Ch 13

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

13 | paparazzi

 

 

***

 

 

He's smiling, finally, not fake a one and it came from his heart. 

 

Seohyun couldn't miss noticing how bright her husband is when he called her for a video and immediately showed his very bright brother as well. He looks more than handsome now compared to yesterday. And it's a reflection on her mood, as her smiles throughout their conversation are brighter than yesterday. She hopes it's now the start for more good news. 

 

"I really think you need to shave now." But before that, she advised her husband.

 

[Chincha?] Yoong touched his cheek and the chin, feeling little hair now and a mustache. [I think I'll grow this.] He playfully announced.

 

"No! You look better without them!" Seohyun complained firmly. "Shave when you get home later."

 

[Yes, Seoyoung Omma.] Chuckled Yoong in amusement. [Let's end this conversation, for now, I need to go somewhere first.]

 

"Where?"

 

[Later. Love you~] 

 

"Fine. Love you." Ending the video call, Seohyun sighs as she pouted, looking at the sunset from the penthouse's terrace. She's sitting on the bench alone while her midwife is cooking for her meal. "I'm hungry." mumbles her. As much as she wanted to help her, it's hard for her to stay standing for long hours now. 

 

She suddenly got startled when she heard the telephone ring from the living room. Not expecting anyone especially her husband, she walked inside and picked up the call. "Im's Resident, how may I help you?" 

 

[There's delivered flowers and a basket of fruits here, is Mr. Im around?]

 

'Oh, he hasn't told anyone in this building, not even the front desk indeed.' Seohyun reminded herself. "Um, he's not around. I'll ask my friend to get it."

 

[Okay, who am I speaking to, by the way?]

 

"His girlfriend," Seohyun said and smile giddily.

 

[I see... just pick it up here.]

 

"Sure. Thanks for the heads up." With that said, she put the telephone down and proceeds to the kitchen. "Unnie, can you pick up the delivered fruits and flowers at the front desk? Just use the card I gave you to access the lift when you returned. It will automatically go here."

 

"How about this stew I am cooking?" asks Hyo in concern

 

Seohyun approached her near the pot. "How many minutes it needed to be cooked?"

 

"Thirty minutes."

 

"I'll look after then. It's just a couple of minutes getting that."

 

Hyo nodded. "Indeed. Be right back then." And she smiled, wiping her hands with a cloth she leaves the penthouse, leaving Seohyun alone.

 

Pulling the seat on the counter, Seohyun took her seat and set 30 minutes alarm time on her wrist digi-watch, didn't missed to make her smile as she recalls how she and Yoong got along again that leads to their reconciliation. Being their ambassador is really a great decision for her and her agency. Some fate is weirdly happening.

 

Just fifteen minutes into the clock, she heard the door opened and She hastily meets with Hyo in the living room. "Who sent?"

 

"It's your agency's name on the card. I thought you know only your manager knows that you are pregnant?"

 

"No. They know also. Only when I married Yoong, they have no idea yet." Explained Seohyun as gets the flowers while Hyo takes the fruits to the dining table. 

 

Wishing for your safe delivery, Ms. Seo

- Nam Ent

 

"They haven't even called me for updates." Seohyun mumbles as she takes the flowers outside and replaced the flowers on the vase with new and fresh different colors of it. It brings another smile to her face as someone has thought of her. "Manager Hwang probably told the CEO." But she isn't surprised at all since she mentioned she's in the city to her manager.

 

 

:::

 

(Hospital)

 

 

Walking out of the comfort room, Tiffany smiled immediately when Taeyeon turned his head towards her. 

 

"Done watching some boxing?" She asks as she pulled the chair again next to him.

 

"How many days you've been here, Fany-ah?" Came Taeyeon's question in a bit low voice as he stares at her expressionless.

 

Tiffany playfully counted the days using her fingers and then she showed seven. "Seven."

 

"Seven what?" Taeyeon raised his eyebrows.

 

"Seven days a week." Giggles Tiffany earning a scoff from Taeyeon. "I'm telling the truth. But of course, I switch with your secretary for the day. I look after you from lunchtime till around 8 pm as your nurse will look after that."

 

"Chincha? And I did that for you guys for a month and a week?" Taeyeon almost couldn't believe and it makes him feel burdened for them. "I am not having you guys a hard time, do I?"

 

Tiffany shakes her head. "Never." And flashes a friendly smile. 

 

"Don't worry, I'll do my best to get well soon." Taeyeon promised as he smiled a little. 

 

"I think we should be worry over Yoong right now."

 

"Wae?"

 

Tiffanys sighs. "He's apparently in major pressure with your vacant position. The board keeps giving him a hard time as if he can do everything they ask him to do. Not to mention, hurrying the project he and Yul are still working on. But I am impressed by him though, he never showed weakness nor did he tried to complain even though I'm pretty sure he's already exhausted. Aigoo, you raise him well, Taeyeon." She ended it with a smile to her friend. 

 

"Now I have more reason to hurry-"

 

"Yah, take your time. Don't pressure yourself." Interrupted Tiffany and scolding him at the same time.

 

"But-"

 

"It will only stress you out. Also, you see how happy Yoong is earlier, you just give him some strength, Im Taeyeon. So yeah, don't rush everything it won't do good."

 

Taeyeon nodded as he finds himself agreeing. "Thanks." And he smiled back.

 

"Right, thanks for not giving up Tae." Giggles Tiffany again and she took his hand to squeeze it. "We'll be here to wait for your comeback. Take this chance to gain more strength." She softly says earning a hold from the latter and a brief smile. Her eyes formed into a crescent moon, satisfied and happy to see her friend looking bright again. 

 

Just then, Yul knocks on the opened door and smiles to see Tiffany and Taeyeon. "The news of you already conscious is indeed true." He said as he walked in.

 

"Yul." Taeyeon flashes a bright smile right away. "How's the company?" and ask the situation outside.

 

"It's good. They're all so happy when they learned you have finally woke up from the coma. Get well, bro. We're already missing you." said Yul as he gently pats his arm.

 

"See? Everyone's waiting for you." Tiffany said with a proud smile to Yul.

 

"By the way, your vice president is getting a lot of investors lately with his recent commercial film with the marketing team. He's really doing everything to keep the company going." shares Yul, happy that the Im brothers have never disappointed anyone with their leadership in the company.

 

Taeyeon nodded his head as he smiled a little. "He's doing what I have said. Thanks, Yul. How about the project?"

 

"Oh, that. Maybe in just a month, it will be finished. And might be early next year, we'll launch it."

 

"I see... I can't wait to return and see my brother up on stage to launch it." An excited smile formed on Taeyeon's lips. He has never been prouder of him and he wants to see more. "Wait, haven't mentioned this to him, did he and Seohyun got married?"

 

"Oh? They are?" Yul turned his attention to Tiffany who's sitting on the chair while he's standing.

 

"Aish, the two kept it Yul. They only told me and Taeyeon about their plan." explained Tiffany right away, sheepishly smiling.

 

"When?"

 

"When Seoyoung turned for 4 months. They only had Seohyun's parents to celebrate their marriage. But to be honest, they almost canceled it because Yoong was thinking of you, Tae. And then I told them to proceed with it. Because I know, you won't like it if you find out later they have to cancel their plan." Tiffany explained as she felt proud the newlyweds took her words and go on with it. But she's still regretful for not being able to be with them because of an overnight shift in her job.

 

"I would really be disappointed with them if they did. Thanks, fany." Taeyeon couldn't be thankful enough. He's lucky he has friends like them and he's relieved with it.

 

"I should've asks Yoong then. That kid really doesn't share everything. But oh well, they need privacy." Yul shrugs his shoulders. "Just a gift may be to congratulate them."

 

"Right, especially his wife." giggles Tiffany.

 

Suddenly, three knocks were heard from the door again. Everyone turned their attention to a blonde nurse. "It's time." and she announced, pointing at her wristwatch.

 

"Oh yeah." Tiffany gets up right away and took her shoulder bag. "Tomorrow again, Taeyeon."

 

"Yeah, thanks Fany. Yul, for visiting." Said Taeyeon as he flashes a grateful smile to the two, who waves at him briefly as they leave his ward. He however noticed how Yul took Tiffany's hand before they completely disappeared, giving him a weird feeling.

 

"Hey, you haven't met me, have you?" The Nurse asks him with a bright smile.

 

Taeyeon immediately shifted his attention to the blonde nurse, smiling and nodding.

 

"I'm Nurse Jung. Your brother hired me to look after you after Tiffany's shift. He'll look after you every weekend." 

 

"O-okay." Taeyeon simply nodded but the nurse extended her hand towards him which makes him hold it as they shake hands. "Thanks for your help, N-nurse Jung."

 

"Jessica Jung is the name. But yeah, I prefer Nurse Jung." Jessica flashes a friendly smile. She then retracted her hand and checks his IV and the dextrose. "I'm not really part of Doctor Song's team who is in charge of you, but I got an instant job since the younger Im hired me. Anyway, since you are awake now, let me asks some questions. Is it okay for you?" she has her questions written on paper.

 

Taeyeon just doesn't mind and nodded. 

 

"Okay." Taking her seat at the edge of the bed, she began to ask them as Taeyeon answers truthfully.

 

 

:::

 

(Penthouse)

 

 

"Oh, Sh..." Seohyun almost wants to cursed when she heard the doorbell just as the couple in the movie she is watching was about to kiss. She paused the movie and get up, walking to the intercom even though she already knew who is outside. "Tsk no wonder he didn't enter right away." Mumble her as she walks casually to the door and unlocks it. She opened it wide and hastily welcomed him back with a lingering kiss on the lips. "How's your day, honey?" Ask her while smiling sweetly.

 

"The best." Said Yoong smiling like a fool. The kiss definitely completed his day. "But please help me with these first." He reminded, pulling up his two hands as he shows the bags.

 

"Oh yeah." Seohyun didn't think twice and got the two paper bags. "What did you shop a lot?" She asks as she leads him inside.

 

"Let's have a dinner date." Yoong announced.

 

Stopping in her tracks, Seohyun looked at him in shock. "Didn't we celebrated Seoyoung's fifth-month last night?"

 

"Yeah, we did but we haven't really had that date after we registered our marriage." Said Yoong as a reminder. Indeed they had dinner with her parents but it wasn't like a celebration at least for him. "Help me decorate the outside." He winks and immediately leads her outside, to their terrace.

 

"Seriously?" Seohyun stomped her feet. She's totally still in disbelief but she was ignored. He just hastily followed and glared at her husband while he's setting the table. 

 

"What?" Yoong chuckled as he stares at her. 

 

"Come here first."

 

"Hmm?" 

 

Seohyun cupped his cheeks and smile adoringly. "You are really happy today?"

 

"Yes, Yoong wife." Softly Yoong said and chaste a kiss with a teasing smile. "That I can do everything to make you the happiest tonight."

 

"You figured that?" Seohyun giggles as cheeks blushes.

 

"The tone of that comment is definitely you and there's only one person I'm a married man." 

 

"Chincha?"

 

"You want me to tell the world?"

 

"Of course not! I mean... that just sounds so sweet, married man." Seohyun is fluttering. She wanted to squeeze the hell out of him but she's pregnant, which is a bit preventing her to hug him tightly.

 

"And you're my married woman." Yoong giggles and poke her nose. "Let's get going. Put the candles on the table as I spread these flowers on the floor."

 

"What about the food?"

 

"I'll cook later."

 

"Oh, you're not lazy?" Mock Seohyun playfully earning a glare and she literally laughs out loud. But she stopped a couple of seconds later so she can finally do as her husband has asked her. "So did you ask Hyo Unnie to go out in the meantime, so you'll be alone with me?"

 

"Yep." Yoong honestly replied. "But she'll be back tomorrow. She's just with her friend, nearby." He assured her.

 

"Wow, you did an effort." Seohyun is totally amazed by her husband but she likes it.

 

"Why?" You don't like this?" A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter