Ch 11

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 | That Night

 

 

***

 

 

"You want some?" Teases Yoong when he saw Seohyun just returned from another walk around. He's having Seohyun's favorite, watermelon.

 

"I bought that." Seohyun pouted and glared at him, heading immediately to the kitchen to get herself one.

 

Yoong got up and was about to follow her when her parents walked inside the house. "Father, do you want to ride with me? I'm going back to Seoul but I can drop you guys at the restaurant." He offers, genuinely smiling.

 

"Omo, that's a good offer, Yoong. Wait for us then." Mr. Seo said and went upstairs with his girlfriend.

 

Seohyun walked out of the room still pouting. "So I'll be alone again." She said as a matter of fact after taking a big bite of her watermelon.

 

"I'll be home tonight. And besides Fluffy is here. You can also ask your cousin to have some chitchat." 

 

"No." Sighs Seohyun shaking her head. She walks to the sofa and sits on it. "We haven't told Omma and Appa about our decision." She bites on her watermelon again still wearing a grumpy face.

 

"I know. That's why we'll tell them tonight." Said Yoong, taking a seat next to her girlfriend slash fiancee. He leaned down to kiss her stomach again. "Don't be such a bad girl, Seobaby. It's you and Omma only here later."

 

Seohyun giggles smiling at Yoong.

 

"We'll be home lunchtime, Yoong. No worries." Mrs. Seo walked downstairs assuring the doe-eyed.

 

"Omo." Yoong hastily got up and bowed. "Thank you, mother." he hastily went upstairs as Seohyun's mother took her seat next to her daughter.

 

"You'll be fine." Mrs. Seo reassured her daughter, smiling sweetly at her and caressing her face. "I'm so proud of you my dear."

 

Seohyun is smiling back. She moved forward to hug her mother. "I've thought of it last night, Omma." she softly says.

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Yes, and I'll give you my answer tonight."

 

Mrs. Seo gently pulled back and cupped her daughter's face. "If it's making you happy then we will respect whatever is your decision."

 

"Yes." nodded Seohyun and hugs her mother again before she got up and meets with her father and Yoong. "Be careful on the road." she reminded Yoong when he approached.

 

"I am always." Yoong reassured and peck on Seohyun's lips, sweetly smiling. He bends down to also kisses her stomach. "I'll see you guys tonight." he said as he stands on his feet again and leaves the house with her parents.

 

Seohyun walked them to the gate and wave her hand at them as they slowly leave. Once they're out of sight, she returned inside with fluffy following. "Looks like we got the house for ourselves again. How about we clean up? Doctor Shin said it's a good exercise for me." she said and headed to the kitchen to begin her cleaning there. She didn't miss to turn their radio and listen to some cheer-up songs that brought gives her a good mood as she cleaned the table, cabinets, and the floor. She soon followed the living room, cleaning each dust off of their tv, picture frames, and furniture.

 

 

:::

 

 

Music of nature in the background, a book in her hand, Seohyun had never felt so relax and contented sitting on a rocking chair at her balcony in the past 4 hours after cleaning the house. She's in a good mood and looks so beautiful with her hair tied with a bow reading a novel. Well, the novel is about college sweethearts that are making her image of herself and Yoong, giving her giddy inside for the entire time. 

 

Suddenly, her phone that was creating the music had to stop for a while as an incoming call flash on the screen. She reached for it on the coffee table and was greeted by an unknown number. She was reminded by her manager's words who ask her to ignore unregistered numbers so she canceled it and was about to resume the music and her reading when it rings again. "Aish. Annoying." she canceled it again but only to ring it for the third time.

 

Sighing in defeat, she answered it but without saying a word.

 

[Seohyun, it's me, Kyungpyo.]

 

"What? I thought it's clear for you?" after Yoong told her about him, she decided to not reconcile with him anymore. 

 

[I just don't want us to end like this? Can you please forgive me? Please?]

 

"Yah, if you care for me, you would understand what I am feeling towards you."

 

[I do, I really do but... I'm really regretful now with everything. Um, just forgive me, I will not disturb you anymore. I promise.]

 

"Kyung-"

 

[Let's meet in the cafe.]

 

"I'm sorry but I can't and If I will really like to go, there's no chance. Just forget about me, can't you? In time you will forget what you have done." She didn't wait for his answer and ended. "Damn." she sighs as it just annoys her. She was all good earlier but just by hearing his voice, it immediately swings. "I'm sorry baby." she apologized immediately to the little one on her stomach, rubbing it gently as she calms her nerves. She didn't miss to block the number. "Should change number soon." mutters her, sighing in the process.

 

Just then, fluffy came to her, barking while wiggling her tail. She checks her phone for the time and it's almost lunchtime. "Coming, fluffy." she said, as she gets up. "Ah." but out of a sudden, her stomach hurts and she returned to her rocking chair, immediately rubbing her baby bump as she breathes on . "Alright, easy there, little one. I know you're hungry. Give Omma some time first to cook, okay? Ho... hoo.... ho..." she's taking deep breaths and exhales loudly while enduring the pain.

 

Moments later and it subsided. She got up and walk to the bedroom with fluffy leading the way out. She held her stomach as she keeps rubbing it while walking downstairs carefully. As she reached the kitchen, she pours dog food on fluffy's plate before she prepared a squash porridge for herself.

 

It took at least fifteen minutes and she enjoyed the food happily. Seoyoung seems to also enjoy it as she never kicks her anymore.

 

 

:::

 

(Seoul)

 

"Yoong? Aren't you coming?" ask Yul when he saw the younger has stopped from walking with him. 

 

Yoong smiled and shakes his head. "You go ahead first." he said and hastily entered a store. Yul wonders first but he proceeds to his way to the Im Tech building.

 

Looking around a female dress shop, Yoong couldn't help and smile as he imagines Seohyun wearing each dress to his eyes meets but he stopped at one particular dress, that looks like for fairies as it's peach and waist has a floral design. It comes with a plaid coat and a white hat. He immediately checks the size and finds out it's smaller.

 

"How can I help you, Mister?" a sales lady approached him, wearing a friendly smile. 

 

"Um, do you have a bigger size for this?" ask him immediately.

 

"Yup. Follow me." The sales lady walk to the other side of the store and guided him. "These are only the sizes that are bigger than that." she informed.

 

Yoong smiled back and checks every dress that has the same design. And only one of them is in Seohyun's size. "I'll take this. It comes with the coat right?" which he immediately decided to buy.

 

"Yes, Mister." The sales lady flashes a friendly smile as she took the dress and leads her to the cashier counter with the coat and hat.

 

Yoong handed his card and smile excitedly, imagining Seohyun on the dress already for their marriage. They haven't set the date but maybe tonight, they will. "Thank you." he said as he took the paper bag that's a bit big and finally followed to the company.

 

 

:::

 

 

"Omma, Appa, you guys are home?" Seohyun's voice was heard from upstairs upon hearing noises from downstairs.

 

"Yes, Honey. But it's only me." Mrs. Seo responded as she picked up the pillows on the floor and put it on the sofa.

 

Seohyun walked downstairs, smiling at her mother. "I cooked some kimchi stew and grilled a beef." She informs.

 

"Chincha? For me?"

 

"Supposedly for you and Appa. It's a pity he did not come with you."

 

Mrs. Seo meets with her daughter halfway and noticed her baby bump has gone bigger. "Wow, your stomach is now obvious, honey." She smiled and touched it to rub it gently. "She'll be a healthy baby girl."

 

"I know. And making kicks recently." Seohyun giggles. "She's probably excited to see us now."

 

"Yeah, most babies are like that. Aigoo, look how beautiful you are as well." Praises Mrs. Seo as she gently holds her daughter's face in both palms. 

 

"I am?" Seohyun asks even though Yoong has numerously mentioned it also.

 

"Of course. Your bow and your bright face just make you prettier right now. I'm so happy to see this." Said Mrs. Seo softly admiring her daughter and feeling proud. 

 

"Thanks, Omma." Sweetly Seohyun smiled as she gently leaned in and hugs her mother.

 

"Just keep smiling okay? You're prettier with that." Mrs. Seo reminded as she gently pulled back from their hug. "Come on, join me in my meal."

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "Already have that earlier. I'll just eat some watermelon." She sweetly smiled, walking with her mother to the kitchen. She opened the fridge and took one of the watermelons.

 

"I'll return to the restaurant before supper." Mrs. Seo said, helping herself with her lunch. "Will Yoong be back by that time?"

 

"I doubt so." Seohyun replied, walking to the dining table and took her seat just as her mother put the pot down on the table. "I think after supper he's back. You know he is quite busy out there."

 

"What was the project about?" Mrs. Seo asks as she took a bite of her food without unlocking her gaze to her daughter.

 

"I don't quite get it but he said it will help transportation better." 

 

"Omo, is that going to be like those private cars that can be like a taxi?"

 

Seohyun shakes her head. "There are too many apps like that. I don't think so. Maybe when it's done, he'll explain further." She briefly smiled and took a bite of her watermelon.

 

"I see. I wish him success then." Smiled Mrs. Seo briefly as well before taking a bite on her rice.

 

"By the way Omma, can you recommend me a doctor in the town that I can trust? There's a hospital in the city only but I don't want to give birth there when there are a lot of eyes."

 

"I'll ask around then." Mrs. Seo simply replied.

 

"I have a doctor in the city but that would be long hours to travel if I visit her for checkups." 

 

"Indeed. No worries, the town has a lot of doctors. Let's see if one of them is an ob gyne." 

 

"Thanks, Omma." Seohyun giggles and happily took another bite earning her mother's warm smiles.

 

 

:::

 

 

After the entire day of doing trial and error on the device with their engineers, Yoong and Yul finally called it a day and bid farewell to older colleagues in the company politely.

 

"This weekend again, Yoong." Yul reminded the younger while waving his hand as he makes his way to the lift while the latter proceed to his office.

 

"It's on my schedule now, no worries." Yoong wave briefly back and smiled at him. He walked inside his office just as he disappeared from his eyes. He immediately smiled again when he saw the paper bag on the sofa, reminding him to return home as soon as possible. But before he can even prepare himself to leave, his phone rings from the pocket of his blazer and he checks it to see Seohyun calling.

 

"How's your day, Joohyunnie?" He greeted her in such a sweet voice, walking to his executive chair and let out a sigh as he takes his seat.

 

[It's good. I and fluffy had a few walks around the house again and your Seoyoung still kicks me. But I got used to it now. Must be because she has grown a bit.]

 

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Yoong's eyebrows rise in confusion.

 

[My baby bump, it's too obvious now that I think I shouldn't walk around the neighborhood from now on.]

 

"Omo, Chincha? That's great news! We should visit Doctor Shin for a checkup." Yoong got excited. 

 

[No need. Ask mom to look for an ob gyne in this town so it's no hassle to go back and forth. Also, we have agreed for me to give birth here right? There's a midwife in this town, I think it's fine doing it in the house.]

 

"Are you sure of that? I think I've seen a hospital near the town. You should be in a hospital." Yoong is worried something might complicate his girlfriend's child labor. "You know, it's your first time. We should be careful and for your safe delivery. Let's hire a midwife only to take care of your pregnancy. How about that?" He suggested at the same time.

 

[You saw one?]

 

"Yes, it's a private hospital. I'll come by to that hospital than when I return home."

 

[Okay, if you can find one doctor we can trust then I'll consider that. I'll think about the midwife then.]

 

"You're too brave to think of giving birth at home but it's also for the best for you and our baby, I hope you understand."

 

[I know your intention, Yoong. And I appreciate it.] Seohyun softly and genuinely replied.

 

Yoong sighs. "Glad to hear that."

 

[So can you buy me a fish cake, rice cake, mochi doughnut, popcorn chicken, and sweet corn.]

 

"What?!" Yoong chuckled in disbelief. "You-"

 

[I'm just craving for street food in the city. Especially rice cake that's too spicy. And I guess Seoyoung is also craving.] Seohyun giggles on the next line.

 

"Wow, so you don't long for me now?" Scoffs Yoong.

 

[I am still but what else can do? You're too far for me to follow.]

 

"Araso, araso, what is it again?" Yoong grabs his pen on the desk and writes down what his girlfriend wants him to buy.

 

[Rice cake, fish cake, mochi doughnut, popcorn chicken, sweet corn, and a bucket of spicy chicken.]

 

Yoong scoffs but writes it down either way. "You're really taking advantage I'm here." He can imagine her sparkling eyes in the next line.

 

[Your girlfriend is pregnant, how am I going to stop this? Oh, Have you tell your brother about our plans?] 

 

"Not yet. I'll see him later, I'll tell him by then."

 

[Cool, I'll tell Tiffany also once you tell him.]

 

"I can already imagine Tiffany Noona's reaction."

 

[Me too.] Seohyun giggles.

 

"Anyway, can we video call?" requested Yoong as some idea comes to mind.

 

[Wae?]

 

"I want to kiss our Seoyoung."

 

[Sweet Daddy.] Seohyun hang up and didn't waste time as she switched it to video call. But once she did, she was greeted by Yoong's lips on the screen. [Are you insane?]

 

"Yah, just put the screen on your stomach. I'll kiss her." Yoong commanded.

 

[Fine.] Chuckled Seohyun. 

 

Without missing a beat, Yoong pressed his lips on the camera of his phone. 

 

Seohyun on the other side put her screen on the stomach.

 

"I love you, baby girl." Whispers Yoong and pulled back gently just to see the screen is now his girlfriend's lips. He giggles and kissed the screen too. "I love you too, Seoyoung Omma." 

 

[Now that's better.] Seohyun giggles, satisfied with the kiss she received through her phone.

 

"Omo, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter