Ch 06

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06 | Challenge

 

 

***

 

 

"Pardon?" came Yoong's reaction after a couple of seconds of silence. He barely could take the news. It's like a bad dream or something. "I-I... " he looked down to the photo and then to Seohyun, recalling that night he returned. "I got you pregnant that... night?" 

 

Seohyun nodded and slowly looked down on her lap, fidgeting with her fingers. "I'm sorry... But I just want you to know, no-no needs to take responsibility for this. You got a lot in your sleeves right now and I don't want to add with that." she said, feeling like she needed to assure him so he won't be overstressed. 

 

"Hold on, please... don't say that stuff first." Standing up, Yoong holds his head in both hands, pacing back and forth as he processed the news. He doesn't know what to do or feel about it. It's totally unexpected. Well, that night was also unexpected, they only snapped out the next morning. He felt irresponsible. "Stupid. I'm so stupid." he said so loud, smacking her head a few times.

 

"Wae?" ask Seohyun in confusion.

 

Yoong stopped walking as he looks at Seohyun in the eyes. "That was so irresponsible for me. I... I'm sorry. What will happen to you now? This is... huge news, Seohyun. This could affect your career and I'm at the fault for this." he smacks his forehead again and again. "Why am I so stupid? Always making those stupid mistakes!"

 

Seohyun is hurting watching the doe-eyed hitting himself. "No, Yoong, please. It's not you, it's me also." she pulled the IV off as she steps out of the bed and holds his wrists to stop him. She stares deeply into his eyes as those tears are hinting to fall. "I could've stopped you but... that night... I just really miss you and... I was insane to do it with you. To do that with you. It's also my fault."

 

"Joohyun... I'm sorry... but... " Yoong let go of her hands. He stepped backward and stares down at her stomach. "You should abort that."

 

"What?" Seohyun gasps. "No way!" she exclaimed.

 

"Are you thinking?"

 

"No! You're not thinking straight, Im Yoong!"

 

"What about you?!" Yoong whined. "How will you... manage to continue acting? This is happening. I don't think... you can able to return even after giving birth." he hates to say it but he could foresee what's going to happen and it's making him really feel bad. 

 

Seohyun scoffs and sent glares to the doe-eyed. "I know what will happen to me. I can't believe you will tell me that." She grabs her coat and wore it. She stares down at the ultrasound and sighs.

 

"Where are you going?" Ask Yoong as he held her hand. Seohyun gives the photo and yanked his hand away, walking out of the room. He was about to follow her when he realized he shouldn't. He finds himself staring at the photo for about a couple of minutes. It's making his heart hurt, irresponsible, stupid but in the middle of it, he is slightly softened as he thinks it's a baby, an innocent baby and he is the father. He is freaking the father of their child. Reminding himself of growing up without parents just hurts even more and he will do the same with this baby in the photo. He felt guilty for what he had done to Seohyun. Tears finally drop as he finally stormed outside and look for the young actress. 

 

He found her just getting inside the lift which causes him to run as fast he can and got in before it closes. He didn't wait for her to react as he pulled her for a tight hug. "Let's take care of the baby." whispered him, firmly. 

 

Seohyun's eyes widened. But before she knows it, Yoong pulled back and he held her head, leaning in to kiss her on the lips. She tried to push him but he holds her waist and pulled her close to his body, then kiss her more, asking for her to give him access. She tried her best not to but each second passes is unbearable and she finds herself opening her lips, kissing Yoong back. Arms slowly wrapped around his neck as she and he kiss passionately alone in the elevator.

 

Every worries and stress in their minds and hearts are slowly fading as they kiss them away.

 

 

:::

 

 

Waking up in a good mode, Seohyun's lips curved into a big smile as she reminisced what happened. The kiss, Yoong's promise to take care of her and their baby, their holding hands on their way to his penthouse and how they kiss again on his bed, as they cuddle to sleep, everything is great and she's so overwhelmed at the moment. She feels on cloud nine as if it's her first time sleeping with Yoong. He really took care of her all night, reassuring he won't ever leave her anymore. 

 

She thought she will regret telling him but everything's really worth the wait. She however understands his worries and she's assuring him everything also.

 

Closing her eyes, she inhaled his scent from his long sleeves that she's apparently wearing and sighs in satisfaction. Big smiles are still there. Yes, her crave for his scent is really in her sleeve now and it feels like a dream come true. Well, she has to ask him to take it off so she could satisfy her craving. And Yoong got shy when he ends up sleeping shirtless.

 

Fifteen minutes later after enjoying his smell, She finally got off of the bed and walked out the room, tying her hair while walking downstairs. She can already hear and smell the pleasant smell from the kitchen. And she literally had to rush there to see her gorgeous boyfriend, wearing an apron while frying their breakfast. His cute smile, little dimples, and his humming of a song just bring a bright atmosphere in the kitchen. She finds herself mesmerized by him. 

 

Three years, who actually have moved on? It was more like he just went for a long vacation and returned to her. 

 

"Sometimes I wonder if you were born a chef in your past life'?" She playfully asks, finally taking his focus out of the pan.

 

"You're awake?" Came Yoong's response, flashing a bright charming smile towards his very alluring girlfriend. "This will be quick, princess." He says softly.

 

"Who's, princess?" Seohyun frowned.

 

"You." 

 

"No!" Seohyun crossed her arms near her chest. "Don't call me like that. I want you to call me, Joohyunnie." She demanded. "Am I clear?"

 

Yoong blinks and blinks and smiles cheerfully. "Okay, Joohyunnie." He then returned to his pan. He is just frying simple breakfast.

 

Slowly walking towards him, Seohyun slowly and carefully wrapped her arms around his waist, earning a smile from the doe-eyed. "Remember when I used to do this?"

 

"Yes. Because you don't know how to cook. So you prefer back hugging me." Reminded Yoong earning a brief glare. He stuck his tongue out to .

 

"Aish." Unwrapping her arms and hit his back.

 

Yoong turned off the stove and faces his sulky girlfriend. He pulled her so her arms are back around his waist, but this time he is hugging her back. "I can cook for you forever though." He makes it up with a peck on her lips. "Because I love you... I love you... I love you." Whispered him lovingly, eyes not leaving her loving gazes that were just inches apart.

 

Smiling lovingly like him, Seohyun responded with a full kiss that took a couple of seconds before she pulled back and whispered, "I love you, I love you, I love you too my Yoongie. Thank you for accepting this fate with me." She can't help and tell him.

 

"No, thank you for still loving me." Yoong shakes his head gently and he hugs her entirely. "I wasn't sure of my future, to be honest, but after last night, I think I know where this is going." 

 

Seohyun is fluttering hearing those words. And it makes her really want to make up the pain she caused him. Getting pregnant seems not a mistake at all.

 

After some time, they let go of each other, and Yoong put their breakfast on their dining table. He asks her to have it first.

 

"Jjang." Seohyun cutely praises, showing two thumbs up. "But food like this isn't good for me, Yoong. The doctor advised me to eat well for the embryo to grow healthy like a vegetable porridge. Or any salad."

 

"Chincha? Should I cook you right now?" Yoong got up and walks to the stove but Seohyun grabs his wrist and drags him back to his seat. "Wae?"

 

"It's just for today. But starting this lunch, I'll eat healthy foods." Seohyun explained as she took her chopsticks and finally had her first bite on the egg rolls.

 

"Okay." Yoong nodded and cheerfully smiled. He then took one of the egg rolls and was about to feed her when she shakes her head. "Wae?"

 

"I don't want you to feel what am I experiencing. The doctor also told me that it's forbidden to share foods and I am going to take a bite using your chopsticks. Mianhe, Yoongie. Until my early-stage ends, it'll be fine again." 

 

Agape and speechless, Yoong could only nod and took a bite of his food. He felt a little sad for being rejected but he understands, it's for their own good. 

 

"Cheer up. Here." Seohyun picks an egg roll and places it on her boyfriend's rice. "Let's do like this for now, hmm?" She smiled brightly.

 

"Yes. No worries." Taking the food into his mouth Yoong finally smiled again. He got even better when Seohyun gets up and leaned into his face to kiss his cheek and caress his cheek briefly. "You don't have to do that." 

 

"I'm just being sweet." Giggles Seohyun.

 

"But we kissed last night and just now though?"

 

"That was an exemption."

 

"Really?" Yoong chuckled in amusement. "That was more forbidden than sharing food."

 

"I don't know but that was only the Doctor has said. Maybe it's because-"

 

"We exchange saliva." 

 

"Yah! Aish!" 

 

Yoong laughs out so loud. Then he stubbornly says, "So don't forbid me feeding you. I don't care about getting what you're experiencing. I would really love to feel it too so I can know how is it to be pregnant."

 

Seohyun smiled as she just stares lovingly at the doe-eyed. Those words just really touched her heart. 

 

"Why? Did I say something wrong?" Confused, Yoong raises his brows.

 

"Nope." Seohyun shakes her head. "Okay, let's share whatever  we eat then." And decided to not follow the doctor's advice. His words are true anyway. 

 

"Good." Smiled Yoong victoriously.

 

Seohyun didn't miss a beat and she started feeding the doe-eyed rather than. The latter couldn't complain as she would wipe his lips with her thumb and smile at him for the entire time. 

 

 

:::

 

 

Seohyun will be taking a year of hiatus, canceling her schedules starting with her movie she's working on due to health issues. However, before taking that hiatus, she will be seen on fan-sign events this week for three days, starting with Im Tech, on Friday, Nature Republic on Saturday, and Nike on Sunday. After clearing these schedules, she will go on full-year hiatus. Her agency and Seohyun sends their apologies to her fans, companies that support her, and her colleagues for this news. But they promised she will come back healthy and stronger, so she asks for understanding and patience.

 

Yoong sighs after reading the article that's now trending on portal sites across the internet. He scrolled down and reads the messages coming from her fans.

 

-Aww, I hope she fully recovers soon. I'm going to wait for her, no matter what. Himnae Seohyun-ah! 

 

- Weird. She was just seen in a park a month ago, wasn't she? But hope she doesn't lose a lot of her endorsements. Companies whose she's modeling, please wait for our Actress and Singer.

 

- I hope she's really telling the truth. Feels like she has done something bad.

 

- Seohyun you are hurting many fans' hearts right now. Huhuhuhu.

 

- I believe in Seohyun supremacy. She will come back with the same status. Fighting!

 

- Flop queen finally going to stop hahaha

 

The last most upvoted comment got Yoong furious. He hastily logged into his account and commented on it.

 

KingYoong: I can list all the awards she received in her career to call her a flop. Dare me! 

 

"Aish." He closes the web and fell on his bum from his seat when he saw who's standing in front of his desk. "Y-Yah! Why didn't you knock?" He groggily pulled himself up and took his seat, back.

 

"I did earlier, Yoong. You were too engrossed with whatever you are reading there." chuckled Yul in amusement. "But anyway, here's Seohyun's fan sign schedule this Friday. It only needs your approval to push through with this event."

 

"Tomorrow's the launch of the CFs right?" ask Yoong as he took his pen and signed the paper.

 

"Yes. She will be here as what the agency has assured us." Yul nodded as he took the paper, back.

 

"I see." Yoong just nodded.

 

"Wait." Yul however squinted his eyes towards the doe-eyed.

 

"Hmm?"

 

Getting a close look as he leaned down, Yul smelled the deer and grimaced. "Did you puke?" He quickly composed himself back.

 

"Y-Yes." Sheepishly, Yoong couldn't look into Yul's eyes. "But I'm fine. It's just another morning sickness." his cheeks slightly blushes as he now understands why he's having it. 

 

"I've heard that last Saturday, indeed." nodding Yul now also understands. "Which means... you're still experiencing it?"

 

"Yes. I just got a pill though. No worries." came Yoong's reassuring response, briefly smiling.

 

"Aigoo. Change your clothes, you'll going to make everyone avoid you." suggested Yul as he can still smell it. He had to pinch his nose at the moment.

 

"I'm sorry." was all Yoong could say.

 

"Anyway, the police will be here later, don't miss it."

 

"Absolutely. Thanks for telling me, Yul-ssi."

 

"I'll see you later then." Yul replied and left the office casually.

 

Smelling his own, Yoong finally realized he can still smell it too. "Aish." He stood up and took his blazer off, hanging it on a rack. But the smell is still there which causes him to get his perfume from his backpack and spray it around and also to his neck, arms and so as his mouth. 

 

Suddenly his phone rings, which causes him to pick it up right away, smiling giddily to read Seohyun's contact ID on the screen. "You have done packing your stuff?" he greeted her with a question, knowing she went back to her apartment to pack her clothes after she agreed to live with him and also to stop him from visiting her in her apartment, that might cause some rumors about them.

 

[Yes, we're going to your place now. But Tiffany will only be heading there. I'm going to your company.]

 

"Huh? Is it only tomorrow?" Yoong is surprised to learn.

 

[I miss you. I want to have lunch with you already.]

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter