What matters the most

Fate or Coincidence?

Your POV-

Every time you checked your phone for the past week you kept seeing articles regarding Chanyeol's recent cheating scandal despite the fact that none of them were ever confirmed by SM or Chanyeol himself.

Knowing that he was also going to the military soon you didn't really know how to feel or react since everyone was expecting you to come out with the truth, when in reality you were just as confused and shocked as everyone else.

It became harder for you to contact him as he was definitely not in the mood to talk and you knew that you should give him some space for the time being.

So just like that you never heard from him again it was like he just vanished from your life without a word but you couldn't even blame him for doing so.

Although a part of you believed that he was a good person, at the same you realized that you never really knew him that well enough to defend him which was what upset you the most.

All you could do was wait for him to come back from the military even though he may not even be thinking about you.

Was this the way you're relationship would end? Without even a goodbye?

What mattered the most to you was that he would be safe and okay during the time he would be in the military training.

You even decided to write him letters every other week even though the chances of him reading it would be low but this was the only way you could move on from him, as by telling him your feelings through words at least made you feel more at ease. 

Even though the rest of the world hated him, you wanted him to know that you were still his no.1 fan. Cheesy right?

But don't worry he didn't know it was you since through every letter you used a different name so that he wouldn't think he had a stalker or something.

Every other day you would receive DM's of people claiming they found new evidence and that you should break up with him but you didn't listen to any of them and ended up deleting your account so no one could find you.

Since both you and Chanyeol both haven't been using the dating app anymore you eventually unmatched and it seemed as if he was blocking you out of his life since his instagram was no longer accessible to you. 

Did this hurt you? yes it did but at the same time it seemed like it was a sign for you to move on.

So after the first three months of sending letters you stopped, and after about 3 months everyone eventually forgot about the scandal.

Is this the end of our story you ask? OF COURSE NOT

He'll be back in your life, just you wait :)

To be continued 


(Author's Note)-I've learned to not have an opinion over the scandal because of how much nonsense has been leaked and over the years I've learned to not idolize kpop stars so much since we do not know them personally and at the end of the day they are also human. I'm not defending him in any way since if what he did was true he should apologize but for the sake of the story "I'm defending his character" but not him as a person. Just thought I'd make that clear.