Ch 02

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02 | New Model

 

 

***
 

 

 

"Hey, where were you?"

 

Seohyun took the space next to Tiffany with a heavy exhale and she leaned back on the sofa, couldn't say a word at all as her mind is still busy with what happened. All that Yoong has told her, keep ringing in her head, it's as if she recorded his voice and it never fails to make her feel so bad, cheater, and a trash person. The curse she did to him on his dm is going back to her to be honest, as she mentally admits herself she cheated. 
 

"You talked to him, didn't you?" Tiffany asks as she tried to read the expressionless friend of hers but she couldn't until she saw a lonely teardrop in the corner of her eyes. She's hurt. "You did see him, tell me did he tell you the reason?"

 

"I was ing idiot." Muttered the young actress and singer. "I was totally at fault. Stupid how I just realized this now." She smacks her own forehead.

 

"What do you mean?" Tiffany is confused and worried about the younger.

 

"She saw me and... Kyung Pyo, together, the night of my birthday." Confessed Seohyun with a small sad smile.

 

Tiffany didn't see that coming as it stunned her and also thought of that rumor contract she heard before. "So... That rumor of you... being in a short relationship with him was true?" She wanted confirmation as the latter never shares everything with her.

 

Seohyun nodded couldn't stare back at her own friend. "He saw that and... Yeah decided to not bother to ask me... Well, I deserve that and what he did was right all along... Ugh, all along I thought he just got tired of me." She frowned and tears started dropping in regret. She hates herself more than the doe-eyed at the moment. "But it was more of myself, being too desperate and ambitious to get my first major drama a success. I was too selfish and I hurt the person I care the most." She sniffles and finally, she broke down covering her face with her two palms. 

 

Tiffany sighs as she could only rub her friend's back. She felt bad herself for hating Yoong for years for what her friend has done. But she's glad to see her friend is not denying either she's making up excuses with her decisions. And it seems she's now regretting. Took her years to realize it though, too absurd. 

 

-

 

It's already midnight but one young man is still drinking his beer, watching random tv shows as he let himself get drown with the alcohol he had been drinking for two hours. He would chuckle then cry and laugh and more cries as he continues drinking. He had finished two cans already and he's not yet done. He went to his fridge and took twelve cans more to his bedroom.... until he passed out, snoring so loud that was filling up the entire huge room.

 

A week later, Yoong finally found a new strength as he got out of his place and drives himself to the Im Tech which is managed by his brother and two of his Uncles. After that three years of traveling, he returned to him to take the vice president position which had been vacant since he left.

 

As he made his way inside the building some of the employees recognized him and bowed at him. He smiled and bowed back to them before heading to the lift, riding along with employees. 

 

He's an IT graduate but never used it because he got other interests after graduating. Now with their company innovating, he wanted to share his knowledge and somehow help their inventions succeed. Not just being the vice president, he will lead engineering new devices that the public will hopefully love to use.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Hyung." 

 

The moment Taeyeon heard his brother's voice nearby, he instantly turned and smile. "You're back." And he didn't take a second as he welcomed his younger brother with a tight and comforting hug. "When did you return?" 

 

"A week ago." inquired Yoong as he softly chuckles and pulled back to playfully hit his chest. "Yah, you look more handsome now, eh? And richer." 

 

"I've been a pretty guy since then." Taeyeon smugly responded. "But still you're taller. Come, let's talk in my office." He pats his back gently as he ushers him to come with him.

 

"Taehyung mentioned me didn't he?" ask Yoong while walking with his brother.

 

"Last week, but he never mentioned you're literally back. He just told me you're taking your position in this company now. Aigoo, look at you." Taeyeon smiled proudly as he looked at his brother from head to toe. "Now I won't surprise you'll get a lot of admirers."

 

Yoong chuckled as he shakes his head. "I'm not here to date, I'm here to work." 

 

"Tsk, let's see." Opening the door to his office, Taeyeon lets his brother walk in first and he follows casually.

 

Yoong's eyes slightly widened and lips parted a little as he scanned his office. The last time he saw it, it was a bit shabby. Now, it looks so luxurious. "Should I step out? I feel like this is a royal's office." he playfully told his brother.

 

"You can't. It'll be yours someday." Taeyeon smiled in amusement, walking to his coffee maker nearby. "Suit yourself, we'll discuss a lot of stuff with your position in this company."

 

Sighing as he takes his seat on the leather sofa, Yoong couldn't help and admire his brother, who is wearing a business suit and his hair is shining. He doesn't look like the brother he saw back then, who only wears a shirt and pants. He looks so dashing and totally every woman could date. "You've dated a lot, didn't you?" now it's his turn to .

 

"I came here to work." Taeyeon playfully replied, walking to his younger brother handing the cup of coffee. "I date a lot of investors." But added upon sitting across him. "How's your stay in Seoul so far?" he added as he took a sip of his own coffee.

 

"Just the usual but had to go to the gym more to get my shape back."

 

Taeyeon literally chuckle and almost choke with his drink. "You look good already, what's with the shape are you talking about?"

 

"My stomach, it has a lot of fats now. Aish." Yoong hissed and shake his head.

 

"Well, you do look chubbier right now." Taeyeon couldn't deny it. He was about to continue his words when he heard his secretary over the telephone that he has a meeting in an hour. "I think we need to discuss your job now." he hastily gets up and walks to his desk to get a folder he prepared for his brother. He returned and handed it. "These are the lists of departments and their team leaders. Since you're the vice president, make sure every department is doing their job right and you need to sign papers also before it gets to me. The IT department director, Kwon Yul will also discuss the new projects with since you volunteered to help the team." 

 

"I got it." Yoong took the folder and check the inside. 

 

"I'll talk to you later after my meeting. For now, my secretary will take you to your office." Announced Taeyeon as he got up which his brother also copied. He gives him another tight hug and pats on his back. "Welcome back my dongseng." whispered him softly.

 

Yoong smiled as he returned the hug. "Take care of me, Mr. President."

 

"Of course, as always." said Taeyeon, breaking the hug and pat his brother on his cheek before he left his office. He couldn't be prouder and happier with his little brother.

 

-

 

"Come in." announced Yoong when he heard a knock. A guy wearing specs walked in and handed him a report. "Name." He didn't miss and ask him. Every team leader in every department, he is asking them, not bothering to check their IDs they're wearing.

 

"I'm Kim Joo Won, Sir. Marketing department. Um, I want you to check also the new model we hired for the new campaign for our Digi-watch series." Joo Won introduced himself and also shares what they're busy with. 

 

Yoong flipped on the page and check what he heard, only to slightly widened his eyes. "Seo Joohyun?"

 

"Yes, the popular actress and singer. Um, we will offer three years of the contract. If the campaign gets the target revenue, we'll extend the deal to five. Also, I-"

 

"Can we change the model?" However, Yoong didn't like it. He looked up to meet Joo Won's surprise look. "I mean, Seo Joohyun doesn't look like she will be a good model for the watch."

 

"Can I tell you the reasons why we want to offer this campaign with her, Mr. Im?" Joo Won politely asks. "My team had discussed this thoroughly and we want you to know how did we come up with this decision."

 

Yoong got speechless and also it made him think. "Okay." at least for a minute. "Let your team present about this in thirty minutes. I want to be convinced." as he decided to listen to them, flashing a friendly bright smile.

 

"We'll prepare right away, Sir." Joo Won took the report folder and bowed before leaving his office hastily.

 

Yoong took a deep breath and slowly relaxes. "From all models out there." mutters him in the process.

 

-

 

"Seo Joohyun is in her fourth year as an actress and seven years as a singer. She's well-loved by the public especially young girls because of her friendly and fresh image. Every product she endorsed gets the attention that there are times a convenience store run out of that particular product she endorsed. Blah... blah... blah... "

 

Yoong is totally amazed at the moment, listening to the presentation and at the same time, it's a note to her that Seohyun indeed has captured a lot of hearts. Not surprising even the team is admiring her while discussing.

 

"So when are you guys going to offer this?" he asks after the discussion.

 

"We have honestly called his agency already and we set a meeting three days ago for today's discussion." Joo Won informed. "It's on the report I've handed earlier, Sir."

 

Yoong opened the folder and check it once again. "She'll be here in four hours?"

 

"Pretty much." One of the members said with an amused smile.

 

"We need you later to discuss it with her, Mr. Im." And Joo Won informed earning a surprised look from the doe-eyed.

 

 

:::

 

 

Ending the call with her father, Seohyun fixed her hair a little before she stepped out of the car and walked with her manager to the lift casually. Wearing a white top and blue jeans, she felt confident as she smiled at her reflection inside the lift. At first, she is anxious to learn the name of the company but later doesn't want to think about it too much. It's a good chance again to work with another company. And it's not like she's going to bump with Yoong again, knowing he just returned home. He's probably out there, roaming around the country.

 

After a while, they arrived at the room where they welcome their important guests. She and her manager took their seats on a comfortable white sofa as a secretary put cups of tea on the coffee table.

 

"They'll be here soon." The secretary said and flashes a friendly smile to Seohyun before she bowed and casually left them.

 

"They're leading the industry, Seohyun-ah. So I think this is huge for you to get known globally." Her manager told her. "And the contract is really big enough for three years of the contract." as he took a sip on his tea. "I can't wait to sign the contract." giggles him in the process. It should've been the CEO of the agency but he was authorized to do it as the representative. 

 

"I don't care about that, I just want to work with good companies again." said Seohyun as a matter of fact. 

 

Just then, the door opens and Kwon Yul together with Joo Won walked inside, flashing friendly smiles to Seohyun right away as they introduced themselves and shake hands with their new model.

 

"We have our Vice President later joining us, but for now, let's discuss the new campaign and the contract." Joo Won said softly as he handed the manager and Seohyun folders that contains the project and the contracts. "Anyway, let's get thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter