friend

goodbye summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin learned that Jungkook enjoyed dancing. Not only that, Jungkook was a fantastic dancer for a freshman.

 

It was during one of their break times when they received permission from one of the faculty to use the dance studio on the other side of the building from where their usual classroom was located. Hoseok had joined them as well, but decided to leave earlier to work on his expressionary project with Namjoon and Yoongi.

 

“I’m thinking of doing dance for my project.”

 

“Me too,” Jungkook grinned. “Maybe we can work on it together, even though we’ll be presenting our own individually.”

 

Jimin returned his grin and nodded. “Sure thing.”

 

Ever since then, they would choreograph their dances together during their thirty-minute breaks after lunch, then running back and barely making it to math class in time. Sometimes, when they finished working on their assignments or decided to push them off for later in the week, they’d practice together again at night until ten o’clock, the time they were required to be back in their dormitory. They worked harder during the weekends when they had no class, and the flexible hours allowed them more time in the dance studio. This continued on for the first two weeks.

 

Aside from their science exam that was a mix of biology and chemistry, the first week was alright for Jimin. He remembered gathering with the other six on the night before the exam in Jin and Namjoon’s room to study, although it was mostly Namjoon spouting answers and Jin groaning on how awful he was in chemistry. He and Yoongi ended up studying organelles and testing each other on the periodic table until they both fell asleep with papers and textbooks scattered all over the floor just three hours before the six o’clock alarm rang. A part of him was expecting one of them to fall asleep in the middle of the exam.

 

He was glad he could dance to take the list of assignments off his mind, even if it was just temporary. He was also glad that he found someone to dance with because by the time the second week came to an end, he started feeling homesick. After four phone calls to his mother and being scolded double that amount of how scatterbrained he was, his clothes made it in time to last for the remaining one month and a half.

 

“Hey, at least we have each other.” Jungkook bent down in front of Jimin, holding out an extra water bottle for him. “I mean, all seven of us. Or fourteen, including the girls.”

 

Jimin took the water bottle and leaned his head back on the wall with a sigh, staring at their reflection on the mirrors across the dance studio. “I think the only girls I’ve actually talked to are Seulgi, Sooyoung, Ina, and Byeolgi. And those were like two-sentence dialogues, five max.”

 

“I’ve talked to none of them.” Jungkook took a gulp from his water bottle.

 

“Not interested?”

 

The younger male shrugged. “Never had a reason to.”

 

“You mean girls in general, or them specifically?”

 

“Them specifically? I mean, it’s not like I’ve never talked with a girl before. For whatever reason, people assume that,” Jungkook added an eye roll. “Just that I don’t want to force things. It’s no big deal if I don’t talk to them. If I talk to them, I talk to them. If not, then I don’t. Same thing for boys.”

 

Jimin nodded with a hum. “You sound more mature than I thought you’d be.”

 

“I don’t understand, everyone thinks I’d act like an elementary kid or a middle schooler for some reason.”

 

That’s because you kind of look like one.

 

“Oh,” Jungkook pointed at Jimin with his water bottle, “if you assumed I was gay, I’m not.”

 

Jimin was taken aback by Jungkook’s sudden declaration. He wasn’t sure if the freshman actually thought he made the said assumption, but all he managed to mutter back was an “Okay” before Hoseok walked into the dance studio at that moment and claimed that Taehyung wanted them in their room.

 

~

 

“Let’s play Truth or Dare.”

 

“Taehyung, I’m graduating early next year.”

 

“College kids play it too.”

 

“It’s almost ten,” Yoongi reminded them.

 

“Oh this won’t be the first time you’re breaking the school rules,” Taehyung waved his hand at the door. “All the teachers probably went home for the weekend.”

 

“It’s Sunday,” Namjoon pointed out.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter