condo isn't a good place to stay anymore." Said Yoong, leading his friend to leave. 
 

"Omo, was there a celebrity?" Taehyung saw a small crowd nearby as he catches up with his friend right away.

 

"Some popular celebrity. By the way, you got me my favorite right?" A big grin plastered in Yoong's features. 
 

"Ugh, you haven't really change." Taehyung rolled his eyes in annoyance. But before he knows it, the doe-eyed runs to his car waiting for them, leaving him agape and speechless. "Yah don't finish them all! That's my favorite too!" But he eventually runs after his friend.

 

Yoong got the passenger seat right away and he opened the compartment, picking one bag of potato chips. "Thanks, bro." He brightly told him when reclined the driver's seat. He didn't wait for his reaction as he opened it and began eating it. "Ugh, potato chips in Seoul is really different from the Netherlands." 

 

Taehyung cringe watching his friend dramatically taking bites of the potato chips like doing it in a commercial film. "I wouldn't be surprised you'll be a cf model." Mumbles him and the engine as he drives them off.

 

"I'm planning to." Joke Yoong giggling before taking another bite. He's literally enjoying it already. 
 

"You're really... going to help your big brother now?" Taehyung asks taking a glance at his friend.

 

Yoong smiled and took few chips into his big mouth before he answers, "It's destined."

 

"Well, good for you. He would definitely be happy."

 

"Nah, also our parents." Yoong sighs as he got quiet and stopped eating his chips while staring outside. His heart is suddenly aching thinking of his late parents he had missed for five years now. They're probably happier with his decision now. He's smiling on his own, feeling proud of himself.

 

"Yoong, don't be surprised." 
 

Upon hearing that meaningful sentence, He turned to look at his friend and eyebrows rising. He doesn't need to ask why as his eyes shifted to the big screen from a building, showing Seohyun's commercial film. Yoong just fakes a smile towards his friend as he took a big bite of his chips, turning his attention to the road quietly.
 

"Three years, right?" Taehyung asks the obvious.

 

"Yeah."

 

"Three years since you ghosted her." 
 

However the statement from his friend cause Yoong to glare at his friend.

 

Taehyung chuckled and he playfully patted his shoulder. "I'm just kidding. But you know what? I'm glad she's doing well. But every time I see her face on big screens, posters, billboards, It always brings me to that day. I mean night. Well, no regrets, she-"

 

"Let's not talk about her. I just returned after years, this should be a celebration." Yoong interrupted before his friend can actually make his heartache. That night was totally a nightmare for him and it's one of the reasons he decided to leave the country and be on his own.

 

"I'm sorry." Taehyung sighs as he decided to turn on the radio and blasted it to change the atmosphere in the car.

 

 

:::

 

 

Just as Seohyun returned to her apartment, she was greeted by her friend, Tiffany, watching her favorite tv series on Netflix and eating popcorns from a big bowl.

 

"I thought you have a schedule today?"

 

The question from her friend stopped her from going to her bedroom. "How'd you know?" It surprises her to know that she asked her as well.

 

Tiffany stirred her attention from the tv to her friend. "You won't be early going home, Joohyun." She said as a matter of fact.

 

Seohyun sighs and nods. She then runs her fingers on her hair as she turns to continue to her bedroom. "Stop watching that trashy drama." She told her loud enough.

 

"Yah, it's ing good! You should watch this with me!" Tiffany responded in a yelling away. She played the drama again as her attention resumed to it.

 

Seohyun exhaustedly fell on her back on the mattress with a sigh. She was supposed to enjoy the day but her celebrity status in life is making her regret going out. She was pushed and pulled earlier for so many times which got her a little cut on her arm.

 

But the thought of Yoong pop up on her head, she hastily sits up.

 

'He didn't recognize me, did he? But he was surprised as well. Damn, from all people...' She thought and fell on her back again. 'This place is really small for us. But... after three years... I just met him. And... He looked a little chubbier now.' Her lips curved into a big smile. It must be a couple of seconds only but she noticed it. He has a little mustache even. 'Aish, why am I thinking of him? We're freaking done.' She literally shakes her head and rolled her body to the right side only to see the digital clock just turns 3pm, indeed, she doesn't have any schedule and she's bored. Really, really, really bored that her mind crossed the doe-eyed guy. 

 

Rolling back to the center as she stares at the ceiling, 'Is he married?' She unconsciously got curious about him.

 

Getting up, she walked to her desk and opens her laptop. And she typed on his name on the search button. "Ugh, as if he's a famous person. He was just a simple guy." She decided to turn off her laptop and instead she took her phone from her sling bag. She remembers he has a social media account. And yes, he freaking unfollowed her and even deleted their photos, the last time she checked.

 

Without hesitation, she searched his account, and thankfully he doesn't put his account to private. "Wow." Was all she can say while she's browsing hos photos which is mostly from different places. Not to mention, countries. All photos are also showing him alone. 'So he had been traveling for the past three years. Now, this makes sense why I've never bump with him until that moment in the park. He probably just returned.'

 

"Seo Joohyun come out here!" 

 

She rolled her eyes upon hearing her friend's loud voice.

 

"YAH! HURRY! YOU NEED TO SEE THIS!"

 

"Coming!" Doesn't have a choice, She gets up and walked out of her room. "What is it?" as she lazily approached her friend to the living room. 

 

"Look who's on the tv." Tiffany exclaimed pointing at the tv screen.

 

Seohyun just casually turned her head only to widened her eyes in disbelief to see herself on the news. It was just a couple of hours ago she has gone to the public park, she's now on tv being one of the hot topics because she was being mobbed by fans when they recognized her. "Aigoo." she took her seat next to her friend as she sighs.

 

"Is that...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter