Ch 03

Just Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | Result

 

 

***

 

 

Tiffany had been eating her breakfast for the past 30 minutes since she started yet her friend has yet to say a thing. She entered her apartment earlier to find her spacing out on the sofa that she didn't even hear her call that she decided also to cook breakfast for them. 

 

"Ugh, can you just tell me?" She finally dropped the question but her friend just ignored her. But at least she picked up her chopsticks and finally took bites with her breakfast. "At least a thank you will do." she demanded.

 

"Thank you." came Seohyun's lifeless answer earning a hit from her friend. 

 

"What's up with you?" Tiffany is getting annoyed.

 

"I'm just exhausted. And I will have a schedule later." says Seohyun, taking few gulps of her milk and then bites on her food.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and just finished her meal as well. She took her plate and walk to the sink to wash it. "Last night though, heard you-"

 

"YAH! I got it." Seohyun hurriedly rushed to Tiffany's side and snatched her plate. "I'll wash this for you, hmm? Off you go." she beams and pushed her aside right away.

 

"Seriously?" Tiffany scoffs in disbelief.

 

"Go now before you'll be late again with your work." Seohyun flashes her friendliest smile and the latter finally left. A huge exhale escapes her nose once she's out of sight and she drops the plate with a pout. "Alcohol, I ing hate you." mutters her and kick the cabinet under the sink. "Aish." which hurt her eventually. She composed herself back and finally washes the plates. 

 

Just as she finished what she's doing, she heard her phone beeps and she hastily picked up her phone from the dining table and check the message.

 

manager Oppa: Don't forget to go to the salon later at 10 am. Your photoshoot will take place in the company's studio. I can't able to accompany you today so I will only send a driver. 

 

"Aish, how he just forget about me now." she is seriously annoyed with her manager as well. "How am I going to face him now?!!!" she could only whine in frustrations.

 

 

:::

 

 

Wearing her sunglasses, leather jacket, and pants with matching black boots, Seohyun hesitantly stepped out of the car unlike yesterday when she came with her manager. She even has to return to the car when she reached the lift to once again think for a moment. It's really not easy to there confidently after what happened. Not to mention she remembers every detail of it. How much she wanted to time travel so she can close the door shut in front of her ex-boyfriend and it will never happen.

 

"No." However, she lifted her head when something tells her to be confident again and forget about it. "You're here to work. Let's be professional Seo Joohyun, fighting." and she ends up cheering herself, boosting her confidence indeed as she her heels and walks to the lift like on a runway.

 

She pressed the fourth-floor button confidently as she chins up and crossed her arms near her chest.

 

"They have stylists and make-up artists there so the agency doesn't have to bother to send you. They got all the photoshoot needed."

 

She recalled what her manager have told her on the phone. "That punk really went on a vacation without even telling me beforehand." mumbles her and sighs.

 

*ding*

 

Walking out of the lift, she stopped on her tracks as she turned her head from left to right to check if the hallways are safe before she resumed on her track and look for the studio. She passes a garden before she reached their hallway of studious. She has to look for it and find it at the far end upon reading 'Seohyun's Photoshoot' was on the wall. She peeks her head inside first to check if everything is fine, a huge sigh literally escapes her lips after confirming.

 

"Good afternoon, Miss Seo." 

 

"Oh, freak!" She yelp as she jumps in surprise as she hastily turned to see Yul standing behind with big smiles on his face. "M-Mr. Kwon."

 

"Just Yul. What are you doing here, eh?" Yul chuckles lightly, opening the door for the young actress. "After you."

 

Seohyun exhales loudly, walking inside the studio. The photographer who had been waiting immediately introduced himself and she smiled to introduced herself as well. 

 

"The waiting room is there." Yul said as he gestures. "If you get hungry you can just check our pantry, we loaded it up with your favorites. If you want to smoke, there's also an area you can check near the fire exit. Um, Upstairs it's our photographer's lounge so I doubt I have to tour you there."

 

"Thanks, Yul-ssi." Seohyun briefly smiled.

 

"If there are any questions you can ask our photoshoot team or the marketing team." Yul said and bowed his head. "I'll see you around." and left the studio. 

 

Seohyun look around and was already feeling comfortable with the studio's ambiance. Not to mention the photographer was friendly earlier. 

 

"The watch will be here later. Let's start dressing you up." The stylist approached her and give her a way. Seohyun casually complied as she walked with her to the waiting room also known as her dressing room. She took her sunglasses off and check the clothes right away together with the stylist.

 

Meanwhile, Yoong who just walked inside the studio look around anxiously. His brother told him to greet their new model with the bouquet, he's holding in both hands. He seriously had to drag his body to the place forcefully just to do what his brother asks him. If only he knew he would be the one forbidding him to give the flowers.

 

He found a bar counter and approached it. "I can just put this here. No, no, not here... yeah there." and found a chair that looked like for movie actresses. "Yeah, it's hers." he smiled nervously to read the name behind as he put the flowers down.

 

"Mr. Im. It's nice to see you here." Seonho, the photographer greeted him with friendly smiles. "Kim Seonho, Mr. Im." and he introduced himself right away.

 

"Yes, nice to meet you." Yoong smiled back and just shake hands with him.

 

"Are you here to see Ms. Seo?" ask Seonho, which he thinks obvious with the flowers he got for him.

 

"Y-yes. But I don't mind if he's-"

 

"He's already inside the waiting room. You can check on her later or you might want to... " Seonho couldn't continue his words anymore as the young vice president just hastily runs off. "He's an introvert?" he guesses, eyebrows rising.

 

-

 

CLICK.

 

CLICK

 

CLICK.

 

CLICK.

 

And few flashes are now filling the entire studio as Seohyun poses with their Digi-watch. The photoshoot is for a summer campaign that her background has coconut trees, sand on the floor, and bubbles spreading around. Everyone is admiring her and praising her professionalism which fueling her up with her confidence until the photographer call break, she finally went to her chair and find the flowers of pink tulips, causing her heart to flutter.

 

She already knew who sent it because it's only him who knows her favorite as she took the note and read it.

 

Enjoy working with us :)

- Yoong

 

"This punk." Seohyun softly uttered as she took the flowers and finally takes her seat and her lips curved into a giddy smile caressing the flowers and also smelled it. "After sleeping with me..." she ends up punching it a couple of times and puts it aside then took a deep breath and slowly relaxes. "Let's focus."

 

"Anyone wants to have some potato chips?" One of the staff caught everyone's attention when she asks for it.

 

Seohyun on her seat even turned her head. 

 

"That's for the Vice President, don't touch it!" However, other staff informed loudly.

 

"Chincha? But these are a lot!" 

 

"He loaded that up earlier, including Ms. Seo's favorite. The staff is in the next fridge."

 

"So these are for the Vice and our model only?"

 

"Yes, even though he will not be here always. I think he will visit a few times only."

 

"I wonder how did he learn her favorites?"

 

"By researching? I mean, Ms. Seo can be found all over the internet and she got a lot of interviews. Right, Ms. Seo?"

 

Seohyun slightly widened her eyes and smile awkwardly at the female staff, avoiding her stares right away. 

 

'We loaded that up with your favorites.' And then Yul's voice rings her head, realizing that it was indeed the doe-eyed who did it.

 

'He's making his staff think he knows me better. What is he thinking?' Seohyun couldn't like it entirely. Her dating life with him back then was even secret to the public now he's hinting. 

 

 

:::

 

 

Bidding farewell to the staff one by one, Seohyun finally can breathe properly as she's now making her way to the ground floor. It was an enjoyable shoot, everyone is friendly and she has no problem at all. It makes her want to not part ways with them. But there's another day for tomorrow, she'll definitely do better than earlier. 

 

Walking alone to her car, she stopped halfway when she saw who's standing next to it. 

 

"Can we talk?" Taehyung asks seriously. 

 

"How... Yoong told you I'm working here?" Seohyun could guess. However, he shakes his head. 

 

"I just found out from a close colleague here." said Taehyung as he gestures the young actress to unlock her car.

 

Sighing, Seohyun took her car keys and unlocked it. She then opened it and walk inside first then Taehyung followed. "What do you want to talk about?" she felt uncomfortable knowing he cares for his best friend better than her. Not to mention he was the one who convinced him to leave. She's nervous about what's in his mind.

 

Taehyung is quiet for about 3 minutes until he took his courage to tell her. "I know you always see him now and I don't know if you're aware he hasn't completely moved on."

 

"We don't see a lot... barely even." Seohyun replied softly. "And haven't talked with him...  I'm not planning to talk to him... " she briefly smiled in reassurance. "Also, I've moved on, you don't need to worry." 

 

"That's good to know... I mean, I just want to see him always happy. I saw his down days, it wasn't good to see. If you care for him, please continue with that. One day, he'll eventually forget about you." explained Taehyung seriously. The image of his best friend totally depressed isn't something he wants to see again. So he felt protective of him. 

 

Seohyun nodded as she smiled. "Yoong is so lucky to have a best friend like you, Taehyung-ssi."

 

"I'm glad you're doing well yourself. You deserve every success." Taehyung replied quiet not mean it. 

 

"Thanks." shyly, Seohyun smiled. 

 

"Anyway, I hope that was clear and understanding. That's what I want to tell you. Let's not meet again too." Taehyung said and bowed his head a little. He unlocked the door and casually stepped out, closing it in the process.

 

Seohyun let out a huge exhale of relief. She's glad it ended quick but at the same time, she's uncertain of the future, knowing she's working in a company where she'll see him unexpectedly. 

 

 

:::

 

 

After a long day in the office or more like inside the company's lab, Yoong finally could breathe in relief she arrived home, walking exhaustedly to the sofa. He dropped there with another sigh, as he closes his tired eyes. Head is a bit throbbing he wanted to get rid of it. Suddenly his phone beeps in the pocket of his blazer and he just took it without opening his eyes. He only opened it once he heard his phone unlocked. He slightly raises his brows when he received a message from an unknown number. 

 

unregistered no: what did you do and she doesn't talk to me now?

 

"Who the is this?" Yoong mumbled. He wanted to reply with 'wrong number' to the sender when he received another one.

 

unregistered no: it's kyungpyo. I know you have returned and she knew too. But ever since you returned, she doesn't talk to me now. She even blocked me on her phone. Yah, explain to me.

 

"Bastard, how would I know?" Yoong sits up and decided to press the call button. It took only a couple of seconds and he answered. "Kyungpyo-ssi. I think you got it wrong, I've never keep in touch with your girlfriend again... " 'Well except that one night.' "I'm indeed back but I have nothing to do with her blocking you."

 

[Who says she's my girlfriend? We're good friends, not as what you're thinking. I'm sorry then if I accused you right away. But it's just too sudden he will block me and doesn't want to talk with me again.]

 

Yoong was a bit embarrassed and surprised to hear it. He thought they were dating since they started working together. "I-It's okay. Um, how'd you get my number?"

 

[From a friend. Taehyung.]

 

"You guys are friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter