unspoken

goodbye summer
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jimin woke up alone in the room. He stared blankly at the other bed pushed against the opposite wall, its bedding seemingly untouched, as he recalled the events of the previous evening. After the unexpected argument with Yoongi, the blonde male never came back to their dormitory by the time Jimin fell asleep, which was quite late since there were too many thoughts and unanswered questions racing through his mind. Yoongi could have come back and slept for a few hours, then headed out again before Jimin woke up. Another possibility could be that Yoongi slept in one of the other boys’ rooms. Either way, Jimin was definitely sure now that his roommate was avoiding him.

 

However, he never figured out why the male was avoiding him in the first place. Jimin couldn’t think of anything he did that may have caused Yoongi to feel irritated or disappointed enough to avoid him for an entire week. Could it be him asking the junior too many questions on math? Him joking that he would get a higher score on his exams? Him accepting Yoongi’s bulgogi offers? No matter which potential cause he raised though, it all happened before the past week, before the Truth or Dare incident, and Yoongi was talking to him just fine then.

 

Taehyung’s words wandered back into his mind. They raised a lot of questions for him, but the surprising thing was that he wasn’t affected by Jungkook’s feelings for him. Of course he was thrown off when Taehyung told him that Jungkook actually liked him because he had assumed this entire time that the freshman didn’t. However, he was more focused on the later part: the possibility that he may like Yoongi now. Somehow, the claim didn’t seem too far-fetched. Jimin had considered his previous arguments with his other friends, and none of them bothered him as much as he was bothered now by the events of the previous evening. Because Yoongi was his roommate? Because Yoongi was his lab and biology project partner? Because Yoongi was unavoidable as he was also friends with the five other boys here at Gangwon Academy? Or did he genuinely hold romantic feelings for the blonde male? He was hoping he would have answers when he requested Yoongi to kiss him. However, thinking back to it, it was a very random, unreasonable, and selfish act; he should have known better than to ask that from Yoongi when the male was clearly avoiding him, yet in denial.

 

Jimin looked up at the clock on the wall facing their beds—almost twelve-thirty in the afternoon. With a soft sigh, he climbed off his bed and grabbed a few toiletries before heading out to use the restroom, not bothering to fix his bed.

 

The creak of another door opening startled him. He turned to his right, his eyes meeting Jungkook’s, and that was when he remembered that Jungkook liked sleeping in on the weekends.

 

“Good… afternoon.” Jungkook eyed the toiletries in his hand and said, “You’re up late today.”

 

“I… couldn’t sleep that well.”

 

There was a brief silence, and Jimin assumed everyone else to be up and doing other things on campus. Jungkook simply nodded, and the two strolled side by side to the shower room.

 

“Did… Yoongi sleep in your room last night?”

 

Jungkook scoffed, “There are three people in my room. You think we can or want to fit another?”

 

“Well… True. It’s just that I’m not sure if Yoongi ever came back to the room last night.” Jimin looked down at his own two feet.

 

The freshman hummed. “Well, he did seem pretty pissed when he stormed off yesterday evening. What did you even do?”

 

“I… I asked him to kiss me.”

 

Jungkook stopped dead in his tracks. “You did what ?”

 

“It was a really stupid thing to do, I know. I just—”

 

“Are you an idiot ?” Jungkook turned his full attention to him, and the scene suddenly seemed all too familiar as it reminded him of his second day at Gangwon Academy when Yoongi called him out for not packing enough clothes for two months.

 

“I…” I wanted to see if I really have feelings for Yoongi , was what Jimin wanted to say, but the thought itself was stupid enough to only further prove that maybe he was indeed an idiot.

 

Jungkook ruffled his own bedhead and eyed him hard. Jimin stared back at him, his own eyes shifting uncomfortably between the other male’s visage and the ground. Because he was too focused on his problem with Yoongi, he had almost forgotten that he used to have a crush on this freshman.

 

“What if Yoongi did kiss you?”

 

“Huh?” Jimin sputtered, suddenly all too aware that they were having an indecent conversation in the middle of the hallway where anyone could pass by and overhear them.

 

“Would you kiss him back?”

 

“I… I don’t know?” It was true, he didn’t think that far. He only knew that if his heart raced or had some sort of reaction, it’d probably mean he did have feelings for Yoongi. As for what would happen afterwards, however, he was too shallow to think that far ahead. 

 

“Well, don’t ask for kisses unless you mean it.” Jungkook turned forward again and strode towards the shower room, with an unreadable expression.

 

Jimin knew that already. However, he made no effort in replying. He strolled after the freshman, and the scene of Yoongi kissing him during their Truth or Dare game abruptly played in his mind. The event happened too quickly for him to really process anything. Before he could respond, Yoongi had already pulled away, leaving him in a mix of bewilderment and embarrassment. He wasn’t sure how he’d react if Yoongi’s lips remained on his any longer, although he had to admit that he didn’t particularly dislike the act. If anything, Yoongi seemed more flustered than him.

 

It wasn’t until Jimin and Jungkook arrived at the shower room that Jungkook glanced towards his direction and made a comment that Jimin realized his cheeks were flushed pink.

 

 

Yoongi impatiently tapped away on the keyboard, growing more frustrated by the minute on how his song only seemed to be getting worse than better the longer he worked on it. He stared hard at the colored bar lines on the screen, racking his brain on what possibly could be the cause of this disaster.

 

“Uh, Yoongi?” Yoongi recognized it to be Namjoon’s voice.

 

He knew that Hoseok and Namjoon were most likely staring at him. He’d probably stare at, and judge himself too if he was them. After all, he knew he was getting distracted despite the efforts he was exerting to temporarily forget the boy who made his heart ache

Please log in to read the full chapter